Album art only displays in park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-22, 07:23 AM
DTCG
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Lexus lawyers probably determined they are not responsible for Crapple related issues like this. Do you truly need to see the album art while you are driving? This one is puzzling to me - sorry. So much so that this is a reason you do not like the car?
Everyone has an opinion on this, you must be one of the lawyers? That's like saying oh you love soup.... Do you truly need a spoon to eat that???? just drink it out of the bowl.... Spoons are dangerous. (I prefer drinking from the soup bowl, but that doesn't mean I want my spoon option taken away).
If "Crapple" is allowed in the car, I would think Lexus lawyers are just as responsible for that??? Why are they responsible for SiriusXM and not Crapple? Just wanted to make sure you were thinking that through properly

Last edited by DTCG; 09-16-22 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-04-22, 06:29 AM
pmuller
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
I don't know of any other manufactures that block album cover art, do you?
No! You save a channel list, but you don't know what channels you're saving, just the XM channel unless you memorize what's on every XM channel! Very frustrating....
Old 01-06-23, 04:31 PM
MissBoyce
1st Gear

Album artwork only showing when in park, that's pointless! I don't know how, but my Android Auto started showing album artwork from YT Music
Old 01-06-23, 05:47 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,374 Likes on 1,708 Posts

Originally Posted by DTCG
Everyone has an opinion on this, you must be one of the lawyers? That's like saying oh you love soup.... Do you truly need a spoon to eat that???? just drink it out of the bowl.... Spoons are dangerous. (I prefer drinking from the soup bowl, but that doesn't mean I want my spoon option taken away).
If "Crapple" is allowed in the car, I would think Lexus lawyers are just as responsible for that??? Why are they responsible for SiriusXM and not Crapple? Just wanted to make sure you were thinking that through properly
Yep I'm the lawyer that decided this. I agree what an awful inconvenience that i can't see the Abbey Road cover while I'm driving and listening to Come Together.
The following users liked this post:
RobertJay (01-09-23)
Old 01-16-23, 05:23 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 407 Likes on 274 Posts

There are much bigger fish to fry in life these days.
Just like you’re allowed to be annoyed at this person for wanting album artwork, he’s allowed to be annoyed at Lexus for the shortcoming. You’re both picking which fish you want to fry.

It’s not irrational to expect a lot from a luxury car, especially when the brand advertises the relentless pursuit of perfection.
Old 01-16-23, 05:41 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Just like you’re allowed to be annoyed at this person for wanting album artwork, he’s allowed to be annoyed at Lexus for the shortcoming. You’re both picking which fish you want to fry.

It’s not irrational to expect a lot from a luxury car, especially when the brand advertises the relentless pursuit of perfection.
They haven't advertsied that in many years. Perhaps you can't experience amazing sans album art😉
Old 01-17-23, 08:45 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 696 Likes on 510 Posts

They haven't advertsied that in many years. Perhaps you can't experience amazing sans album art😉
Yup. They definitely abandoned that tagline as it became clear they couldn’t comply. It probably became too expensive for entry-level luxury models. For the money, I still think Toyota and Lexus make excellent vehicles. We can nitpick features on every brand, probably even Bentley or Rolls.
Old 01-17-23, 09:24 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TechNut
Yup. They definitely abandoned that tagline as it became clear they couldn’t comply. It probably became too expensive for entry-level luxury models. For the money, I still think Toyota and Lexus make excellent vehicles. We can nitpick features on every brand, probably even Bentley or Rolls.
Totally agree - my wife's RX now has roughly 75K on the clock - my ES 56K both trouble free (so far). Brakes, tires, oil changes and a battery for the RX which was merely preventive after five years.
Old 01-17-23, 09:47 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 885 Likes on 556 Posts

Not to say that any Lexus is perfect. But I think the ditching of that tagline had less to do with Lexus confessing imperfection, and more to do with younger buyers being more interested in excitement than in just freedom from defects.
Old 01-17-23, 04:26 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 696 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Not to say that any Lexus is perfect. But I think the ditching of that tagline had less to do with Lexus confessing imperfection, and more to do with younger buyers being more interested in excitement than in just freedom from defects.
You could be right. It was just wild speculation on my part. I have seen cheaper materials in several areas since my first Lexus in 2004 and just surmised Lexus was trying to keep them affordable and thus needed to make a few compromises. Hard to guess what those marketing types were thinking.
Old 03-02-24, 11:07 AM
RXBuff
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I came here to determine if my 2020 RX had an issue and I found some legal BS about album art...huh and what the...fudge!?!

Hey Lexus, how 'bout the fricking map info. on that 12.3" display? The SUV's moving location can be displayed as I drive, along with a distracting verbal blow-by-blow of where I am, but a static album cover can't be displayed!?! Who, makes-up this illogical BS? Isn't there a way to circumvent such lunacy, with a Lexus service work-around, or by saying "I agree" to 43 pages of small-print disclaimers? Hey Lexus and the U.S. feds., (if you governmental idiots are involved) driving an auto isn't risk-free or safe! In fact, living isn't safe, it leads to death. Living involves making decisions and taking chances such as being a pedestrian on a busy street, or eating a hot dog and possibly choking.

I always get a kick out of speed being the reason for accidents. During a snow event, one always hears that speed was the reason for accidents. Well duh...of course it was! It isn't safe moving above walking speed on icy, snow covered roads. And even then, if walking, one could slip, fall and break a leg, or worse! But....duh....the government plows the roads, throws salt down and we have ice scrappers, seat heaters, defrosters, 4-wheel drive, snow tires and a Lexus supplied dashboard statement of roads may be icy! Why all of this, if driving isn't safe? Must we drive and be trusted not to kill ourselves and others!?! Whose fault is it, if we take our lives and others in our hands when we do choose to get in a train, plane or behind the wheel of an automobile -- us, the government, Lexus, auto workers, the tooth fairy...!?! Hey Lexus, give us an album cover picture and potential death if you do, just as you do when you allow us to start our car and engage its transmission.
Old 03-02-24, 11:30 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 885 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by RXBuff
I came here to determine if my 2020 RX had an issue and I found some legal BS about album art...huh and what the...fudge!?!
... Whose fault is it, if we take our lives and others in our hands when we do choose to get in a train, plane or behind the wheel of an automobile -- us, the government, Lexus, auto workers, the tooth fairy...!?! Hey Lexus, give us an album cover picture and potential death if you do, just as you do when you allow us to start our car and engage its transmission.
High-quality rant, and I mostly agree with it.
The following users liked this post:
scubapr (03-02-24)
Old 03-04-24, 12:57 PM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

$200 + 30 minutes = https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...on-device.html

It sucks this is the way it is, but.....that's the way it is.
Old 04-24-24, 08:21 AM
pmuller
4th Gear

Default "feature"

Why is no album art a "feature"?
Why is no album art a "feature"?