GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 02:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Professional theives won't "blow horn" to attract attention. They are more discrete. Sounds like who ever stole the car wanted you to know they got the car.
Old 06-18-06, 04:50 AM
MrJAAY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW dude, so sorry 2 hear about this man!!! All i gotta say is i feel ya! My black gs3 was stolen back in the day, but because i left the key in the ignition @ a gas station, and the crook cracked the bodykit as he was speeding off the plaza in front of my eyez!

I even told the cops which way he went, but no luck, they found it 9days later literally stripped!

Insurance covered me, but still a bad experience that i'll never forget!!!

If the thief is smart, he would park it somewhere like an underground or what not just 2 lay low so the heat dropps!!!

It would be very stupid 4 him 2 drive around in the car, unless he is iching 2 go 2 jail!!!!

Another bummer!!! With all your mods, chances are that you didn't tell your insurance company!!!so they might not cover all the items,

If they made a key, MOST LIKELY IS THROUGH LEXUS!!!!! EVEN IF SOMEHOW THEY CUT THE KEY(REQUIRES UR VIN), they still need 2 program it again with the Master key B4 they can drive it off!!!!!SOMETHING IS FISHY DUDE!!!
I hope the cops know about all this....or let them know....they can do the neccessary tracking of the key! etc.

IT COULD ALSO BE THE GUY YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAR FROM!! HE COULD HAVE EASLY HAD A MASTER KEY AND JUST GAVE IT 2 A BUDDY!! I"M SURE LEXUS KEEPS TRACK OF HOW MANY KEYS WERE ISSUED OR RE-MADE 4 THE CAR!!

hope you find it, but chances are its gone!!!!! BUT HAVE HOPE!
GL

Last edited by MrJAAY; 06-18-06 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 09:28 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lets not be quick to judge his actions because we're not in his shoes. Everyone reacts differently under pressure and duress. Lets just show our support for our fellow CL member considering what just happened to him.

How bout we not turn my statment into something its not. I was simply stating an observation on something I didnt understand. I also followed that up with a supportive statement. With the amount of coin that I have in my car, I as much as anyone can sympathize with his situation.

Back on track, if they didnt find the car almost immediately, the chances of finding it in one piece are slim to none. Usually I would say, I hope they dont find it and let the insurance cover it....mainly because you have no idea what they did to it while it was gone. In this case, as it would be if this happened to me, the unfortunate part of it is you wont recoupe the aftermarket funds through insurance. Its a bad situation for sure, hopefully you get some kind of resolution quickly.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 06-18-06 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 09:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
How bout we not turn my statment into something its not.
This seems to be a trend, and I get tired of clarifying for some myself. I see I am not the only one. I understood fully what you meant TT
Old 06-18-06, 10:32 AM
noop
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope they catch that ***** who stole it.
Old 06-18-06, 10:34 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

So whats the news?
Old 06-18-06, 11:07 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry to hear that tone. Any updates for us?
Old 06-18-06, 12:55 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
This seems to be a trend, and I get tired of clarifying for some myself. I see I am not the only one. I understood fully what you meant TT
I think part of the problem is that sometimes statements come across differently when you write them versus when you're talking to someone in person. I have to admit that when I first read TT's comment, I kind of thought the same thing (that there was really nothing strange about the original post because Tone was simply asking for our help). Obviously TT has been around CL for a while, has several thousand posts, and would be very supportive of another CL member.

Anyway, Tone, this really sucks. Hopefully everything will work out for you (and soon).

e
Old 06-18-06, 05:43 PM
Yoko
Driver

dang. hope you find your car.
Old 06-18-06, 07:57 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
How bout we not turn my statment into something its not. I was simply stating an observation on something I didnt understand. I also followed that up with a supportive statement. With the amount of coin that I have in my car, I as much as anyone can sympathize with his situation.
Point taken Your statement just seemed a bit harsh at the moment.

Lets continue to give Tone our sympathy and support.
Old 06-18-06, 09:24 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

i'll keep a look out i guess. not in brooklyn.

but damn, that's a nice car with subs! i think i should invest in a lojack or some car alarm
Old 06-18-06, 09:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 342 Likes on 223 Posts

That is so sad. So much work in that car. It was obviously not taken for a joy ride. You'll probably not even find the uni-frame. Car had too much done to it.

I hope each of your mods were listed on insurance.

Got a girlfriend that seems shady? Someone close had to have access to the key and have it duplicated or stolen if you had a spare master key.
Old 06-19-06, 07:30 AM
supergs400
Rookie

Sorry to hear that the car was stolen. With technology nowdays, it seems nothing is full proof.
Old 06-19-06, 08:20 AM
SloGS400
Pole Position

That's a scary thought that someone could actually get a key made somewhere. Does insurance even cover a stolen car when a key was used? If for example, I leave my keys in the ignition while going into a store wouldn't I be partially at fault as well. Just wondering if the insurance company is going to try to get out of this one.

Hope they pay up though.
Old 06-19-06, 08:26 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Yeah its a scary thought.....Taking your car somewhere to get repaired and then someone else
can copy your keys, so its is scary

Quick Reply: My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!!!!