ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

AC issues driver side only issue 07 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-19, 11:40 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default AC issues driver side only issue 07 ES350

Hi guys hope eveyrone is doing well on this sunday.
I was in las vegas last week and i always realized i had some issues where the ac would be a bit colder on the passenger side and the rear vents then on the driver side when im just sitting at traffic lights or stopped usualy wheni get moving it will get a bit colder and when on the higher it gets really nice ac cold. however i never noticed it blow look warm when stopped before untill i was in vegas this past week and it was 100 outside the only time it would get cold at all on the driver side was when moving
does anyone have any ideas they could give me that would be the cause of this
is it just that the freon might be low or do i have a issue with major ac components ?
Old 06-09-19, 02:15 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I would check the freon 1st and see if it is at the right pressure. If it is OK then you might be having a problem with the mixing valve which directs the air flow to either side of the car and controls the AC vs. heat . If this is the case it would most likely be a dealer fix.
Old 06-09-19, 03:09 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

ok thank i will check this and see if its a freon issues can you tell me what the right pressure needed would be for the 07 ES350 ac unit ?
and if that is not the issues than when oyou said mixing valve is this on one of those parts thats like the blend doors or something that the dash would have to come out for very exspensive repair if that might be the issues ?
Old 06-09-19, 03:49 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
ok thank i will check this and see if its a freon issues can you tell me what the right pressure needed would be for the 07 ES350 ac unit ?
and if that is not the issues than when oyou said mixing valve is this on one of those parts thats like the blend doors or something that the dash would have to come out for very exspensive repair if that might be the issues ?
Mixing valve or blend door is pretty much the same and is in the AC/Heat duct . Don't know if you would need to pull the dash but they would have to get in there maybe from underneath . As far a AC pressures you can just look on line for normal pressure ranges . Lexus is no different than any other AC system. Here is a litt reading on the topic. http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/257
Old 07-03-19, 08:36 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

yesterday i took it in for refresh atleast thats what the dealership called it it was not lexus it was another dealer that had a promo free refresh up to 2lbs of freon and they also add the dye to it so that if it is leaking they can find it
so now its even worst now it warms down on both side driver and passenger side when im stopped and the outside time is like 75 or higher
did they just not add enough freon or is something else going on ? the second i start driving it starts to cool down the hotter it is outside sometimes the longer it takes to get to ice cold but eventualy it does get there
Old 07-03-19, 11:00 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

yesterday i took it in for refresh atleast thats what the dealership called it it was not lexus it was another dealer that had a promo free refresh up to 2lbs of freon and they also add the dye to it so that if it is leaking they can find it
so now its even worst now it warms down on both side driver and passenger side when im stopped and the outside time is like 75 or higher
did they just not add enough freon or is something else going on ? the second i start driving it starts to cool down the hotter it is outside sometimes the longer it takes to get to ice cold but eventualy it does get there
do and experiment, take a huge fan and put it in front of the car while parked and see if its cool then. If it cool then take it away and see what happens.
They Also could of just not filled it right.
Old 07-03-19, 12:13 PM
jagtoes
Racer

OK assuming you read the web page I listed you were armed with enough info to ask the dealer the correct questions. That being the case what did they tell you were the low and high port pressures both before and after they gave the charge. This would verify if the system was fully charged and now would point to something in the AC system other then freon charge. You now most likely will need to go to a Lexus dealer to have them sort it out. May be simple but expect to pay.
Old 07-10-19, 06:29 PM
Riick
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I (strongly) suspect they over-filled the system. Overfilled system worse than one that's has a too low charge.
BTW.. the number of recent cars that can use 2lbs of R134a is between Zero and None.
Got to a shop that *specializes* in A/C repairs, and have them check the system out; no need to go to Lexis, unless you need some REALLY expensive "free" lattes.
Good Luck !
Old 07-13-19, 10:00 AM
mojo08m
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have a leaking evaporator core. It is a very common problem on 07-09 ES350s. Replacing it is quite the project and I would be more comfortable with the Lexus dealer replacing it than just some random shop if it were my car. I probably wouldn't take it back to the place that did the a/c refresh.