ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Finally got an approximate date on my new 2019 ES350 UL

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-18, 06:38 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Also one of the nice things they included in the UL package is the rims, it's a feature that's only available in the UL and the Hybrid which is they have what I call a hollow circle inside the rim to absorb road noise. The one thing I'm not sure is included is the Qi wireless charger, on the Canadian Lexus website, it shows that it's included in the Luxury and the Ultra Luxury packages but it's not clear if it's the same in the US specs.
Old 08-26-18, 08:22 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Doody
Also one of the nice things they included in the UL package is the rims, it's a feature that's only available in the UL and the Hybrid which is they have what I call a hollow circle inside the rim to absorb road noise. The one thing I'm not sure is included is the Qi wireless charger, on the Canadian Lexus website, it shows that it's included in the Luxury and the Ultra Luxury packages but it's not clear if it's the same in the US specs.
I'm also excited about the noise reducing wheels. Anything that can tone down noise, vibrations, road feel, bumps, etc. Is a must have for me!!

According to the link below the wireless charger will be included on all ES models that have the Premium package and above..Take a look!

https://northparklexusatdominion.wordpress.com/2018/07/27/2019-lexus-es-pricing/
Old 08-26-18, 10:48 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight047
That's a cute perspective...
Found the car salesmen!

It might be cute but it's 100% true.

Lexus dealerships absolutely make a decent profit at a 10% msrp discount.
Old 08-26-18, 11:20 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

My dealer is advertising a sale on the 2018 ES in stock for $8000 off MSRP that's more than 20% in the low end models but you need to wait to the end of the model to get such a discount. What I'm trying to say is that the dealers percent is dependant on the time and the discount they get from Lexus Headquarter. To sum it up, regardless of what the dealer makes, if you can get 10% which is close to $5500 in my case in the first week of launching a new model then you are a legendary buyer that I've never heard of. One more thing I need to point out, Lexus dealer is a private business like me and there is a main concept here, if I can guarantee selling something for a certain amount of profit, why would I sacrifice part of that profit? I might go down a symbolic amount for a good customer but I will never give up my profit completely.
Old 08-26-18, 11:38 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,351 Likes on 697 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a USB drive in the center console for music? Our RX 350 has one in the center. I think it's a huge design flaw if you need to leave the cupholder lid open 100% of the time to have a USB drive plugged in for music. Makes no sense!
Old 08-26-18, 11:45 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by 95bat
Does anyone know if there is a USB drive in the center console for music? Our RX 350 has one in the center. I think it's a huge design flaw if you need to leave the cupholder lid open 100% of the time to have a USB drive plugged in for music. Makes no sense!
Yes. Its with the cup holder and has to stay open to use the USB drive..See Below

Note: the lighting in this picture makes everything look horrible. Its a lot prettier in other pics. But this is the one I could find that shows the cupholder with USB plugs.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 06:39 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Yes. Its with the cup holder and has to stay open to use the USB drive..See Below

Note: the lighting in this picture makes everything look horrible. Its a lot prettier in other pics. But this is the one I could find that shows the cupholder with USB plugs.
I saw a video review on YouTube that said there is a USB in the center console, but that it is for charging only. I'm hoping that they were wrong and that it could be used for USB loaded music.

The interior is so beautiful, why they'd put the USB somewhere forcing you to hide it just makes no sense... I really like what I've seen with the ES, but that USB placement is confusing.

Old 08-27-18, 06:32 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Actually I like this set up because they put a removable part in the cup holder to put the phone in and I've always been using a lightning retractable cable so having a phone holder right next to the USB for me is a great feature. In the meantime, there is a solution for leaving a USB flash drive that we just have to wait and see that it might work, here's the link:

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-27-18, 04:52 PM
95bat
Racer

Yeah, thin one might work. Some of those thin ones get extremely hot, have to be careful which one you're locking in an enclosed, unventilated space.
Old 08-28-18, 03:52 PM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 95bat
I saw a video review on YouTube that said there is a USB in the center console, but that it is for charging only. I'm hoping that they were wrong and that it could be used for USB loaded music.

The interior is so beautiful, why they'd put the USB somewhere forcing you to hide it just makes no sense... I really like what I've seen with the ES, but that USB placement is confusing.
The USB in the center console that is for charging only is in the back of the console next to a 12V plug but inside the console there is a 12V.
He will make the comment that inside the center console will interact with the infotainment system. If you go straight to 13:30 minutes you'll be at the part I mentioned.

Last edited by Doody; 08-28-18 at 03:59 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-28-18, 04:16 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by Doody
The USB in the center console that is for charging only is in the back of the console next to a 12V plug but inside the console there is a 12V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5q4Fk_T_1I
He will make the comment that inside the center console will interact with the infotainment system. If you go straight to 13:30 minutes you'll be at the part I mentioned.
Nice!!

Thank you for posting that video! I am so glad I can plug a USB in there and not have to use the front one all the time.
Old 08-28-18, 04:27 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 679 Likes on 505 Posts

They're in the dealers in IL. A family member looked at one today and is test driving it tomorrow.
Old 08-28-18, 04:52 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike728
They're in the dealers in IL. A family member looked at one today and is test driving it tomorrow.
Nice! Please don't forget to update with their driving impressions!!
Old 08-29-18, 03:27 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 679 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Nice! Please don't forget to update with their driving impressions!!
He thought the engine was too noisy under acceleration. He's now waiting for a 350, which will not have that issue. Sorry, that's all I got.
Old 08-29-18, 04:59 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
He thought the engine was too noisy under acceleration. He's now waiting for a 350, which will not have that issue. Sorry, that's all I got.
That's exactly how I felt during my test drive of the 300h.

For those who haven't already seen my comments regarding my 300h driving impression, they are in the thread below:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...er-soon-2.html

Quick Reply: Finally got an approximate date on my new 2019 ES350 UL