GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 12:38 PM
Huicho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement

I have this issue with my 94' GS 300 the two front windows of the driver and passenger side. The rubber weatherstrip and the trim just came apart and is sticking out which makes a lot of wind noise and water gets in when it rains. I need someone to please recommend a place in So Cal that can replace or fix this or if some can please tell me where I can get these parts to replace them myself ASAP. Any feed back would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement-lexus-passenger-window-3.jpg   Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement-lexus-passenger-window-2.jpg   Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement-lexus-passenger-window-6.jpg   Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement-lexus-passenger-window-1.jpg   Please Help!!! Driver & Passanger weatherstrip seal and trim replacement-lexus-passenger-window-4.jpg  

Old 10-27-10, 03:00 PM
Stolen
Driver

Wow same as mine, my question is as soon as the metal trim starts to bend why does the weather stripping seem like its now to big to ever go back in place? Its like it swells up and becomes deformed. Would love to see a new weather stripping piece from the dealer, I mean is it always like that even new? hope somebody out there understands me. It just plain urks me!
But as for where to get there is a junk yard that deals w/ nothing but Toyota/Lexus parts. Called "All Toyota" There # is 1-877-854-0603. It's a hit or miss place you might have to call back a few weeks. But they sell the metal trim. As for the weather striping I'd just buy new, for the reason of fitting it on correctly. I called that place before they told me $125 per side. They are in something Rancho Cali? Not sure where that is though. Hope this helps though.
Old 10-27-10, 03:24 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Tap Recycling has 3 1GS cars there now and, from the pics, the trim looks to be ok:

http://www.fresno-taprecycling.com/i.../lexus_gs.html
Old 10-27-10, 08:00 PM
rapollon
Lead Lap

The rear isn't too bad, the front I'd suggest getting a countersink drill bit and drill it carefully in place until you can find a new one. I just shipped on out yesterday with a slight bend that I smoothed out. But ur angles would be a lil difficult to make look nice. The rear you can do with a heat gun and work it down.
Old 10-28-10, 06:45 PM
Huicho
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the response and information.
Old 10-30-10, 01:03 PM
Is300Tree2
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all have the same problem. I think the rubber peice just adhears to it and becomes brittle like old gasket material. So when the trim breaks so does the weather strip. Im looking to replace mines too. If my local junk yard has some im grabbing them all.
Old 11-03-10, 11:07 AM
Huicho
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Link13 I called Tap recycling and they told me that they don't break down there cars that down for a weather strip and trim. They suggested to go straight to the dealer and have it repair there instead.
Old 11-03-10, 04:46 PM
VIP_Dreamz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Huicho
Thanks Link13 I called Tap recycling and they told me that they don't break down there cars that down for a weather strip and trim. They suggested to go straight to the dealer and have it repair there instead.
Stolen is right. hit up all toyota. they are a junk yard in Rancho Cordova. I have personally been there myself a few times. I picked up the window trim for a good price. TAP is not a good resource, every time I have gone there, they never seem to have the part I need. for your JDM/ Aristo goods there is Venus Auto as well.