Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Iowa Represent

Old 02-11-07, 01:55 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300
Im down for whatever- I do think meeting out at saylorville for some pics and to hang would be pretty fun- and im always down for a cruze to chicago- have a blast everytime im there- but yea when the weather warms up in the next month or two we are most defenatly gonna have to meet up- im not sure really of any for sure dates yet but i can work around whatever is best for everyone else- but i know last minute stuff comes up all the time- so i mean whatever dates people have open - we can set something up - maybe rent a shelter- ill go buy some steaks and some brews(or soda) whatever- cruze to the dam and take some pics by the spill way- whatever people want to do but yea we should try to set something up as far as a cruze to HIN and rent some hotel rooms or something- i know alot of chi-town, KC CL members are gonna be there -
we will hafta discuss dates for the spring meet when we get more people!!! maybe post a thread in the sc/gs/is/ls forums with a link calling all IA owners to this thread... anyways, ill help with whatever food and drinks and such as soon as we figure out what the turnout will be like, maybe some kegs? i have a bunch of friends that work for iowa beverage systems so we could prolly get some good prices...
and then for a summer meet we could do the same thing on a smaller scale, maybe meet at a restaraunt or something and eat and then we could all head out to chicago from their, maybe we could get a discounted group rate on hotel rooms and such, theres plenty of time to work on the details, but we should definately get some ***** rolling on this stuff!!!

i should probably work on getin my bumper fixed too... im thinkin jic magic aero's should do the trick...
Old 02-11-07, 02:09 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
i should probably work on getin my bumper fixed too... im thinkin jic magic aero's should do the trick...
Yea I got some new side skirts and rear bumper lip on the way- not sure what i want for the front lip maybe vertex or wise- not sure- but yea ill see what they are doing in the chicago and kc forums and see what we can setup
Old 02-11-07, 03:35 PM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

sounds good to me, once we start getting closer to the right time, we have to get a more specific time frame.

as long as we are talking about repairing our cars. Anyone know of a good salvage yard where I can get some interior parts to piece together this GS400? and a good body shop where I can get my wing taken off my trunk?
Old 02-11-07, 04:55 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DonJuan45i
and a good body shop where I can get my wing taken off my trunk?
yeah ill also be needin a good body shop to fill in one of the exhaust holes in the jic rear bumper, since i plan on goin with a single exit exhaust... im thinkin a semi truck body shop would probably be good for that since they mold fiberglass all the time to repair truck hoods and fairings, which are all made out of fiberglass... plus i used to work in the body shop at housby mack over off ne 14th so i know some of the guys out there. way off topic tho... my bad... back to the meet, pm me with body shop suggestions...
Old 02-11-07, 05:17 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

sounds good to me, once we start getting closer to the right time, we have to get a more specific time frame.

as long as we are talking about repairing our cars. Anyone know of a good salvage yard where I can get some interior parts to piece together this GS400? and a good body shop where I can get my wing taken off my trunk?
The OEM spoiler on the 98 GS400 is attached using bolts, rivets and held down with double stick tape- but besides all the mess from the tape, there will remain three holes on the right and four holes on the left, that will need to be plugged and painted over- It would probably be easier to just switch out trunks with someone that wants a spoiler- also i cant remember the name but there is a salvage yard by the capital building, by the train tracks on the east side- i would check there- what parts do you need for the interior?
Old 02-11-07, 05:20 PM
IAGS400
Pole Position

I just replied about this in your other thread? I can't remember who had the 2 GS 300's.
Old 02-11-07, 05:28 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Here try this there in Des Moines

Trail's End Auto and Truck Salvage
http://www.trailsendauto.com/

and check these out you might find something-
http://www.yardquest.com/location_Io...x?PageNumber=1

http://www.usedpartscentral.com/search_iowa.htm

Last edited by iasc300; 02-11-07 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-12-07, 08:27 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

ok guys here are some higher quality pics of my car, enjoy!!!

