ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Test Drive Frist Empressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-18, 10:37 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Sale manager is clueless...That manual is for the USA 2019 Lexus ES..No manual will list something that doesn't exist. But chances are, a manager who doesnt know the answer will just BS!! Don't believe it until YOU sit in all trims and none have it..
well I drove one and checked for it and it does not have it and I am sure he called LEXUS for me
I am going order the ultra package and would be surprised it it had it and would say wow SuperMido was right
I let you know in December when I get it and will see who was BSing
Philip

Last edited by pgiinc; 09-06-18 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-07-18, 12:42 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,059 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
I am a 2016 ES300h ultra luxury owner
when in today to test drive and order my new 2019 ES300H
test drive pros
1.very smooth and quite and a better ride and power was very good and smooth better I believe .I love a CVT it still has one and instant torque
test drive cons
1.the 12" screen show reflections bad so bad you cant see the screen that good I hated it I am sure it looks good at night but it needed a none glare screen
2.no were to put my iPhone plus to big its not going even fit in the wireless charging trey in with any kink of case on it
3. no usb in the glove box so if you going have to connect your phone to apple car play you will have to have the cord plugged in to the front usb and have the cover opened and then look at the cord and it wont be hidden very ulgy (why didn't they put wireless car play in this it is available in new after market units like Pioneer?)
4. head rest no longer adjust forward and back like my 2016 it is fixed . why?
5.driver drink holder no longer has a cover its open all the time to collect dirt and this area is no longer wood grain
6. back seat imo is not bigger its harder to get my feet in and out and you can tell your sitting on the battery your up higher and the battery box goes out pass the seat on the edge giving less foot room
7. coin holder is smaller I was hoping it would be big enough for a business card but this one is smaller
8. fog lights no longer available why? mine really light up the side of the road
9. front windshield seems square
10. closing driver door seemed to be something louse not solid passenger door did seem OK
11. Bamboo trim is no longer offered with chateau or parchment only offered with Flaxen
12. no longer the ultra package has passenger memory presets for front seat
13. loaded up the 2019 is 5k more then my 2016
14. Paddle shifters why?
The worse thing was the reflection on the 12.3 screen this was on sunny day and it did not matter if I was driving into the sun or away I could see myself and everything else in the reflection

I am rethinking the new purchase now hmmmmm I really love my current car and Nav screen is shaded with no reflections and the head rest supports my head I have it adjusted forward

Philip
2016 ES300h
2015 NX300h
Thanks for the heads up review. The things you mentioned are all important to me especially the bamboo accent. I thought they missed something on the web site when I was building one. The parchment seats with the chocolate brown seat trim and dash with the bamboo accents IMO make the car. Lexus just saved me some $$$$$.
Old 09-07-18, 02:21 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

My current 2016 Actually tri tone colors I liked it but the new one matches better
Originally Posted by Freds430
Thanks for the heads up review. The things you mentioned are all important to me especially the bamboo accent. I thought they missed something on the web site when I was building one. The parchment seats with the chocolate brown seat trim and dash with the bamboo accents IMO make the car. Lexus just saved me some $$$$$.
I ordered mine anyway Eminit white Flaxen/Bamboo UL with everything wont be here until DEC

This is what I picked Flaxen/Bamboo notice the head liner is not light color anymore

the chateau I don't like the dark trim and black dash with it

Last edited by pgiinc; 09-07-18 at 02:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-07-18)
Old 09-07-18, 05:07 PM
CJ455

ClubLexus Town Crier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brown leather looks amazing!
Old 09-24-18, 12:36 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

My current 2016 Actually tri tone colors I liked it but the new one matches better

I ordered mine anyway Eminit white Flaxen/Bamboo UL with everything wont be here until DEC

This is what I picked Flaxen/Bamboo notice the head liner is not light color anymore

the chateau I don't like the dark trim and black dash with it
At the last minute My wife said no to the Flaxen so I change the order its locked in as of 9/20 to the Chateau and dark mocha
I agreed with her and I feel better about he color contrast ext/int
might be December before this shows up after boat ride

Philip
Old 09-24-18, 01:25 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,353 Likes on 1,694 Posts

At the last minute My wife said no to the Flaxen so I change the order its locked in as of 9/20 to the Chateau and dark mocha
I agreed with her and I feel better about he color contrast ext/int
might be December before this shows up after boat ride

Philip
Good choice. Flaxen looks misplaced in a car interior.