ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Software Updated

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-19, 06:51 AM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Software Updated

I updated my software. I think it added Alexa, but does anyone know if the navigation update updated the maps. I'm used to having to pay for updated maps.

Old 07-12-19, 06:41 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

It did NOT update your maps unfortunately. The actual maps are “data” and I’m sure Lexus must pay for that. They wouldn’t make the maps available as a simple web download. I believe this is just an update to the nav operating system. Probably made some obscure change that most of us won’t even notice, beyond enabling the “Lexus+Alexa” feature for iPhones.

My iPhone wouldn’t even connect to the car until I applied these updates, for what it’s worth.
Old 07-14-19, 10:56 AM
JAM
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Software Updates

The Car Play and Alexa App Update n wt wife's IS did update maps on to far as when you cross the state border, it now says what state you are in.
Old 09-03-19, 06:48 AM
Qaswarah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who did you update?

Originally Posted by EdSpider
I updated my software. I think it added Alexa, but does anyone know if the navigation update updated the maps. I'm used to having to pay for updated maps.
Hello.

I have es 250 2019. How did you update the software? I downloaded the recent software to a flash memory. But it did not recognise the file in setup >general> software update. The update selection is kept blank and grey.

Appreciate your help

Last edited by Qaswarah; 09-03-19 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-04-19, 06:33 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Make sure the flash drive is formatted in FAT32, before you put the upload on it, or it won't be read/recognized by the car.
Old 09-05-19, 07:45 AM
str8aero
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I had contacted my dealer Tech support guy regarding my nav/infotainment system randomly rebooting. He said he had two updates on a USB stick if I wanted to come by he'd put them on. He wasn't sure they would fix my particular problem but the info did say something about "stability fixes" - it was also supposed to fix some issue with CarPlay. I live close to the dealership so I swung by yesterday and he put them on... I'm guessing these are the same as discussed in this thread?
But one nice think the tech guy pointed out is that you can now shut off the annoying freeway exits popping up continually as you drive down the highway.
Old 09-06-19, 10:28 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
It did NOT update your maps unfortunately. The actual maps are “data” and I’m sure Lexus must pay for that. They wouldn’t make the maps available as a simple web download ....
I agree that this update wouldn't update the maps, but what about Dymnamic Navigation?

"New Dynamic Navigation in select vehicles, offers three enhanced features. Enjoy greater accuracy through cloud-based updates with Dynamic Map. Dynamic Route offers alternate routes based on conditions ahead, and Dynamic POI Search automatically sorts Points of Interest results based on relevance. Complimentary for the first three years of ownership.

I assumed early on that this meant they routinely update the maps over the air. Reading it again, maybe it means it just updates the route. How disappointing that is! I thought Lexus finally figured out that NO ONE charges for map updates anymore.
Old 09-07-19, 08:54 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 308 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by str8aero
I had contacted my dealer Tech support guy regarding my nav/infotainment system randomly rebooting. He said he had two updates on a USB stick if I wanted to come by he'd put them on. He wasn't sure they would fix my particular problem but the info did say something about "stability fixes" - it was also supposed to fix some issue with CarPlay. I live close to the dealership so I swung by yesterday and he put them on... I'm guessing these are the same as discussed in this thread?
But one nice think the tech guy pointed out is that you can now shut off the annoying freeway exits popping up continually as you drive down the highway.
I checked my Setup and this option is not there yet. This raises a couple of questions about updates.

1) Why couldn't you have gotten this update through the Setup and Check for Updates? Why did the Lexus tech need to use a USB stick to install these updates?
2) I have Automatic Updates turned On. Shouldn't this update have downloaded automatically?
Old 09-07-19, 08:42 PM
terryakhan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please, I like to know also.
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-19, 07:02 AM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by str8aero

What are your software revision numbers now? Seems that you may have something newer than what is being pushed by Lexus over normal update channels.

Edit: Upon further review, I have that option listed and I have the 1028 and 1025 versions shown in the OP.

Last edited by UKEE; 09-08-19 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-08-19, 08:31 AM
UKEE
Driver

Originally Posted by DavidZ
I checked my Setup and this option is not there yet. This raises a couple of questions about updates.

1) Why couldn't you have gotten this update through the Setup and Check for Updates? Why did the Lexus tech need to use a USB stick to install these updates?
2) I have Automatic Updates turned On. Shouldn't this update have downloaded automatically?
Which software updates are you on? I just checked and my 300H is on the same level as the first post in the OP that the Exit List menu option is listed in mine.
Old 09-08-19, 02:05 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by UKEE
Which software updates are you on? I just checked and my 300H is on the same level as the first post in the OP that the Exit List menu option is listed in mine.
Mine says:

Audio 1010
Nav 1005

The date fields are blank. When I check for updates, it says "The current software is up to date. It is not necessary to update."

The OP in this thread was at Audio 1028 and Nav 1025, which looks way passed my versions.

When I drove it home about 6 weeks ago, it asked me if I wanted to update and I clicked yes. I presumed it updated something.
Old 09-08-19, 03:42 PM
UKEE
Driver

Originally Posted by DavidZ
Mine says:

Audio 1010
Nav 1005

The date fields are blank. When I check for updates, it says "The current software is up to date. It is not necessary to update."

The OP in this thread was at Audio 1028 and Nav 1025, which looks way passed my versions.

When I drove it home about 6 weeks ago, it asked me if I wanted to update and I clicked yes. I presumed it updated something.
I downloaded the updates from here, placed on a USB stick and installed manually. Never tried to do it through the car.

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads
The following users liked this post:
DavidZ (09-10-19)
Old 09-08-19, 05:41 PM
jaygee1
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Will the dealership perform updates at the 5000 mile service?
Old 09-08-19, 06:21 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by UKEE
I downloaded the updates from here, placed on a USB stick and installed manually. Never tried to do it through the car.

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads
When I ask it to check for updates, why does my car tell me that my software is up to date if there are new updates available?

Quick Reply: Software Updated