ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES300H CPO questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-24, 12:29 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ES300H CPO questions

Former GX owner currently with a 2013 Sequoia as a daily driver. My Sequoia has 156K trouble free miles and I still love everything about the vehicle, except the 15.3mpg average. I'm considering buying a second vehicle that gets much better mileage with some creature comforts. I know I'll have extra insurance and maintenance costs, but I need to truck for towing and other uses.

The ES300H seems to be a good fit. I live in an apartment, so EV's aren't the most convenient. There is a 2022 F-Sport at Spirit Lexus in St Louis that I've been watching online. https://www.spiritlexus.com/inventor...a1c18nu014366/

I'm interested in any thoughts about this specific example. The miles are a little high, but I'm driving a 156k vehicle, and the ESH platform should be reliable for a long time.

PS.....I'm a little ADD, and I've been going back and forth over a lot of options. I really need to get out and test drive some vehicles.
Old 05-09-24, 01:25 PM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 195 Likes on 120 Posts

I can't speak to the hybrid angle, but some advice on the CPO process: Don't use up your maintenance visits on oil changes! They say you get 2 years maintenance but that is really based on "average" mileage and in reality you only get a certain number of covered visits within that mileage. My mistake was going in every time my service light went on, when it was only due for an oil change. Had I used the smart part of my brain I could've paid attention to upcoming scheduled maintenance items like the much more expensive 60,000 mile that included spark plug change.
Old 05-09-24, 02:59 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I watched the ES market for a good 6 months and finally settled with a CPO 2020 ES 300H Luxury. Before that one, I had purchased, under 5 day return policy, a 2021 ES350 from a Mercedes dealer and it had all sorts of issues. Then I was about to pull the trigger on one from a Lexus dealer non CPO until at the last minute I spotted that the bumper had major alignment issues indicative of an accident. The CPO Lexus ES300H has had no major issues at all, and the price was actually better than the non-CPO'd ones! Albeit, the miles were 44k, so a bit higher than the other two. I really liked the CPO experience. I Just bring it in every 5k miles, which fortunately covers the 60k one. After that I will do my own maintenance.

As for the spirit Lexus one you linked, it looks fair enough. No Mark Levinson audio which is a whatever IMO (although I do appreciate mine), and no triple beam, which is also a whatever (although I like the way mine look).

Last edited by Jersey5974; 05-09-24 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-09-24, 06:35 PM
bullnobull
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sprocket
Former GX owner currently with a 2013 Sequoia as a daily driver. My Sequoia has 156K trouble free miles and I still love everything about the vehicle, except the 15.3mpg average. I'm considering buying a second vehicle that gets much better mileage with some creature comforts. I know I'll have extra insurance and maintenance costs, but I need to truck for towing and other uses.

The ES300H seems to be a good fit. I live in an apartment, so EV's aren't the most convenient. There is a 2022 F-Sport at Spirit Lexus in St Louis that I've been watching online. https://www.spiritlexus.com/inventor...a1c18nu014366/

I'm interested in any thoughts about this specific example. The miles are a little high, but I'm driving a 156k vehicle, and the ESH platform should be reliable for a long time.

PS.....I'm a little ADD, and I've been going back and forth over a lot of options. I really need to get out and test drive some vehicles.
30,000 is nothing for this car. Lexus pre-leased cars are usually good. Check service records and Carfax. I have a 2022 ES300h UL. and a 2018 ES300h premium. The 2018, at 47,000 miles more than doubles your mileage at 34+ MPG
The 2022 at 16,000 is 40+ MPG. I was never comfortable with the F-Sport, LOVE the UL, so test 'em out. I agree with others about oil changes. 30&60 etc. to dealer. I buy Mobile 1 and factory filter, go to a mechanic and pay $30..00, total about $63.00 every 7500 miles. CPO gives peace of mind and shows Dealer thinks it will not need work. Good Luck

