GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got hit by the curse... in the form of a pontiac bonneville... :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-04, 12:35 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got hit by the curse... in the form of a pontiac bonneville... :(

Hey all,

Be careful out there. I got rear ended on Friday while I waited to merge into traffic. The guy hit me so hard my stereo jumped out of the dash and broke the flip out monitor (avic-n1). My sub box also flew off the back ledge and my amp for the rear speakers is playing engine noise.

From the looks of the photos, it looks as though he was actually accelerating because his 1997 Pontiac Bonneville (with a relatively low bumper line) looks like it went up ONTO my bumper and dented my trunk lid.

I have some whiplash and am still sore. I'm thinking about going to the chiropractor to get checked out but I've just got too much stuff to do at work and with the Christmas 5 days away, I probably should have started my shopping a long time ago.

Thank goodness he has insurance. Anyone have any experience with State Farm? Are they gonna try to weasel out of fixing the car properly?

Photos:

Old 12-20-04, 12:47 PM
ikankoi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so sorry to hear the misfortune, man... hope everythings gonna be allright. regarding state farm, i had similar experience when my civic was rear ended in texas, the other car got statefarm ins, and they were pretty fair for the damage estimate, and fast too (it was a week process until they issued the check). i got it fixed at honda dealer and the insurance gave me no hassle at all. so i dont think youll get any problem at all.

btw, our lex rear bumper seems pretty strong, eh? the way your trunk wrapped and the stereo and no crack at the bumper at all?
Old 12-20-04, 02:33 PM
slawek65
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, state farm ins. is pretty good.
Old 12-20-04, 03:18 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slawek65
Yes, state farm ins. is pretty good.
Sorry to hear about the accident. I'm sure it puts a damper on the holidays. Just don't let it get you down.

I did not have any problems dealing with StateFarm either. Good Luck.
Old 12-20-04, 06:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dan man, i feel your pain. same happen here. hope you get everything resolved..good luck
Old 12-20-04, 07:31 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

good t hear that you are OK. Accidents are the worst! Whomever you State Farm rep is....just be reeeeeeaaaal nice to them. I'm sure everything will be handled the right way. Good luck.

Last edited by ebruce2; 12-20-04 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-20-04, 09:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

damn sorry to hear that man, that really sux, specially when holidays are getting close it does seems to me that the rear part of the frame is bent a bit though, that's not going to be cheap, and hard to repair
Old 12-21-04, 10:25 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

I certainly hope everything works out for you. When dealing with an insurance company, any insurance company, be advised that the are in business to make money. Since paying claims is not the way to accomplish this, they really try to keep that part to an absolute minimum. They are fervently hoping that you will:
A) Not seek the services of an Attorney, and
B) Not get medical attention for your injuries.

First thing I would do is to get checked out by a doctor ASAP. Nothing is more important than your health. Don't sign anything until you pain free and been cleared by an MD.

The decision about an Attorney is yours. Looking at the pics and reading the description of the accident, I would let them know that it is an option. Especially if they are the least bit hesitant about fixing your car or supplying you with a rental. If, in fact you are injured more than you think, an Attorney is almost a necissity.

Good luck
Bill
Old 12-21-04, 01:32 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks for letting me vent and share... be safe out there!

I called the other guy's insurance company and filed a claim. They asked me to list off all the things that were broken and such.

So I listed off all the things I could see/hear.

radio
amp
bumper
trunklid
interior trunk panels

I also made an appointment with my doctor to get checked out. Unfortunately the soonest I can go is Thursday. Crazy!!!

I called the other guy's insurance company yesterday and they are trying to get in touch with him to verify the story and since they haven't talked with him yet, they can't do anything with getting my ride back together again yet. (this really sucks)

I'll keep you posted on anything new.

c.
Old 12-21-04, 03:50 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
I called the other guy's insurance company and filed a claim. They asked me to list off all the things that were broken and such.

So I listed off all the things I could see/hear.

radio
amp
bumper
trunklid
interior trunk panels

I also made an appointment with my doctor to get checked out. Unfortunately the soonest I can go is Thursday. Crazy!!!

I called the other guy's insurance company yesterday and they are trying to get in touch with him to verify the story and since they haven't talked with him yet, they can't do anything with getting my ride back together again yet. (this really sucks)
I'll keep you posted on anything new.
c.
Hi Cliffud. Last time we emailed was regarding hometown in Phoenix. Sorry to hear about your accident. Yes, get checked out by your doctor asap b/c your health is top priority. Everything else is replaceable. Make sure you take pictures of everything. Don't let this get you too down for the holidays, as long as you're ok . Take care.
Old 12-22-04, 10:55 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

Cliff
I just got off the phone with a friend (Guy I have known since junior high-- a LONG time ago) who also happens to be my insurance agent. He told me a couple of horror stories about people in your situation that didn't get checked out and ended up with LONG term health problems. (One guy walked around for a couple of days with a broken neck) I can't emphasize enough: Get to a Doctor and get checked out. He also said that an Attoreny would be in your best interest. The way he put it, if you weren't injured and the at-fault party was doing everything he could to resolve it, you would be OK dealing with State Farm without a lawyer. The slightest bit of resistance or non-cooperiation on their part OR if you are injured, and it's time to seek Legal Cousel.
Good Luck
Bill