GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

DgotNEW20S!!!!! Pics coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-03, 04:38 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DgotNEW20S!!!!! Pics coming soon

Hey all, things have been kinda quiet for us 1st Genners on the wheels front, so I thought I would spice things up!! On saturday, I mounted a set of:

20x8.5" Dronnel CA-05 (Superchrome Finish)
35 offset
255/35-20 Falken GRB fk451

The car looks really classy with them, and they are a BIG improvement over my previous rims. I got them from a Speed Shop on Queens Boulevard called Illusions. They have all the Dronnels there, but I got the last set of CA-05s!!! It feels really good to have a quality set of wheels on my car, instead of some big hunk of metal with a shiny coating!!

These wheels are really light, and the chrome finish is not dipped like alot of other wheels, it is applied only to the face!! The wheels even say "Made in Japan" between the spokes. When the guys in the shop saw the wheels, they were like "Whoa that looks nice!" It feels really good when the wanksta's with the 20" Platinum Stingers roll by me!!! I just shake my head! The best thing about these wheels is, most people(in the northeast) dont know about them, and they also dont have a set!

I took pics on Saturday, and I will post them tomorrow. I will take more pics when I put them BACK on the car. Why did I take them off the car after one day you ask?

The Best and Worst Wknd my car has EVER HAD!!
Old 06-30-03, 05:07 PM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

Wow, good news, but that's sucks about the tranny. Keep us updated.

Last edited by Seminole GS300; 06-30-03 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-30-03, 05:51 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Congrats!!

I can't wait to see them! Glad you went with Dronells, I here they are pretty good wheels and hard to come by nowadays! Hurry up and post pics!!!

Regards,

-Seize

Last edited by Seize; 06-30-03 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-01-03, 11:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the wheels, sorry on the tranny...but I wouldn't worry about it, they should replace the tranny free of charge. I had the same thing happen on a Certified ES300 with 98K miles...I blew 2nd and 3rd gear (go figure?) and they installed a new tranny at a cost of $5K...I got some free cookies out of it too..

But I had a crappy *** loaner (a VW)....

Looks like you're moving up in the wheel world...next thing you know, you'll have a set of Brushed or Graphite color wheels...
Old 07-01-03, 03:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks Manaray, I just posted in my other thread, they will fix the tranny FREE OF CHARGE!!!

As far as the wheels go, I have always had an eye for Brand Equity, Craftsmanship, etc (Work, Volk, etc), but it has been a couple years since I have been exposed to true enthusiasts, so I backslid! I have to thank you and my fellow CL members for bringing me back to my old self!! Most of the guys here have great taste, which allows you to modify a great car and not degrade it! (like putting add on spinners on a BENTLEY) The car just looks so much classier, it looks like a nice car with a set of nice wheels, NOT a nice set of wheels, with a car!!

I forgot to tell the best part, I paid LESS for the Dronnel than I did for the Ghettotrash, both BRANDNEW. Go figure. I just dropped the film off for developing so pics will be in a hour or so.

BTW- I still have to keep it shiny!!! Next sping, I'll just get Bluelex's Zaubers, you know how we all get bored with stuff!!!!
Old 07-01-03, 06:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

hey all, my pics are in the wheels forum, but boy are they crappy, so I wont post a new thread until I get ahold of a digi cam, but here is the link.

Like I said the PICs SUCK

New Wheels
Old 07-01-03, 06:16 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Sweet wheels....your car looks MUCH better now than it did before.

Last edited by BR1AN; 07-01-03 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-02-03, 01:05 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Nice wheels bro!! Roll out....Roll out......Roll out......
Old 07-02-03, 12:21 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Looks Good

Good choice of wheels, I actually posted a photoshop of those on my car a while back, when I was thinking of getting some bigger wheels(have a pic of my car in my room with them, ahaha) what width did you get? I am diggin those and the 5 stars on the Blue 2nd generation in these posts alot, I am gona wait until I get a 2nd generation probably until I get bigger wider wheels, or if I like the 3rd generation when I see I am gonna buy that, we'll see, damn sucks about the trans but hey at least its covered, my warantee is up cause of the year not the milage, hope it doesn't happen to me.
Old 07-02-03, 03:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Chmpgn, thanks for the kind words man. Yeah, I'm already priming bluelex (2nd Gen with the Zaubers) for his wheels now (gotta be forward thinking). After being on this site for a while I came back to my old sense of taste and began to HATE those trash wheels. To be honest I preferred the clean and classy look of my stocks with a drop over the MTV Cribs look! As far as your car goes, I think you are fine, my car was one of the first ones to get the 5sp tranny and it may have had some demons! Plus I got it preowned from Lexus, so who knows how it was driven before I got it and babied it. And dont wait, get bigger wheels now!! The shop that I got them from also has Mahdi Ceasers (INDYPWRs wheels) and other high end brands.
Old 07-04-03, 01:34 AM
Rover
Pole Position

Oh, *****, here we go.
Big baller, shot caller.
They are off the hook, kid.
Congrats, bro.