Search this Thread

Old 10-17-18, 01:49 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Default No more Pandora, OpenTable, or Facebook Places

I received this in the email yesterday:

Dear Lexus Guest,

Thank you for being a Lexus Enform App Suite customer.

As technology and markets change, third party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On or around November 13th, 2018 a multimedia system update will appear on your vehicle display. After completion, Pandora®, OpenTable®, and Facebook Places will no longer be available in Lexus Enform App Suite, as these products and services will no longer be supported by the third party application providers.

In your Lexus, you can still enjoy Pandora® and other popular music applications via Bluetooth or USB connection. For your device’s compatibility and pairing instructions, please visit Lexus Mobile Link or Bluetooth FAQs. For additional inquires regarding Lexus Enform App Suite changes, click here.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact the Lexus Guest Experience Center at 1-800-255-3987 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, or Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform Guest Support

I know some folks use Pandora, but OpenTable just seems silly to do in your car. 10x faster on your phone or whatever. Anyway...this is how technology rolls!
Old 10-17-18, 02:34 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,238 Likes on 870 Posts

Yeah, I would agree with you. I never used any one of those apps...
Old 10-17-18, 02:47 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

I was upset about Pandora. It's the only app I used. I just transferred it back to Slacker. I actually like it better and it's cheaper.
Old 10-17-18, 07:01 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Kijug
On ... November 13th, 2018 a multimedia system update will appear .... After completion, Pandora ... will no longer be available.

...as these products and services will no longer be supported by the third party application providers.
I do not see the logic. If Lexus update breaks the app - how is this the third party fault???

To me Pandora was the only app I used (I have a paid subscription). Lexus has never updated or fixed it. It was often failing to start (requiring relaunch of the enform software on my phone, same behavior on two different phones). It still had the 6-song skip limit although Pandora got away from using it on all their own apps.

And now it goes away completely. Needless to say I am pissed.
Old 10-18-18, 05:09 AM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Pandora is the only one I use too, guess I'll try to set up the blue-tooth streaming option.
Old 11-13-18, 08:59 AM
StevenTodd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got the Enform app update today. What a pathetic app. Pandora gone and only two music apps - IHeart and Slacker. I don't know why Lexus just did not do away with the app. Went ahead and uninstalled it. Like others I will have to download the Pandora and Slacker apps and use Bluetooth to play them.
Old 11-13-18, 05:39 PM
GES
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenTodd
I just got the Enform app update today. What a pathetic app. Pandora gone and only two music apps - IHeart and Slacker. I don't know why Lexus just did not do away with the app. Went ahead and uninstalled it. Like others I will have to download the Pandora and Slacker apps and use Bluetooth to play them.

Playing music through Bluetooth works pretty well, I don't think you will miss much.
Old 11-13-18, 06:21 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

The problem with third party apps is that API or business process changes can brick functionality. If you're a Windows Phone user, you probably feel this every day. That's why I prefer car infotainment systems being simple pass-through devices that use an external data source like a smartphone - it's easier to upgrade your phone or download new apps than to get a new car.
Old 11-15-18, 01:54 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do miss Pandora thru my app and have called Lexus to complain. You can still do that by calling 800-255-3987. While I do understand you could get this via BT, it was nice to be able to navigate playlists thru the app and not having to reach for your phone. IMO Lexus Enform has been the most crippled app as the updates rolled on. As of right now there is nothing of value left on this app.
Old 11-15-18, 02:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakMan
As of right now there is nothing of value left on this app.
The Destination Search app is one that I consider to be especially valuable. It allows for better destination searches for the navigation system. It uses a more up-to-date data base to search for destinations than what is on the SD card in the car, and it works much better with voice commands than does the car's voice command system. Anyone who is not using the Destination Search app is not getting the most out of the capabilities of the ES navigation system.

While I can understand why some might not be happy about the loss of apps like the Pandora app, the Destination Search app makes me disagree with saying that "there is nothing of value" left on the Enform App Suite.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (11-15-18)
Old 11-15-18, 02:11 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakMan
I do miss Pandora thru my app and have called Lexus to complain. You can still do that by calling 800-255-3987. While I do understand you could get this via BT, it was nice to be able to navigate playlists thru the app and not having to reach for your phone. IMO Lexus Enform has been the most crippled app as the updates rolled on. As of right now there is nothing of value left on this app.
Have you tried Slacker? It works the same as Pandora and is cheaper. It will probably be the next to go, but for now it's still there!