IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got rear ended and didnt even get a reach around

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-18, 12:22 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got rear ended and Geico want's to write it off. I don't see any structural damage.

Crazy beeeech rear ended me today, only had the car 2 months or about 6 weeks. So you think its totaled or fixable? Looks like the sub frame for the bumper is smashed in. Didnt do **** to her vehicle.

Last edited by Rrotz; 08-28-18 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-20-18, 12:32 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Old 08-20-18, 04:28 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Ouch, sorry for your loss...
Old 08-20-18, 04:29 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Ouch, sorry for your loss...
Do you think she's a write off?
Old 08-20-18, 07:56 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrotz
Do you think she's a write off?
I doubt it, my friend was in a very similar accident with his is250 a couple of years ago, they were able to repair it fairly quickly.
Old 08-20-18, 09:23 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Originally Posted by gompka
I doubt it, my friend was in a very similar accident with his is250 a couple of years ago, they were able to repair it fairly quickly.
Great! I didn't want to lose her, IS350's are hard to find in Hawaii. Replacing the bumper actually repairs previous damage at the wheel well.
Old 08-20-18, 09:26 AM
gompka
Racer

Great! I didn't want to lose her, IS350's are hard to find in Hawaii. Replacing the bumper actually repairs previous damage at the wheel well.
Just make sure the trunk closes well and the gaps are even at both sides once they are done doing the body work. Also, my friend decided to do a Wald spoiler at the same time, so if you plan on doing something like that, now would be a good time.
Old 08-21-18, 01:47 AM
Rrotz
Driver

what's the best price on the Wald trunk spoiler and hood wing? Also a Wald front bumper lip. While we're at it, Is there an OEM F-Sport front grille and how much do they go for?
Old 08-21-18, 06:41 PM
StanleyR
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to say, but I'm fairly certain it's a loss.
Given the year and cost to repair it, the busted trunk and dismal looking trunk pic.
Old 08-22-18, 05:25 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Not sure about the crash bar and what its worth.. but a new bumper is only $1000 painted and installed..

Hard to say that the car is a write off.. thats gravy work for body shops right there
Old 08-22-18, 08:43 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you didn’t deploy airbags or lock seatbelts that’s not totaled.
Old 08-23-18, 02:03 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I'd say because it was an on-center accident and not off to one side or the other, that the repair costs will be <75% of the current value of the car to fix. Not totalled in my mind.
Old 08-27-18, 10:21 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Geico, the insurance company wants to write it off for $10k, bought it for $12k a few months ago with $3k down.. Seatbelts didn't lock or airbags deploy. Can't the other driver pay for the difference? I'm really sad, only had it for a few months and had the windows tinted. Good thing I didn't get the F-Sport Wheels. I kept the center caps and was just about to put them on, now i need to return them.

What should I do guys? Anyone deal with Geico? What are some tricks to get them to fix the damage?

Last edited by Rrotz; 08-27-18 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-28-18, 06:37 AM
ramainli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geico, the insurance company wants to write it off for $10k, bought it for $12k a few months ago with $3k down.. Seatbelts didn't lock or airbags deploy. Can't the other driver pay for the difference? I'm really sad, only had it for a few months and had the windows tinted. Good thing I didn't get the F-Sport Wheels. I kept the center caps and was just about to put them on, now i need to return them.

What should I do guys? Anyone deal with Geico? What are some tricks to get them to fix the damage?
Ask Geico can you buy back the car, they'll probably sell it to you for a few thousand. Then with the leftover money, fix the bumper. In the end, you should still have a few thousand left over though your car will have a salvage title.
Old 08-28-18, 06:44 AM
gompka
Racer

Originally Posted by ramainli
Ask Geico can you buy back the car, they'll probably sell it to you for a few thousand. Then with the leftover money, fix the bumper. In the end, you should still have a few thousand left over though your car will have a salvage title.
I very highly doubt he would have a "few thousand" left over. Its not just the bumper, its the subframe and the trunk and whatever else may come up that is hidden. Even then you will have a salvage title, and if you decide to sell the car in the future it will be harder to sell and you will get a very low price. Sucks that there is a 2k gap in the payout, but i guess it is what it is, i agree that you should be able to sue the other guy to make up for the difference, but i doubt its worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Got rear ended and didnt even get a reach around