GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MARIUSZ: Englishtown, NJ May 26 MEET

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-01, 01:14 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IS this thing still on?

Who is going and is it just GSs or can ISs also come?

What exactly will we be doing?

Is it just a get together or will guys be racing?

Is this some kind of big event w/ lots of people coming out with a car show or just guys gettin' together?

What about Supras? Are there going to be a bunch of Supras showing up & tuning etc?

PLEASE GIVE US ALL THE DETAILS? I NEED TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON SO I CAN PLAN & DECIDE EXACTLY WHAT I'LL BE DOING THEN.

thanks,

ted
Old 05-15-01, 08:08 PM
got rice?

I wasn't going to cover the event for Overboost but if the event can bring some good cars, I may make the trip over.

Will there be any big names there (ie Vinny Ten, Paislely, etc) ?
Old 05-21-01, 12:49 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry so late

Sorry I got back to you so late ted. IS''s are just as welcome to come. I also got your message and will contact you shortly. It is an excellent time to go since there will be a ton of AMAZING cars. I know of several monster supras that will be dynoed......Anyhow, it would be great if we can get that event on overboost. I will let you and everyone know the exact place and time we're going to meet. Sorry I didn't get to you earlier bu I've been running around trying to get my kit done, new 20" wheels, and exhaust. I'm pretty sure it will all be done.
Old 05-21-01, 03:49 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what exhaust have you chosen?
Old 05-21-01, 09:59 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

I went with the L-Sportline. It compliments the kit pretty well.
Old 05-21-01, 10:13 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Also, I think I'm going to have my car fitted with the new Brembo 14" Slotted/Cross Drilled 4-piston caliper brake setup for Englishtown. I got a deal on it which I could not refuse....literally.....especially for the event. Also, I found out (although not 100% sure) that Brembo is discontinuing their kit which used to come with 13.1 rotors for the GS. Someone told me that that Brembo/Stillen partnership is over. Once again, it was a reliable source but not 100%. Either way, I should have one of the first MASSIVE 14" GS kits which Brembo will soon announce........Of course none of this Brembo info is official.
Old 05-22-01, 06:00 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mariusz:

sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'll try to call you today.

Is there some kind of event going on @ Englishtown that we'll also be going to or is it just the Lexus's and Supras?

What are the plans for the day? Just meet and check out eachothers cars and talk sh_t, or are there actually specific plans.

How many people are coming down?

What time etc?

Feel free to call me at work at 800-826-1901.

Peace.

Old 05-22-01, 12:51 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Saturday : 05/26 Import Vs. Detroit Iron Trophy Marathon. Muffled Vehicles Only. No Test & Tune. (Gates open 9:00 AM, 1st Round 12:00 PM). PLUS – Mid Atlantic Supra / All Toyota Meet. Real Street Night - all muffled vehicles welcome. Top Street Motorcycle Bounty Race. Plus - RS* + IMPORT ELIM* +TSB + HS. PTS (Gates Open 3:00 PM)

This is the description of the events provided by Etownraceway.

I'm still waiting for Ira to contact me and give us his address. He mentioned we could meet on a big lot near his house. Anyhow, if I don't hear from him by tonight, we could just meet by the front gates at whatever time is convenient to everyone.
Old 05-22-01, 02:17 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

As of Sunday here's what I heard.Things may change of course
  • 190 Supras are scheduled to come down.
  • Parking for the meet will be separated from the rest of the general pit area. It'll be right near the staging lanes and you'll be able to see it right away after paying at the gates.
  • Saturday is drag racing,they put up some Supra classes that are split up into generations.
  • Sunday is a car show and the dyno shootout.
  • Apparently,Paisley was invited but there's no definite.I heard he crashed at Gainesville,is the car wrecked?
  • Ara Arslanian is bringing two 9-second Supras. Ara's is the only one to run 9s on a 6-speed tranny,the other is automatic.

Wasn't this originally a Supra meet? I myself didn't even know about any meet until last week from some friends.
Old 05-22-01, 03:12 PM
got rice?

I won't be there to cover the event for Overboost but I found another freelancer that should be there taking pictures.
Old 05-22-01, 03:21 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

I'm not sure that this is a Supras meet only. From what I have heard, there will be several other "guys." Also, found out today my brake kit won't fit and it's going to be "partly cloudy"......What else can go worng?

Anyhow, I still haven't heard from Ira so I guess we can meet by the gates.....that is if anyone is still going...lol.