EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Toyota’s plug-in hybrids emit four times more CO2 than company claims

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-24, 08:51 AM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
Hmmm That's a good point.

ICE or BEV and skip the PHEV. ?

It doesn't sound like PHEV has any upsides where I live but maybe it does in other places.

PHEV, for many drivers, would be a reasonable choice to 'transition' to full BEV. It does give a sense of how to deal with daily range etc, while reducing trips to the gas station. Over the years, I've transitioned from hybrid vehicles (GS450h, Infiniti M35h, Infiniti Q70h) to PHEV fully loaded Volvo S90 T8 (which only had 21 mile range of EV only driving, which has since been extended to 38 miles). Also BTW it had 402 hp and 472 torque and it got up and went (performance figures have increased as well to 455 horsepower, 523 lb-ft of torque) . My reasons for hybrid were always performance, first and foremost. The increase in MPG was a side benefit. Then went to full BEV and never looked back. My Polestar 2 went to the dealer twice. Once for a TCAM reset (at dealer for about an hour) and the other was for a 30K free service. Also had to replace one tire due to puncture. That's it! Next month will be 3 years of ownership.
Some people like to dive in, others like to get their feet wet. It's great that we have options.
And, last time I checked, we can drive ANY type of vehicle we want. The Choice Is Yours. (at least for now ).
The following 2 users liked this post by MDlexus:
BayeauxLex (04-22-24), TriC (04-22-24)
Old 04-22-24, 08:56 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Originally Posted by MDlexus
PHEV, for many drivers, would be a reasonable choice to 'transition' to full BEV. It does give a sense of how to deal with daily range etc, while reducing trips to the gas station. Over the years, I've transitioned from hybrid vehicles (GS450h, Infiniti M35h, Infiniti Q70h) to PHEV fully loaded Volvo S90 T8 (which only had 21 mile range of EV only driving, which has since been extended to 38 miles). Also BTW it had 402 hp and 472 torque and it got up and went (performance figures have increased as well to 455 horsepower, 523 lb-ft of torque) . My reasons for hybrid were always performance, first and foremost. The increase in MPG was a side benefit. Then went to full BEV and never looked back. My Polestar 2 went to the dealer twice. Once for a TCAM reset (at dealer for about an hour) and the other was for a 30K free service. Also had to replace one tire due to puncture. That's it! Next month will be 3 years of ownership.
Some people like to dive in, others like to get their feet wet. It's great that we have options.
And, last time I checked, we can drive ANY type of vehicle we want. The Choice Is Yours. (at least for now ).
I'm 8 months short of 3 years on my Polestar! Now I'm full time commuting it, driving the Y on weekends going places with family and trips. I've had zero issues with it since having the Battery Disconnect Unit replaced in Sept 2022, and it's just a blast to drive! Going to be sad returning it in Jan
The following users liked this post:
MDlexus (04-22-24)
Old 04-22-24, 09:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Spwolf bravely tried to pull this wildly wandering thread back on topic, doesn’t look like it’s headed there.

Please feel free to start up other conversations on the many PHEV topics discussed here, they just aren’t related to the thread topic
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
AMIRZA786 (04-22-24), spwolf (04-22-24)