ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Something that annoys you or you love?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-19, 08:54 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ES63
+1 on the Beat Sonic, reached out to them they asked which year , but other than that have not had a response
They posted this on one of their YouTube videos that the system doesn't work on 2019 ES, but they're working on an updated version.

Old 01-02-19, 10:34 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
They posted this on one of their YouTube videos that the system doesn't work on 2019 ES, but they're working on an updated version.

Ha HA yes thats me , didnt see their reply !!
Old 01-02-19, 11:19 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
Talking of annoying, although minor. Why is there no Android Auto?
Lexus has stated "security concerns" with Android Auto. I'm not sure about the specific. Personally I'd only care about getting Android Auto if it works wirelessly. I don't want my phone to always have to be plugged in. Plus, I expect you can't use Android Auto for navigation and also use XM radio at the same time.
Old 01-03-19, 08:37 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,348 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Here's the only thing I find annoying about the new ES - I love it so much, I can't stop driving it Already 1,500 miles in first month or so.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
imz14u2nv (02-26-19), UKEE (08-28-19)
Old 01-03-19, 11:18 AM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm reading that both CarPlay and Android Auto are unable to keep the map updates, etc., refreshing fast enough over Bluetooth while streaming audio. Who knows.

A pundit, commenting on Bluetooth 5, said "My entire adult life, the NEXT version of Bluetooth is always going to be the one that works seamlessly..."

BUT.

CarPlay does allow XM with CarPlay navigation, I would think Android Auto would also. It's fiddly... select XM, start CarPlay, start Nav. Audio connects to CarPlay. Hit "Radio" button, you're back to XM. Go back to CarPlay, you have your Nav, all features such as text, phone, etc., with the XM audio.
Old 01-03-19, 11:25 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,219 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by jimv1983
Lexus has stated "security concerns" with Android Auto. I'm not sure about the specific. Personally I'd only care about getting Android Auto if it works wirelessly. I don't want my phone to always have to be plugged in. Plus, I expect you can't use Android Auto for navigation and also use XM radio at the same time.
Originally Posted by CashGap
I'm reading that both CarPlay and Android Auto are unable to keep the map updates, etc., refreshing fast enough over Bluetooth while streaming audio. Who knows.

A pundit, commenting on Bluetooth 5, said "My entire adult life, the NEXT version of Bluetooth is always going to be the one that works seamlessly..."

BUT.

CarPlay does allow XM with CarPlay navigation, I would think Android Auto would also. It's fiddly... select XM, start CarPlay, start Nav. Audio connects to CarPlay. Hit "Radio" button, you're back to XM. Go back to CarPlay, you have your Nav, all features such as text, phone, etc., with the XM audio.
Android Auto was the same was in the vette. You could select whatever source of audio you wanted, then open AA and the audio continued to play. If you wanted an audio source within AA, like Pandora, you'd have to press the Pandora button for it to stop the original audio source and start playing Pandora.
Old 01-07-19, 03:54 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Guys this is an Avalon based commuter car. Orange peel is par for the course. Even on BMWs. The only cars that don't have orange peel are higher end six-figure cars which are hand polished. Rolls Royce hand polishes their cars for example. Maybe even higher end Lexus models like the LS. That's man hours. Man hours you'd have to pay for in some way. Not on a $40k mass produced Lexus sold en masse.

As far as the "door alignment" issue. I'd venture a guess to say that's within spec. It may not necessarily be the door itself but the actual trim piece and the natural variation in size that can occur during manufacturing. It's trivial at best--nothing to complain about. I've bought three brand new Lexuses and they all have had similar "misalignments" with the trim as shown. Stuff like that is hardly perfect.

These are mass produced low-mid range premium cars. Lexus has a stringent QC process so I suspect whatever you found, Lexus OK'd as within spec. Just drive and enjoy them. They are not Ferraris.
Old 01-07-19, 03:57 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Originally Posted by abyat

Hi;
Here's a picture.
And please guys, if any of you has an email for Lexus' customer support in Japan, post it. Thanks.
That paint looks great to me. And i have an extremely excruciating eye for extreme nuanced detail.

If it bugs you that much you can have the whole car wet sanded and polished like a show car.

On something mass produced low to mid level, this is normal. Your paint is actually one of the nicer Lexus paint jobs I've seen. and yes I have analyzed in extreme detail the microstructure of the "orange peel" in your photo. I see what you are referring to. It actually looks great.

Manufacturing is tightly controlled and checked then triple checked. However your car was built, everyone else's car was built exactly the same way. Little chance for the computers to mess up on just yours.
Old 01-08-19, 10:12 AM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
Solution for door is remove plastic flap, get Sandisk Ultra fit flash drive (if you want something on usb) and get 90° usb cable with a low profile. Door closes fine.
Which 90 degree USB is that, I'm not finding it and it appears to be PERFECT.

THANKS
The following users liked this post:
MSterling (02-20-19)
Old 01-08-19, 11:31 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CashGap
Which 90 degree USB is that, I'm not finding it and it appears to be PERFECT. THANKS
newegg, high quality, reversible left or right, classy looking brushed metal housing.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2800a60a240613
User 41924 (03-20-19)
Old 01-09-19, 04:14 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

The picture I took looks like it could be right out of the official brochure.
hooplaa (04-11-20)
Old 01-14-19, 09:01 PM
Doc4629
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up camera

The back up camera really annoys me. The resolution is poor compared to other cars I own or have owned. For a luxury car you would think it would be much higher resolution. To top it off I’m not sure it it’s the placement or the camera itself, but it’s very poor at beading off water. It’s like the water sticks to the camera.

Left pic is the ES350 right is my XC90. Both cars driven in the same weather conditions.

Last edited by Doc4629; 01-17-19 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 01-15-19, 03:21 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
My '19 F Sport is two months old. This is the B pillar on the driver's side. Do you think it's worth mentioning this misalignment to Lexus on my first visit?

If the door is adjusted to appear better, do I risk changing other fit points on the driver's door?
It needs an adjustment,I would go to dealership and have them adjust it for you. That is unacceptable and not the Lexus way.
Old 01-15-19, 08:31 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,348 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc4629
The back up camera really annoys me. The resolution is poor compared to other cars I own or have owned. For a luxury car you would think it would be much higher resolution. To top it off I’m not sure it it’s the placement or the camera itself, but it’s very poor at beading off water. It’s like the water sticks to the camera.
I've noticed the water issue. The lens protrudes and that is the issue. On our RX, the lens is more protected from the elements.
Old 01-29-19, 01:58 PM
687Jim
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two things are annoying to me. First, the dash display is unreadable with sun shining directly on it.
The other thing involves phone pairing. My wife and both have iPhones. When she drives it, the car connects to her phone. When I drive it after her, the car does not switch back to my phone, even if she is not in the vicinity.

Quick Reply: Something that annoys you or you love?