Last edited by bullnobull; 05-09-24 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
xmlstarks (05-10-24)
Old 05-09-24, 07:44 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bullnobull
30,000 is nothing for this car. Lexus pre-leased cars are usually good. Check service records and Carfax. I have a 2022 ES300h UL. and a 2018 ES300h premium. The 2018, at 47,000 miles more than doubles your mileage at 34+ MPG
The 2022 at 16,000 is 40+ MPG. I was never comfortable with the F-Sport, LOVE the UL, so test 'em out. I agree with others about oil changes. 30&60 etc. to dealer. I buy Mobile 1 and factory filter, go to a mechanic and pay $30..00, total about $63.00 every 7500 miles. CPO gives peace of mind and shows Dealer thinks it will not need work. Good Luck
Curious what you weren't comfortable with regarding the F-Sport. Also, I've seen quite a few with below average miles. This one at 30k is average to me. Between the remainder of the factory plus CPO warranty, I'm not concerned about buying one with 30k.
Old 05-09-24, 07:48 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

f-sport has bucket style seating, so at first it seems like if you're wider it's not very comfortable, but once you get used to it it's very comfortable. I still prefer my 14 way luxury seating though because vertical lumbar and thigh cushion trumps bucket style.

What I want to know is why people are suggesting to not use the CPO 4 free schedules on the low cost intervals. We don't have a choice. The free schedules are only available for every 5k miles (or 2 years). Unless service departments will honor it if you skip an interval, and you drive a ton of miles?
Old 05-10-24, 01:17 AM
bullnobull
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

(Curious what you weren't comfortable with regarding the F-Sport. Also, I've seen quite a few with below average miles. This one at 30k is average to me. Between the remainder of the factory plus CPO warranty, I'm not concerned about buying one with 30k).

Never cared for sport in a luxury comfort car. For me sports seats never comfortable. I like my Matador Red UL with Shiny Trim/Palomino Leather. I did update ML stereo speakers, F sport Foot pedals, Ceramic tinted all windows, including clear ceramic windshield, Cameras front and rear,
On the 2018.I only had 2 free services. The service tech suggested waiting for the bigger service. Worked out good.for me.
Find one you like, Enjoy

Last edited by bullnobull; 05-10-24 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-10-24, 04:40 AM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Thanks for the input. I've been procrastinating on visiting a local dealer to check them out. It's one of my least favorite places to go.
xmlstarks (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 04:41 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 885 Likes on 671 Posts

Maybe a bit high for an F sport model without options and the mileage.
bullnobull (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 09:10 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I love my 2024 F Sport. I do have the Levinson system and the triple beams because I like how they look but I paid $20k out the door more than you will for this car. They will probably cut you a good deal on it if you haggle a bit. Don't worry about the seats. I'm a big guy and both my wife and I have back issues. The F Sport has become our road trip car it's so comfortable and we leave her 2020 GMC Denali at home. The adjustable shocks are fun when you are on twisty roads. Good luck!
Old 05-10-24, 09:37 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,729 Posts

Originally Posted by FastDawg
I love my 2024 F Sport. I do have the Levinson system and the triple beams because I like how they look but I paid $20k out the door more than you will for this car. They will probably cut you a good deal on it if you haggle a bit. Don't worry about the seats. I'm a big guy and both my wife and I have back issues. The F Sport has become our road trip car it's so comfortable and we leave her 2020 GMC Denali at home. The adjustable shocks are fun when you are on twisty roads. Good luck!
Yeah I agree the FSport seats are super comfy - and I know the ones in the RX last gen which you may read about were horrible but these are very different. ML and triple beams - I have them as well and they're no deal breakers.
Old 05-10-24, 12:09 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FastDawg
You mentioned adjustable shocks. Is this on the F-Sport Handling model? The one at Spirit is just F-Sport design if I recall
Old 05-10-24, 12:38 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,729 Posts

You mentioned adjustable shocks. Is this on the F-Sport Handling model? The one at Spirit is just F-Sport design if I recall
In that case, it is equipped sans AVS. That's how I intentionally bought mine concerned about the replacement cost.
Old 05-10-24, 03:22 PM
xmlstarks
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a luxury vehicle NOT a sports car. If you want a sports car obtain a Lexus IS 350 F SPORT. Otherwise, find a 2022 or 2023 ES300h Luxury or Ultra Luxury Trim CPO, if you can find one. I have a 2023 ES300h Ultra Luxury with additional options and dealer add-ons (obtained in April 2023). Oh, and I paid less than M.S.R.P., my wife is a great negotiator. LOL
Old 05-11-24, 03:56 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Correct. My F Sport is the Handling model.

Quick Reply: ES300H CPO questions