ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Missing Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-19, 07:48 AM
AZSteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Missing Manual?

I recently bought a 2019 ES with the 8 inch display (not the 12 inch Nav), and I think I'm missing a manual. My question is, does every ES get delivered with the "NAVIGATION AND MULTIMEDIA SYTEMS MANUAL"? I've found a copy in .PDF online but I want the hard copy.

Bought the car through the AAA Car Buying service, so there's no dealer to go back to. But I'll ask AAA to make it right if I can get confirmation on this forum. Thanks.
Old 05-12-19, 08:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by AZSteve
I recently bought a 2019 ES with the 8 inch display (not the 12 inch Nav), and I think I'm missing a manual. My question is, does every ES get delivered with the "NAVIGATION AND MULTIMEDIA SYTEMS MANUAL"? I've found a copy in .PDF online but I want the hard copy.

Bought the car through the AAA Car Buying service, so there's no dealer to go back to. But I'll ask AAA to make it right if I can get confirmation on this forum. Thanks.
The NAV manual refers to both the 12 and 8 inch screens so I suspect you should have one as well. You can download a pdf and be done with it unless you truly need a hard copy.
Old 05-12-19, 10:21 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Triple A had to buy the car from a dealer. I'd find out from who and get myself a manual to go with the car or have them get you one. This happened to me when the salesman just forgot to hand it to me along with paperwork. I just went back and got one. I'd want a hard copy too...
Old 05-12-19, 01:22 PM
Hanky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The manual is called "Navigation And Multimedia System Owner's Manual" and should be included with all the other manuals that you've gotten.
Old 05-12-19, 05:51 PM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Triple A had to buy the car from a dealer. I'd find out from who and get myself a manual to go with the car or have them get you one. This happened to me when the salesman just forgot to hand it to me along with paperwork. I just went back and got one. I'd want a hard copy too...
Window sticker might tell you where it came from too.
Old 05-12-19, 06:25 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Window sticker might tell you where it came from too.
Hmmm. I didn't think of that. This is why two heads are better than one... Good idea...
Old 05-12-19, 08:55 PM
AZSteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all for your replies. I know where it came from - Newport (California) Lexus. AAA in Arizona gets their Lexus vehicles from California because AZ dealers apparently don't deal so much. It was delivered with the front license plate holder already installed, and Newport Lexus frames front and back. Being in AZ, I removed the front license plate holder before I drove it away.

I'll give AAA a chance to make it right first, but I hadn't thought of contacting the originating dealer. Thanks again...
Old 05-13-19, 03:58 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Being in AZ, I removed the front license plate holder before I drove it away.
Was the holder held on with clips?
Old 05-13-19, 09:47 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts
Talking

Thanks all for your replies. I know where it came from - Newport (California) Lexus. AAA in Arizona gets their Lexus vehicles from California because AZ dealers apparently don't deal so much. It was delivered with the front license plate holder already installed, and Newport Lexus frames front and back. Being in AZ, I removed the front license plate holder before I drove it away.

I'll give AAA a chance to make it right first, but I hadn't thought of contacting the originating dealer. Thanks again...

Newport is where I bought my car! Mine came with the manual and I also removed the front license plate. Even removed the rear paper plates which I think look hideous and put a Punisher plate. The same plate I had on for 3 years with my last vehicle and was only pulled over for it once but didn't receive a ticket. I will leave it on until I get a ticket, I doubt this new law will have a real impact on LEO's pulling me over for not having plates.

Old 05-13-19, 10:12 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Originally Posted by kalel2127
...even removed the rear paper plates which I think look hideous and put a Punisher plate. The same plate I had on for 3 years with my last vehicle and was only pulled over for it once but didn't receive a ticket. I will leave it on until I get a ticket, I doubt this new law will have a real impact on LEO's pulling me over for not having plates.
You only use a front CA plate?
Old 05-13-19, 10:30 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

No sir, just what you see in the picture.
Old 05-13-19, 10:40 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
You only use a front CA plate?
Originally Posted by kalel2127
No sir, just what you see in the picture.
Interesting concept, no plates.
Old 05-13-19, 11:02 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Cool plate - what state is that from
Old 05-13-19, 12:00 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

Gee, same plate as the Hummers in American Sniper...why didn't we think of that?
Old 05-13-19, 01:09 PM
kalel2127
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcomer
Gee, same plate as the Hummers in American Sniper...why didn't we think of that?
And there it is LOL, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made an American Sniper reference. I like comic books, not war thought my username might be a hint of that.

Quick Reply: Missing Manual?