ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

SiriusXM channel issue revisted

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-18, 05:01 PM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default SiriusXM channel issue revisted

Thought I would start a new thread just to help clarify my question, really trying to understand why a system that literally say in their Documentation one of the most advanced audio systems in a vehicle. To paraphrase.
i’ll also attempted to illustrate with some pictures if I can post. Just wondering why on the presets page you can actually choose how many presents from 36 down to like six. But as they are stored the XM stations only displayed channel number no name. This is in The preset list. Not the actual channel information displayed on the main portion of the display. I could understand if they said there is not enough room to put that information but this simply is not true. Because as you can see if you go to the other page where it is shown by category the same size icon or tab , Tab does actually display the channel name. Unfortunately it takes several button presses just to get to this page and then only places them either in Channel order or genre order.

Channel name on right side

To me this is clearly a software programming oversight and a fixable issue. Its just does Lexus care to address it.

Last edited by ES63; 12-03-18 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 12-03-18, 07:52 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ES63
Thought I would start a new thread just to help clarify my question, really trying to understand why a system that literally say in their Documentation one of the most advanced audio systems in a vehicle. To paraphrase.
i’ll also attempted to illustrate with some pictures if I can post. Just wondering why on the presets page you can actually choose how many presents from 36 down to like six. But as they are stored the XM stations only displayed channel number no name. This is in The preset list. Not the actual channel information displayed on the main portion of the display. I could understand if they said there is not enough room to put that information but this simply is not true. Because as you can see if you go to the other page where it is shown by category the same size icon or tab , Tab does actually display the channel name. Unfortunately it takes several button presses just to get to this page and then only places them either in Channel order or genre order.

Channel name on right side

To me this is clearly a software programming oversight and a fixable issue. Its just does Lexus care to address it.
Just a guess but maybe it has to do with having to scan all the preset stations to get the names? Maybe that would just slow down the system too much?

Or maybe it's because the presets list is from all sources(XM, AM, FM) whereas the Station List appears to just be XM? What happens if you change your presets to only include XM stations? Remove the 102.5 FM (and any other FM or AM) you have in spot #2.

Just guessing. I really don't know. Personally I only listen to like 15 XM stations and I know what all of them are so I don't care that much but it would be nice.
Old 12-04-18, 11:12 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

New to the 2019 ES radio, all the XMSirius stations that you preset are being recorded (note the "clock" icon).
When you channel surf into an Satellite channel that you have a preset for and missed 1/2 a song or discussion
you can "rewind" and get back earlier material.
Old 12-05-18, 04:16 AM
ES63
Driver

Originally Posted by mcomer
New to the 2019 ES radio, all the XMSirius stations that you preset are being recorded (note the "clock" icon).
When you channel surf into an Satellite channel that you have a preset for and missed 1/2 a song or discussion
you can "rewind" and get back earlier material.
yes that is correct and works well. Its for up to 20 of the poss 36 presets.
By the way Thanks Jimv did try with out fm preset still same thing.
Additionaly , want to say there are many things i love about system as well as the info it provides on the HUD.
I also have become quite comfortable and even really like the touch pad and really find it easy and intuitive once you get used to using it.
There are plenty on s hort cut and buttons to get you quickly to the most used things. At least for me.

Last edited by ES63; 12-05-18 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-07-18, 05:19 PM
ES63
Driver

Ok really im not the XM /entertainment obsesser... or am I ?
Truly i love my new ES F Sport.
But noticed this too.
When in drive ... no cover art on the channels. Put in park ...Poof!! They appear. !
Are they afraid the cover art is so seductive it my deter our eyes from the road ?? Lol.
Not a biggie really , just made me laugh.

Shift into park

In Drive.