Instructions to Disable Seatbealt Warning Sound ES350 2023

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-23, 12:29 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Instructions to Disable Seatbealt Warning Sound ES350 2023

Hi all,

Does anyone know the instructions to disable the seatbelt warning chime in the Lexus es 2023? I've tried to follow instructions on YouTube but those do not work on the new cars.
Appreciate it.
Old 04-11-23, 07:00 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 407 Likes on 274 Posts

You’ll need something like Carista, or a Techstream cable and a one day subscription to TIS software.

Here’s Carista
https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/lexus/es/7th-gen

Consider becoming a registered organ donor while you wait for your adapter or cable to come in the mail. Also consider picking up the tab for the whole table when you go out to eat with friends in the future, because those of us who wear belts are subsidizing the insurance and healthcare costs of people who refuse to wear them. Maybe also speak with a financial advisor and attorney to get your affairs in order if you have dependents or family. You’ll definitely want a trusted person to have a copy of your important logins and passwords as well.
The following users liked this post:
landonm86 (04-20-23)
Old 04-11-23, 07:25 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

See your dealer - they can disable the buzzer for any of the five positions while still having the warning light come on at 12 mph.

I had mine changed before I even took delivery last month and you are not likely to find a stronger seat belt advocate than me - 67 years.

Dave Mac
Old 04-11-23, 08:45 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Smile

Originally Posted by BBQapple
You’ll need something like Carista, or a Techstream cable and a one day subscription to TIS software.

Here’s Carista
https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/lexus/es/7th-gen

Consider becoming a registered organ donor while you wait for your adapter or cable to come in the mail. Also consider picking up the tab for the whole table when you go out to eat with friends in the future because those of us who wear belts are subsidizing the insurance and healthcare costs of people who refuse to wear them. Maybe also speak with a financial advisor and attorney to get your affairs in order if you have dependents or family. You’ll definitely want a trusted person to have a copy of your important logins and passwords as well.

Thanks for such a humorous and a clear answer. I always wear the seatbelt but the warning of Lexus is plain ugly. If I can't change it, at least make it shut up!! Appreciate it.
PS: unrelated, I do have my own life insurance but sadly I must go in the next few years to get paid; my wife does not know this clause ))
The following users liked this post:
F3Woody (04-11-23)
Old 04-11-23, 08:45 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
See your dealer - they can disable the buzzer for any of the five positions while still having the warning light come on at 12 mph.

I had mine changed before I even took delivery last month and you are not likely to find a stronger seat belt advocate than me - 67 years.

Dave Mac
I'll ask them tomorrow but I know them. They won't do nothing
Old 04-11-23, 10:15 AM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What BBQapple said. You can disable it with Carista OBD. You can also add other features such as opening all the windows with your remote, etc. Worth it even for 1 month trial and cancelling it after.
Old 04-11-23, 04:32 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
Hi all,

Does anyone know the instructions to disable the seatbelt warning chime in the Lexus es 2023? I've tried to follow instructions on YouTube but those do not work on the new cars.
Appreciate it.

i have a clip that you add to your seatbelt for like $8 shipped
best part I got for my car and it’s removeable.
pm if interested
Old 04-11-23, 08:33 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Lesley248
What BBQapple said. You can disable it with Carista OBD. You can also add other features such as opening all the windows with your remote, etc. Worth it even for 1 month trial and cancelling it after.
I saw all the features. There is really not much of needed customization except turning off the annoying beep. I'll try the natural route by asking lexus here but if they don't I'll get it done this way. I would have jumped on this if you could edit the sounds
Old 04-12-23, 06:23 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

I see you are in Dubai so do not know if same options are even available as here in US. But here anytime within the first 10K miles a customizing is done free 1 time. If your dealer won't do it find another dealer that will as you can go to any dealer. There are numerous reasons to disable the audible warning and most are not related to wearing a seat belt. Try putting a cooler on back seat is an example. Also using techstream generaly the software comes with it and there is no monthly fee. One option I found I had to try different settings was the turn signal flashes and ended up with 6.
Old 04-12-23, 09:11 AM
BlainePDX
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Is there a way to set it to a less aggressive mode? Our house is half a block from the post office box so we often pick up mail on the way in. With our old car we didn't need to bother putting on the seatbelt for the ten second drive, but with the Lexus by the time we get to the house it's screaming at us.
Old 04-12-23, 09:45 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,374 Likes on 1,708 Posts

I know someone who was killed taking a three minute drive from his home sans seatbelt when he was t-boned. Just saying.
Old 04-12-23, 09:52 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 407 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
i have a clip that you add to your seatbelt for like $8 shipped
best part I got for my car and it’s removeable.
pm if interested
That clip will become Exhibit A in the lawsuit of Huge Auto Insurance Company v MrBungle if you get in an accident and are injured or injure someone else.
Old 04-19-23, 02:27 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by alextv
I see you are in Dubai so do not know if same options are even available as here in US. But here anytime within the first 10K miles a customizing is done free 1 time. If your dealer won't do it find another dealer that will as you can go to any dealer. There are numerous reasons to disable the audible warning and most are not related to wearing a seat belt. Try putting a cooler on back seat is an example. Also using techstream generaly the software comes with it and there is no monthly fee. One option I found I had to try different settings was the turn signal flashes and ended up with 6.
Lexus over here in UAE does not entertain such requirements. The fact that they sold the car to you is a big deal. Which one is better techstream or carista. I'm a bit confused here
Old 04-19-23, 08:29 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

I purchased Techstream; let's hope it installs right. Are there any tutorials on how to make the modifications? I've checked but the videos are slightly dated.