GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Offer on a 2001 - dealer said no

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 01:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvangundy
Guess who called back.

$29,500 final offer. Car is still there.
so yesterday 29300 and now 29500? now this is shady.... they trying to play games between you and the other guy? stupid
Old 06-15-05, 02:16 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

call lexus corp and screw them over since they are obviously trying to screw you over. report that they have improper business conduct. heck, you might get the salesman or his manager, or maybe both fired.

sorry, i'm in hater mode right now. just got off the phone with cingular for an hour and they have some ****** up people who work there.
Old 06-15-05, 02:47 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess who called back.

$29,500 final offer. Car is still there.
I don't understand? Everytime they call you and make an offer their price goes up not down?? Why would they call you and continue to offer to sell you the same car for more money? They should be calling and offering the car for less money, only logical?
Old 06-15-05, 04:06 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Keep looking for a car. I had no intention on buying mine when I did. I live 140 miles from Seattle, located four GS430's in the area. A chevrolet dealership had one they advertised as "Maroon" in color. It didn't dawn on me that their "Maroon" was really Cinabar, which was the number one color on my list. The car also had a black interior. It was in very good condition obviously having been well cared for, and it just had the brakes done. THey wanted 31K for it, I offered them 27, thinking they would send me packing. They accepted the offer AND replaced two of the tires. The only GS430 that was priced higher was at a Lexus dealership. I could have saved a couple of grand buying one from a private party, but the color choice was silver or white, and I really wanted a red one.
Old 06-16-05, 12:36 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Forget buying from that dealership. Like Pitbull said what dealer calls with offers that were higher then the last offer. This jerk is playing games just looking to screw you out of more money. He is probrably trying to impress his coworkers thinking he has a sucker and seeing what the most he can get you to pay. I would tell him to stop calling me unless he's ready to sell at 27,000 OTD or lower like your original offer and say you feel insulted how he is treating you and you will tell everyone including CL about his business ethics. I would report him to the BBB and notify Lexus management telling them what he is doing and how they are conducting their business. These things were notorious in the 70's and 80's of shady car salesman and should have stopped a long time ago. Car dealers often make purchasing a vehicle a frustrating and agrivating experience. There are plenty of GS430s out there and I would not give this jerk the satisfaction of purchasing from him and you know there are going to be problems with any issues you have with the car if he conducts himself like that. I would tell him he lost a potential customer for acting the way he did. Good Luck
Old 06-16-05, 01:12 AM
typeshblue
Driver

go check kbb to see how much the trade in value was, and then u can start to negoiate, also u have to remeber one thing about the vehicle is preowned is as-is, you can expect to get everything new,
Old 06-16-05, 12:16 PM
Lvangundy

Hey all..good news. I'll post a picture thread later.

The sale price was ~$26,800 which was under Edmunds dealer retail. Total $29K

I got it yesterday..
Old 06-16-05, 12:55 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Hey all..good news. I'll post a picture thread later.

The sale price was ~$26,800 which was under Edmunds dealer retail. Total $29K

I got it yesterday..
Congrats

So you pay what % sales tax? Where I live we pay 5.5% sales tax on the difference and around another $100 for registration and tags
Old 06-16-05, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by PitBull
Congrats

So you pay what % sales tax? Where I live we pay 5.5% sales tax on the difference and around another $100 for registration and tags
about 8.25% for tax
Old 06-16-05, 01:43 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
about 8.25% for tax
I guess all that great weather and ocean view are expensive
Old 06-16-05, 03:33 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats man
Old 06-16-05, 06:33 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Where did you get it though? Is this the same car from that dealership?
Old 06-16-05, 10:07 PM
dannieboiz
Pole Position

congradulation, they just made 5 grand from you. lol well maybe not but someone got a fat commision check. I worked at a car dealer many years ago and you can't really tell when you get a bargain on used cars cause they could of gotten it for next to nothing. I remember selling a used vette with a 13k mark up I sold it for 10k over cost and the customer paid for tax and licensings. Just an examples of what they can make off you. But I'm gonna try not to ruin your new car, I'm just jealous cause I still haven't found mine yet. BUt I gotta give you props for holding off your temptation for that long and had that much patient cause I would have knocked the sales guy over and shoved the keys up his you know what and walked out when if he dissed me like the guy dissed you.
Old 06-17-05, 02:16 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Congratulations, I guess. I hope they replaced the half worn brakes and tires for free at least. If you are happy paying $2000.00 over your original offer after being treated like that I guess that's okay. I am suprised you bought from that dealer and it does sound like you were taken, I would of said go to hell after seeing how the conducted themselves and looked elsewhere. Their games and bs seemed to work and they certainly made alot of money off of you but if that does not bother you then enjoy the car. Post some pics.
Old 06-17-05, 04:43 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Congratulations, I guess. I hope they replaced the half worn brakes and tires for free at least. If you are happy paying $2000.00 over your original offer after being treated like that I guess that's okay. I am suprised you bought from that dealer and it does sound like you were taken, I would of said go to hell after seeing how the conducted themselves and looked elsewhere. Their games and bs seemed to work and they certainly made alot of money off of you but if that does not bother you then enjoy the car. Post some pics.
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
congradulation, they just made 5 grand from you. lol well maybe not but someone got a fat commision check. I worked at a car dealer many years ago and you can't really tell when you get a bargain on used cars cause they could of gotten it for next to nothing. I remember selling a used vette with a 13k mark up I sold it for 10k over cost and the customer paid for tax and licensings. Just an examples of what they can make off you. But I'm gonna try not to ruin your new car, I'm just jealous cause I still haven't found mine yet. BUt I gotta give you props for holding off your temptation for that long and had that much patient cause I would have knocked the sales guy over and shoved the keys up his you know what and walked out when if he dissed me like the guy dissed you.
You guys are kind of dissing him now too. He got the car he wanted, just because the dealer never came down from their original out the door price, doesn't mean he got ripped off. The car looks nice and I'm sure he loves it.
nice car man-congrats