ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-18, 05:15 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Congratulations danj and Albo!
Old 04-06-18, 07:40 PM
thekopp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Week

Hey everyone!! I purchased a L-Certified 2016 ES 350 last week with 17k on the dial, black on black. First Lexus for me. I've been loving it immensely so far -as it's a great upgrade from my last car (2006 Subaru Impreza). It took me a while to find this specific car with all the options that I was wanting (the year, the color, rims, adaptive cruise control, lane/steering assist, BSM, park assist, heated/ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, panoramic sun roof). It also got the navigation & some other stuff too, that wasn't mandatory for me. I would have liked to get one with the motorized trunk & the rear sun shade, but I can live without that for now. I got 90%+ of what I was wanting, so I'm happy.

Main thing I was looking for was a quiet ride that is dependable. I subscribed to Consumer Reports for more research & all roads seem to point to Lexus. And thus far, I am not disappointed!! I'm very happy with my decision!!

This site & forum seems to be the #1 "go to" for great info on Lexus. Looks like lots of smart people on here with a good knowledge data base. I've been learning a lot over the past week, reading through previous posts on various topics. Already got some good ideas on some mods I want to do.

Anyways, here is a pic of my car:
Old 04-07-18, 06:23 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 679 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by thekopp
Hey everyone!! I purchased a L-Certified 2016 ES 350 last week with 17k on the dial, black on black. First Lexus for me. I've been loving it immensely so far -as it's a great upgrade from my last car (2006 Subaru Impreza). It took me a while to find this specific car with all the options that I was wanting (the year, the color, rims, adaptive cruise control, lane/steering assist, BSM, park assist, heated/ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, panoramic sun roof). It also got the navigation & some other stuff too, that wasn't mandatory for me. I would have liked to get one with the motorized trunk & the rear sun shade, but I can live without that for now. I got 90%+ of what I was wanting, so I'm happy.

Main thing I was looking for was a quiet ride that is dependable. I subscribed to Consumer Reports for more research & all roads seem to point to Lexus. And thus far, I am not disappointed!! I'm very happy with my decision!!

This site & forum seems to be the #1 "go to" for great info on Lexus. Looks like lots of smart people on here with a good knowledge data base. I've been learning a lot over the past week, reading through previous posts on various topics. Already got some good ideas on some mods I want to do.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! It looks great!
Old 04-07-18, 10:18 AM
jollick
Racer

thekopp, Congratulations!
Old 04-09-18, 05:52 PM
djlehman
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone! So glad I found this group.

I just picked up on Saturday an L-Certified 2016 ES 350 in Nightfall Mica with Premium Nav package loaded with ALL the driver safety features. Interior is a light tan leather with brown console and wood grain accents. Only 6,700 on the odometer. I bought the ADDITIONAL 2 years extended warranty which extends my warranty till June 2024 with unlimited miles which is good since I drive roughly 30,000+ miles per year. I plan to enjoy the heck out of this car, so my first plan is to do a modest upgrade to the stereo (speakers only).
​​​​​
Old 04-09-18, 10:56 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks Mike & jollik
Old 04-10-18, 09:30 AM
jollick
Racer

Congratulations djlehman
Old 04-11-18, 12:19 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thekopp

Congratulations!!!! This is awesome
Old 04-11-18, 12:20 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by djlehman
Hi everyone! So glad I found this group.

I just picked up on Saturday an L-Certified 2016 ES 350 in Nightfall Mica with Premium Nav package loaded with ALL the driver safety features. Interior is a light tan leather with brown console and wood grain accents. Only 6,700 on the odometer. I bought the ADDITIONAL 2 years extended warranty which extends my warranty till June 2024 with unlimited miles which is good since I drive roughly 30,000+ miles per year. I plan to enjoy the heck out of this car, so my first plan is to do a modest upgrade to the stereo (speakers only).
​​​​​
Beautiful, exotic and fresh!!!!!!
Old 04-13-18, 12:01 PM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

New to the boards - picked up my 17 es300h executive last year.

Came from a lengthy list of bimmer/audi entries, so this is quite a change, but am loving it.

So far, only tints and 19" Fast rims installed. Waiting for someone to produce some springs to decrease the wheelgap.

Anyhow, will continue to read through the older posts on mod choices...
Old 04-13-18, 02:43 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jamestpc
New to the boards - picked up my 17 es300h executive last year.

Came from a lengthy list of bimmer/audi entries, so this is quite a change, but am loving it.

So far, only tints and 19" Fast rims installed. Waiting for someone to produce some springs to decrease the wheelgap.

Anyhow, will continue to read through the older posts on mod choices...
welcome! Throw up some pics!
Old 04-14-18, 08:46 PM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Can’t wait for springs to be developed
Originally Posted by Albo
welcome! Throw up some pics!
oh yea!
Old 04-14-18, 09:10 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jamestpc

Can’t wait for springs to be developed

oh yea!
very nice man, can't wait to follow along with your mod journey. Keep us posted
Old 04-16-18, 06:08 AM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Albo
very nice man, can't wait to follow along with your mod journey. Keep us posted

So i come from the old tuner world (back in the late 90's)...so things were pretty easy and standard to do - Intake, exhaust, headers, springs/shocks, tires/rims, ICE, suspension tightening, steering wheel...all that stuff.

What mods do people do on the ESh?

Radio - nada, exhaust (on a hybrid, lol), and all those other bits really don't work. Its a lux cruiser to me so really, beyond springs i'm not sure where else to go...
Old 04-30-18, 09:39 AM
ALL4SPL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I finally pulled the trigger this weekend, got this 2017 ES 350 with 18k miles on it, plenty of warranty left and its certified as well. Tinted the windows yesterday, and the only other plans are 18s or 19s and upgrades to the speakers, a DSP and a couple of 10s. Very mild audio upgrade considering my past.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!