Old 02-12-07, 08:44 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

im loving your hid kit- looks awesome and your lowered stance looks perfect
Old 02-14-07, 11:59 AM
GaDawg
Driver

GREAT job getting the ball rolling Ryan!!
Sorry, I've been off the forum for a few days. To all the other folks, I'm out in Davenport with my 94 SC400, so don't forget us east-siders.

I smoke MEAN *** ribs/pork shoulder and worship fine beers, so everything sound cool to me!!! I recommended something like Iowa City (midway) for our first meet in April, followed by a possible trip to Chicago, but I'm open to travel to DM if need be. I'm halfway, for most, so the QCA could work out as a nice stop over (BBQ, beer and bufoonary) on the way to the Chicago CL meet. Just an idea.

I haven't modded my car too much, but here's a short list of the biggies...
I removed the resonators and stock piping aft of the center cat and replacing them with stainless offset Magnaflow hi-flow mufflers and tips...reasonable mod for a noticeable improvement...and plan on replacing the forward cats and center cat with more Magnaflow hi-flow cats. I just installed my LeatherSeats.com seat replacements and they look pretty sweet! I'm about to install a full Alpine 2.5 DIN touchscreen stereo system in a few weeks, refurbishing my HVAC (I have the address/contact for you to send your blacked out units to Mikado out in San Fran for $195...like new), a new windshield and sunroof trim, then new brakes, shoes and wheels later this year.

Can't wait to meet y'all (sorry, I'm from Atlanta, gotta do it) and compare notes.

BTW, your rides look sweet guys.
Old 02-14-07, 12:46 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Yea im sure something half-way would work for people that are spread out across the state- im willing to travel- sounds like your getting alot of stuff done to your sc in the up-coming months - if you need any assistance with anything dont hesitate to ask I know ill help and im pretty sure the other guys on here will help in any way possible - thats why we are here- im excited to get together this spring- looking forward to it a great deal- we will all just have to keep in touch- my phone number is 515-473-2657 names Ryan you guys can call me any(resonable)time-
as far as traveling, i have no problems with that, and i like the quad cities idea on the way to chi-town, the central iowan guys could meet up somewhere in Des Moines first, then meet up with more guys in the QC area for some festivities and then head out to chi-town. im pissed that HIN is in march though, it used to be in june. i may not be able to make the HIN trip in march because i will just be gettin back from NYC on the 25th, maybe we could do the HIN nightshift in chicago on july 28th instead, if that would work out better for anyone else, besides me, as well. then we could just have a spring meet, here in central iowa with a barbecue, cruise, and photoshoot.

Ryan, what time you wanna move that harness saturday? i get off work around 8 a.m. im guessin you wont get up to early on a saturday mornin so maybe we could meet up for some lunch then go and get this thing done, before i ruin it again...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 02-14-07 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 12:53 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

yea we could get some lunch and take care of that harness in the afternoon - thats cool- give me a call sometime and we will set something up- oh whats the weather suppost to be like do you know?
Old 02-14-07, 01:03 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

yea we could get some lunch and take care of that harness in the afternoon - thats cool- give me a call sometime and we will set something up- oh whats the weather suppost to be like do you know?
ok ill call you friday sometime, i think its supposed to snow saturday and about 30 degrees. you better bring out that sc though! dont worry, mine doesnt have traction cntrl either oh and read my edit in the post above about my HIN nightshift idea
Old 02-14-07, 01:13 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

whatever will work best for the majority of people- im always down in july though- i was hesatant on driving up in march as well- but if enough people want to go- ill go- im just sick of this damn weather-
Old 02-14-07, 05:42 PM
SC_DRIFTER
Pole Position

Hello all! Another fellow Iowan. I live in Center Point (approx. 15 min North of Cedar Rapids). I just purchase the last parts I needed to start my 5 speed swap. We have a shop and work mainly on 240sx's.

www.SLIDESTYLE.net

Mods I have done so far.........Blitz NurSpec R single exit cat-back exhaust. Just purchased...... ACT 6 Puck clutch, Greddy Titanium Shift ****, Tokico Blues w/ Espiler ASD springs.

Below are a few pictures of my baby, ignore the mismatched wheels. I was working on finding good offsets..........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Iowa Represent