ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Finally got an approximate date on my new 2019 ES350 UL

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-18, 04:32 PM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Finally got an approximate date on my new 2019 ES350 UL

I'm so excited so I thought I would share the news with you guys. I visited my dealer today to finalize and picked my new 2019 ES350 from the first shipment he is getting and I was lucky enough to find the exact one I wanted with the exterior and interior color that I wanted. I'm posting the print out for anyone who's interested about what comes in the UL package. He said I should expect it on or before Sept 15th.

Last edited by Doody; 08-24-18 at 04:42 PM. Reason: More Info
The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-14-18)
Old 08-25-18, 12:37 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the info. Negotiated a price yet?
Old 08-25-18, 06:01 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

I didn't press hard on the price but he made the comment that he'll have to stick with the MSRP because of the new launch and the limited supply and I joked and said that because I'm their best customer or at least one of their best and that I bought over 20 lexus cars from them in the past 10 years that I have to have some kind of price reduction as a courtesy and he said OK, we'll get it down to $52'500 and I said we'll see about that when I pick it up and left it at this. But I expect to have more price reduction.
Old 08-25-18, 06:50 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Doody
...I bought over 20 lexus cars from them in the past 10 years ...
You go through 2 cars a year? Does that mean the ES will be for sale in 6 months?
Old 08-25-18, 07:45 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

LOL...I highly doubt it. The only 2 Lexus vehicles that I didn't keep and traded them within a few months were the 2013 LS460L and 2016 RX350. I could never get used to the way the spindle grill looked on those 2 vehicles.
Old 08-25-18, 09:53 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

I didn't press hard on the price but he made the comment that he'll have to stick with the MSRP because of the new launch and the limited supply and I joked and said that because I'm their best customer or at least one of their best and that I bought over 20 lexus cars from them in the past 10 years that I have to have some kind of price reduction as a courtesy and he said OK, we'll get it down to $52'500 and I said we'll see about that when I pick it up and left it at this. But I expect to have more price reduction.
First off, I would have insisted on an agreed upon price before I come and drive the car away. Second, $800.00 off list is not a very good price IMO. I have never paid list on any car including my 2013 Lexus ES which I also bought in the first week of September 2012. If I was the salesman I too would say "I'll stick with the MSRP"...
Old 08-25-18, 01:56 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
First off, I would have insisted on an agreed upon price before I come and drive the car away. Second, $800.00 off list is not a very good price IMO. I have never paid list on any car including my 2013 Lexus ES which I also bought in the first week of September 2012. If I was the salesman I too would say "I'll stick with the MSRP"...
Seriously. Aim for at least 7-10% off msrp. Believe me they make a decent profit off that price.
Old 08-25-18, 01:59 PM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

One of the most important lessons I learned in my life is not to negotiate anything until I have my check book out and ready to pay. Besides, when I'm ready to sign, I do not deal with a salesman, I deal with the owner of the dealership so, everyone just have a different way of doing business.
Old 08-25-18, 08:48 PM
yeskay
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats. Is the ultra luxury package has no cost associated ?
Old 08-25-18, 09:33 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by reposado2

Seriously. Aim for at least 7-10% off msrp. Believe me they make a decent profit off that price.
That's a cute perspective...
The following users liked this post:
Doody (08-26-18)
Old 08-25-18, 09:45 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Pricey, but looks like a very nice car coming up! Please keep us posted on updates.
Gotta pay to be the first. For some, that's perfectly fine. Congrats!
Old 08-26-18, 04:41 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yeskay
congrats. Is the ultra luxury package has no cost associated ?
Actually the Ultra Luxury is included in the price, it's just showing in the cost of the individual options.

I also wanted to point out something that not a lot of people don't pay attention to which is in the past, the difference in the UL package used to be mainly in the luxury items but surprisingly in the 2019 ES, Lexus added one of the best upgrades in performance to be included in the UL package which is the upgraded suspension, they added what they called performance dampeners which is a dual valve design for the shocks and struts that controls the flow of the oil inside and simply what it does is improve both comfort and performance. The ES has been always famous with the plush, soft and quiet ride which was great until you get into some rough roads and that was a big complaint from critics and owners. Lexus decided to add these performance dampeners to improve and eliminate this but it's only available in the UL package and the F-sport. When you add this to the new stronger platform and the V brace in the back behind the rear seat, it takes the stability and performance of the ES to a completely different level. I was lucky enough to get invited to experience the 2019 ES first hand last week. I had access to it in person as my dealer got one that would be used by some Lexus team to travel and show it to the different dealers in the surrounding states and let me say this, if you think the new ES looks good, wait until you see it in person, it will take your breath away inside and out.

Last edited by Doody; 08-26-18 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-26-18, 05:50 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Actually the Ultra Luxury is included in the price, it's just showing in the cost of the individual options.

I also wanted to point out something that not a lot of people don't pay attention to which is in the past, the difference in the UL package used to be mainly in the luxury items but surprisingly in the 2019 ES, Lexus added one of the best upgrades in performance to be included in the UL package which is the upgraded suspension, they added what they called performance dampeners which is a dual valve design for the shocks and struts that controls the flow of the oil inside and simply what it does is improve both comfort and performance. The ES has been always famous with the plush, soft and quiet ride which was great until you get into some rough roads and that was a big complaint from critics and owners. Lexus decided to add these performance dampeners to improve and eliminate this but it's only available in the UL package and the F-sport. When you add this to the new stronger platform and the V brace in the back behind the rear seat, it takes the stability and performance of the ES to a completely different level. I was lucky enough to get invited to experience the 2019 ES first hand last week. I had access to it in person as my dealer got one that would be used by some Lexus team to travel and show it to the different dealers in the surrounding states and let me say this, if you think the new ES looks good, wait until you see it in person, it will take your breath away inside and out.
Sorry, but you're completely wrong about what you think the performance dampers are...Its TRUE that UL is the only one that includes the performance dampers. BUT, what they are horizontal dampers that go at the front and rear end of the frame. They help make the car more stable in cornering. And reduce some vibrations.

Now, the dynamic shocks with the dual valve is STANDARD on all ES models (excluding F-Sport with AVS).

Please see this link with a technical review and more details!
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/06/06/the-2019-lexus-es-350-es-300h-a-technical-review/
Old 08-26-18, 06:06 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

You are absolutely right except that the UL is not the only one, the F-sport has them too, but I promise you that it made a huge difference. I really appreciate the correction and this is one of the things that I love about this forum. Thanks again.

Last edited by Doody; 08-26-18 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-26-18, 06:22 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You are absolutely right except that the UL is not the only one, the F-sport has them too, but I promise you that it made a huge difference. I really appreciate the correction and this is one of the things that I love about this forum. Thanks again.
Np. And yes true, F-Sport does include them as-well. I'm glad to hear they actually make a difference. And I can't wait till I get to test drive one. I'm definitely in for a regular ES350 with the UL package.

Quick Reply: Finally got an approximate date on my new 2019 ES350 UL