GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 03:02 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tone I would have the cops check the prior owner. No broken glass?
Old 06-17-06, 04:06 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn sorry to hear .
Old 06-17-06, 04:21 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is insane man - so sorry to hear about this. The fact that they had a key sould help narrow it down a little. Also, a car like that is not going to go unnoticed. I hope u find the fool who did it and put down some street justice. I hate thiefs

Jonny
Old 06-17-06, 04:22 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That it messed up for real man. I'm really sorry to hear this for real. Yeah money, check out the previous owner for real!!! If they just stole it, it's probably in someone garage by now maybe they'll be dumb enough to bring it out tonight. They were bumb enough to honk when they stole it.
Old 06-17-06, 04:29 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd also call the Lexus dealerships to make sure no one order a key using your VIN#. There's been rumors of people having friends at dealerships ordering keys to steal rides.
Old 06-17-06, 04:32 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im just trying to figure out why you are on CL posting this 20 minutes after your car was stolen......the last thing on earth I would be thinking about at a time like that would be "let me hop on CL and tell the news". At any rate, hope it turns up in one piece..... I could only imagine how sick I would be in that position.
Old 06-17-06, 04:40 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's some serious sh#t! good luck man.
Old 06-17-06, 05:03 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

oh man thats sad
just saw the pics of ur car, what a nice rice
i bet the thief has done a lot of undercover work to find out more about it

definately some inside work
lets hope the police can recover it or its just one of your friend playing a prank on u and will return it
but thats a very stupid prank

u really need to backtrack where the key has been
Old 06-17-06, 07:49 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Im just trying to figure out why you are on CL posting this 20 minutes after your car was stolen......the last thing on earth I would be thinking about at a time like that would be "let me hop on CL and tell the news". At any rate, hope it turns up in one piece..... I could only imagine how sick I would be in that position.
maybe he didnt know what to do plus members from NY on here could help him find th ecar
Old 06-17-06, 09:42 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey TT...

He walked in to his home and within 20 mins heard his horn (Truck Air horns installed - VERY LOUD). He looked out the window and saw his car going in reverse and being driven out the driveway. He lives in a second floor walk up so they were gone by the time he got outside. He immediately called the cops . The cops showed up within 2 mins, but the guy was long gone. They started canvasing the area but I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be found. The Long Island Expressway is about a minute or two away.

Lets not be quick to judge his actions because we're not in his shoes. Everyone reacts differently under pressure and duress. Lets just show our support for our fellow CL member considering what just happened to him.
Old 06-17-06, 09:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,507 Posts

One of the sad realities of living in the NYC area.

If you're going to have a hot car there, you've got to have a garage, lo-jack, a viper alarm, etc.

Pro car crooks don't need 'master keys' or anything, they can steal any stock setup.
Old 06-17-06, 09:55 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSoup
Hey TT...

He walked in to his home and within 20 mins heard his horn (Truck Air horns installed - VERY LOUD). He looked out the window and saw his car going in reverse and being driven out the driveway. He lives in a second floor walk up so they were gone by the time he got outside. He immediately called the cops . The cops showed up within 2 mins, but the guy was long gone. They started canvasing the area but I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be found. The Long Island Expressway is about a minute or two away.

Lets not be quick to judge his actions because we're not in his shoes. Everyone reacts differently under pressure and duress. Lets just show our support for our fellow CL member considering what just happened to him.
I agree but I don't think TT isn't showing support, he's just confused as to why he's posting on CL so soon after the ******. But posting is also a good idea so that it alerts some of the other CL members in the area that can keep a lookout.

My cousin's car (my car now) was also stolen. It wasn't stolen *driven away* but was loaded onto a flatbed truck and taken to jersey where the rims were taken and a couple other things. Some of the older members might remember this. And all of the members showed a lot of support and we are doing the same now.

Tone, I'm sorry that this happened to you. It really is a mystery how the guy was able to boost your car. He's probably very good and experienced if he's able to take a high-end car like that. I'm sure the members in your area are keeping a lookout and it sounds like GSoup is trying his best to help you on your search. I'm sure it'll turn up and hopefully in one piece. Best of luck.
Old 06-17-06, 10:04 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW!!! Holy crap. I hope they find the car. I'm in Brooklyn so I'll keep a look out. I wish for that guy to get whats coming to him.
Old 06-17-06, 10:32 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

sorry to hear this bull****, it sounds real fishy to me
Old 06-17-06, 11:27 PM
salimshah

Received 1,036 Likes on 934 Posts

First thing first, ... time to take stock of things.

Gather all keys that you have for the car. [This may give you clues as to how the car could have been driven away].

List all items in the car. You would need that for insurance purpose and the fresher the memory, the better the list will be.

If your home keys were stolen, then you need to protect yourself as the car papers generally have the address. [May not be applicable but your home link garage door would give the bad guys access].

If a cell phone was stolen too, may be the cops can ask the phone company to triangulate the position. { I would not call the number, as that might alert the crooks.}

Good luck.

Salim

Quick Reply: My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!!!!