GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Anyone ever heard this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 04:03 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever heard this?

The last couple of days I've noticed when I go out and start my car "cold" I hear the fuel pump kinda tick about ten times. I've tried to listen for my pump prime before but never heard anything but now all of a sudden I'm hearing when i cold start my car. Like a ticking sound. Almost like a bomb. Any ideas?
Old 06-20-18, 08:37 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts

maybe your fuel pump ecu? Check this thread for more info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-location.html
Old 06-21-18, 01:11 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Default well that settles that

Originally Posted by joewitafro
maybe your fuel pump ecu? Check this thread for more info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-location.html
I appreciate you telling me what that was because I was going through my trunk checking stuff still trying to run down a bad wire that is making my interior lights not work.. P.I.T.A. is all I can honestly say.. but I ran across this thing attached to the back of that trunk hinge and wondered what the hell it was.. In my particular case though it is on the other side opposite the antenna. I appreciate the crap out of that though joewitafro BECAUSE I was seeing all kinda wiring and even a rubbery clear hose running over there and down the wheel well but couldn't figure out what any of it was. I figured the tube was fuel related even though it is on the other side of the car from the tank filler opening BUT... Y'know what else would have a hose in the trunk!? I'm honestly hoping it's not something like that.. because I'm having trouble finding simple **** and that would be a real monster to have to locate I'm thinking! HEY IF ANYBODY HAS ONE THAT WORKS THEY WANT TO SELL HIT ME UP.. I'LL TAKE ONE JUST TO HAVE IT ON HAND!!!
Old 06-21-18, 02:20 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts

the clear hoses are drip lines for your sunroof. the fuel pump ECU should be on the same side as the antenna, that part is a little confusing to me. I haven't dug around on the right side beyond removing my cd changer and amplifier.
Old 06-22-18, 08:11 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Originally Posted by joewitafro
the clear hoses are drip lines for your sunroof. the fuel pump ECU should be on the same side as the antenna, that part is a little confusing to me. I haven't dug around on the right side beyond removing my cd changer and amplifier.
LMAO!! MAN I'M SO GLAD I'VE GOT Y'ALL HERE TO TELL ME STUFF LIKE ^^^ THAT!! LOL

SERIOUSLY I WAS WONDERING WTF THAT WAS BUT WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE RIGHT? IN THE TRUNK, JUST HAPPENS TO BE WHERE I CAN SEE THE GAS TANK IN THIS CASE!!! Yeah man how way off was I.. Seriously though there is a white square piece of plastic that from memory (which is very spotty in my middle age) is actually a wiring harness of some sort on the inside edge of that hinge piece, and around back there is something there too. That's why I was assuming.. See I haven't dug around on the other side, over by the antenna yet, and you think I would have especially since the antenna isn't working (at least the up and down part anyway) but I have been attributing that to the same thing that has my interior lights not working and also my seat belt light on the dash and the door ajar AS WELL AS the radio hot wire.. I was assuming that it was all an issue with an unplugged or a burned out hot wire somewhere along that line hopefully inside the front of the car. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!! Like where I can start checking from the fuse box to the radio for the burned out wire.. I'm not sure exactly where the wire goes. I've got the diagrams but as far as the placement in the car. Although I do have some of that info too, but I'm just lost as to how exactly to get to it. LOL

Can you see my headache here.. It's a little car and a little me being nervous about touching too much in a 23 year old car. I just had to epoxy on the gas tank clip because apparently it only took a little prying by my girl to break it off clean... YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK I GAVE HER THAT DAY!! We had had the dash apart and I'm going to blame my friend for not putting the harness back together for that switch.. So I was just really quick going to pop the dash bottom off in the parking lot, but before I did I wanted to make sure it wasn't just hanging up like it did the first day I had the car, but you have nothing to grab so I had to kinda slide a card or something in the crack and pull out a little. I told her to do that and apparently she DONKEY KONGED it.