GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Speakers on passenger side not working!!! Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 11:12 AM
sadiqtt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers on passenger side not working!!! Need Help.

1998 GS400 w/ Nakimichi- no nav.
Haven't driven my car for a couple of days, and I got in it today and noticed the stereo wasn't as loud as it usually is. The sound was clear though no popping or crackiling. So I turn the balance all the way to the left and the sound is fine but when I turned it to the right nothing at all, but when I turned the volume up past half I could hear a faint sound coming.

What's wrong? Everything was fine a couple of days ago, and the speakers sounded great!? I'm wonder what is going on and why would all the speakers on one side just give up?
I could understand if it was one speaker but all the speakers on one side.

I searched for other threads but nothing with just one side mysteriously give up without any signs of worn out speakers.
I'm boggled, please help.
Thanks.

Last edited by sadiqtt; 12-14-06 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-14-06, 02:56 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

If it's all the speakers on one side, it's probably your amp.
Old 12-14-06, 03:32 PM
sadiqtt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSteg
If it's all the speakers on one side, it's probably your amp.
That's what I was thinking. Is the amp going out very rare? I'm going to look into it this weekend.
Old 12-14-06, 07:42 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I rarely hear complaints about the amp going out.
Old 12-14-06, 08:01 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

I have a similar problem, I've also got a GS4 with the Nakamichi system and no-nav. I made a thread about it a few weeks ago, and a bunch of people with our cars (mine's a 99) have the problem of the sound going out on one side. Don't be surprised if your passenger side speakers magically start working again, the problem comes and goes for no real reason. I couldn't figure out what the problem is actually caused by, and the Lexus dealer wants way too much to even look at the car, and they couldn't guarantee they can fix it

Let me know what happens, I would like to fix this problem myself
Old 12-14-06, 08:03 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Here's the link to my thread about this problem:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=nakamichi

Check it out and let me know what you think
Old 12-16-06, 01:42 AM
sadiqtt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thetopdog
Here's the link to my thread about this problem:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=nakamichi

Check it out and let me know what you think
Yep thats the problem I have only the speakers haven't on the passenger side haven't worked since I noticed they weren't working which was 5 days ago.
I honeslty hope I can fix the problem because listening to my Nakimichi is one top enjoyment I recieve from my GS ownership.
I don't know what it could be, let's keep each other informed if we come up with anythig.
Old 12-16-06, 05:16 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sadiqtt
Yep thats the problem I have only the speakers haven't on the passenger side haven't worked since I noticed they weren't working which was 5 days ago.
I honeslty hope I can fix the problem because listening to my Nakimichi is one top enjoyment I recieve from my GS ownership.
I don't know what it could be, let's keep each other informed if we come up with anythig.
yeah, the only 'solution' I've come up with is to fade the music partially to the rear, then adjust the balance so it's biased to the left (On my car only the left front speaker doesn't work properly). If I find the right balance between the front and rear and left and right, I can get the sound to come out decent, it's tolerable but the quality is still not close to what it should be.

I'll definitely let you know if I figure out what the problem is. I just moved to Boston a few months ago and I don't know of any good car audio shops around here that might be able to help me with the problem because I don't really know anything about car audio myself
Old 08-26-11, 09:27 PM
sophalthan
Driver School Candidate

Default Passenger side speakers aren't working.

Hey guys, I'm bringing up an old post to see if anyone can help me and maybe others out. Here's my issue, my passenger side speakers quit working all of a sudden. That's the tweeter, front and rear passenger side. I've searched and so far, no one has an answer. Some say its the amp or loose wire. Any insights would help. Thanks.
Old 08-29-18, 07:33 AM
AndrewGSTI
Driver School Candidate

Default Fixed

If your having problem with it only playing on one side and you're using aux. Check that the cord is plugged in all the way on both ends. Normal vibration can loosen the connection. That's what my problem was.