GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

...Finally lowered! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 01:07 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I likes I likes. If those New York city streets are anything like Chicago city streets I wouldn't go any lower then that. My Accord is still lowered too much and I hate looking for potholes, cracks and things of the like. I haven't driven that car in three months cause driving is a chore in that one.
Old 10-29-07, 05:18 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-29-07, 05:57 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good but go lower!
Old 10-29-07, 06:06 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks Great Nick, you can still go lower and be functional if you choose
Old 10-29-07, 06:14 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Looks good!!

~Josh
Old 10-29-07, 06:35 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, I might go a little lower...but guys remember I only have 19's. I have seen pics where 20's are slightly tucking at the lowest setting with these coils. Also, and this is a big ALSO. I have my car parked on the side of my block...it is NOT level! The middle of my block is the flatest, the side start to slope down for diverting rain/water. So the side you are looking at is less compressed than the other side! The other side if I would have taken pics IS lower! Not by much but it is definitely about 1/4 - 1/2" or so lower. I will take more pics on flat grounds when this thing is cranked all the way down. Right now, on level surface I can only fit 1 finger all around between the tire and the wheel well. Thanks for all the great comments guys!!! I'll try to post up more pics when I get a chance!

BTW, the car at first was VERY stiff...now after 1-2 weeks of settling it is SOOOOOOO nice. It takes the road with authority. I know I chose the right coils especially for these roads and my style of driving! It feels so much more positive at 60 - 100mph+ range. No noise or creaking what so ever! They are super quiet. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to get coils and slam my ride but in my area you cannot...especially if I ever plan on getting a front lip or a whole kit...

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 10-29-07 at 06:51 AM. Reason: additonal comments
Old 10-29-07, 06:39 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good
Old 10-29-07, 08:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Comgrats Nick and great choice in coilovers. The car looks great I would leave it as. It will settle a bit more and get lower in time. The PSS coilover setup is engineered in Germany thus it is not designed to be slammed to the ground like a Civic. Even when the suspension is adjusted to the lowest setting, there will be a slight gap up front to allow for suspension travel/rebound..This is done by design.. It is ideal for the suspension to have some travel for rebound purposes and maximum handeling. It is good for one to slam their suspension for show, but not for maximum handeling/ and ride..Trust me on that. The M cars, Sport pack Bimmers, AMG, Audi RS cars are not slammed to the ground, yet they handle like they are on rails. Here is a pic of both my cars to compare. My GS has a finger gap up front with the suspension cranked all the way down up front and no finger in back with 5threads exposed. The 335 is equipped with stock sport package.

Old 10-29-07, 09:12 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bighitbike
I told you they rode amazinggg
and I told you! j/k elliot!! But yes, they did handle amazing compared to my Tein HA's that i have now.

Nice job on both the selection of coils, as well as having the car lowered..it looks great!
Old 10-29-07, 09:16 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markgs4
and I told you! j/k elliot!! But yes, they did handle amazing compared to my Tein HA's that i have now.

Nice job on both the selection of coils, as well as having the car lowered..it looks great!

Thanks Mark!!!
Old 10-29-07, 09:17 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Comgrats Nick and great choice in coilovers. The car looks great I would leave it as. It will settle a bit more and get lower in time. The PSS coilover setup is engineered in Germany thus it is not designed to be slammed to the ground like a Civic. Even when the suspension is adjusted to the lowest setting, there will be a slight gap up front to allow for suspension travel/rebound..This is done by design.. It is ideal for the suspension to have some travel for rebound purposes and maximum handeling. It is good for one to slam their suspension for show, but not for maximum handeling/ and ride..Trust me on that. The M cars, Sport pack Bimmers, AMG, Audi RS cars are not slammed to the ground, yet they handle like they are on rails. Here is a pic of both my cars to compare. My GS has a finger gap up front with the suspension cranked all the way down up front and no finger in back with 5threads exposed. The 335 is equipped with stock sport package.

Nice cars you got there Sean! Lovin' that Coupe...
Old 10-29-07, 10:36 AM
bee0818
Pole Position

Looks great, I probably wouldn't go lower if it was my daily driver either
Old 10-29-07, 10:37 AM
bverschage
Driver

looks great
Old 10-29-07, 10:44 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Looks Great Nick, you can still go lower and be functional if you choose
Thanks Cliff, let me know when you get your ride back...
Old 10-29-07, 11:11 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Nice...the ride height looks good to me.

Quick Reply: ...Finally lowered! Pics