ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Thoughts on this 2007 Lexus ES 350 for sale that I am looking to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 12:38 PM
jagsfan05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 2007 Lexus ES 350 for sale that I am looking to purchase?

http://carsofnashvilletn.com/2007-Le...9/Details.aspx

I test drove it today and it seemed nice. My only concern is the high mileage and the recall issue with the airbag that needs to be fixed. But they mentioned if you take it into a Lexus dealership they would do it for free.

Other than that, what do you think overall? Worth more to look into? If so, I might take it into a local mechanic for a spot check.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-17, 05:58 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks nice and clean but I just bought a certified 2010 at 88k miles can hear suspension sounds, I wonder what would be the situation at double the miles, I would spend few grand more and find something close to 100. Good luck.
Old 08-25-17, 03:45 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jagsfan05
http://carsofnashvilletn.com/2007-Le...9/Details.aspx

I test drove it today and it seemed nice. My only concern is the high mileage and the recall issue with the airbag that needs to be fixed. But they mentioned if you take it into a Lexus dealership they would do it for free.

Other than that, what do you think overall? Worth more to look into? If so, I might take it into a local mechanic for a spot check.

Thanks.
looks nice but I wouldn't pay more than about $4K for it. Most of these used vehicles are usually marked up at least $3900 from what they paid the franchise dealer for it. But, they may hav bought it from auction but they still didn't pay more than about $3K for it. Something with this many miles is usually a retail dealers trade that they wholesale out to a small independent dealer. If you really want it negotiate a price before getting it checked out. As far as the recall, this one may or may not be involved in it. You can get the vin and either ask a Lexus dealer or call Lexus customer service to confirm one way or another. My 2010 isn't part of the recall.
Old 08-25-17, 09:55 AM
jagsfan05
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for your responses....maybe it is too high of a price for the high mileage. Just depressed...currently without employment or a vehicle. So I can't necessary just take out a loan for a vehicle and have to pay out of pocket...hence why I was looking in this price range. Just feel like I'm not going to find anything and get out of this hole
Old 08-26-17, 02:56 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jagsfan05
Thanks guys for your responses....maybe it is too high of a price for the high mileage. Just depressed...currently without employment or a vehicle. So I can't necessary just take out a loan for a vehicle and have to pay out of pocket...hence why I was looking in this price range. Just feel like I'm not going to find anything and get out of this hole
Really sorry to hear that but I've often found good things sometimes come when least expected. In this case I hope so.
Old 08-30-17, 02:22 PM
jagsfan05
Driver School Candidate

Just an update...I called the dealership back to see if they had the original maintenance records from the previous car owner and if they would be willing to come down on the price a little bit. If they would, then I would be more open to taking it to a local mechanic to check it out. They didn't have the previous maintenance records and she said all she had was the Carfax. And she mentioned that they aren't willing to come down on the price anymore. She said they have already brought it down from $7,000. As you can see from the listing on CarGuru: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d917&zip=37209#listing=178506493

Just frustrated....not willing to pay that price for that high of mileage I don't think. Just don't know what to do from here.

Also, just curious. On another forum, someone said because this car model is a 2007 and over 10 years old, the re-call is no longer outstanding and it is a repair that I would need to pay for? But both the car dealer and the customer service rep from the Lexus phone line told me that the recall would be free even with this 2007 model if I brought it into a Lexus dealer? Confused...who is right?

Last edited by jagsfan05; 08-30-17 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-31-17, 05:39 AM
tolian21
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 134 Posts

Maintenance records on 10-11 year old car. Its funny. When the car is that old, if you like it and price is good you buy it. The market supply of 2007 es350 is not exacly abundunt for you to have tons of choices to pick and chose the ones with perfect maintance record at low price. The car is 10 year old, the risk of mechanical breakdown is high no matter what service records it had. If you dont like it, move on
Old 08-31-17, 05:45 AM
tolian21
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by lgb0250
Really sorry to hear that but I've often found good things sometimes come when least expected. In this case I hope so.
sorry to hear about your job situation. It would be better for you to look at used Honda/Toyota in this price range. It will be newer at your price range, hence less chance for expensive repairs.
Old 08-31-17, 06:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by tolian21
sorry to hear about your job situation. It would be better for you to look at used Honda/Toyota in this price range. It will be newer at your price range, hence less chance for expensive repairs.
I agree. For the same $5k;$7k you'll get a newer car with WAY fewer miles and the advantages that come with it.
Old 08-31-17, 08:56 AM
jagsfan05
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all but again can I get a reply to this question? Just for future reference.

Also, just curious. On another forum, someone said because this car model is a 2007 and over 10 years old, the re-call is no longer outstanding and it is a repair that I would need to pay for? But both the car dealer and the customer service rep from the Lexus phone line told me that the recall would be free even with this 2007 model if I brought it into a Lexus dealer? Confused...who is right?
Old 08-31-17, 12:01 PM
bucfan22
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The airbag recall will be covered at dealer as it is a safety issue. If this car VVTi line and dash board problem have not yet done by recalled then i dont think dealer will take care of it as of now.
Check your craigslist for those used car, i have seen many with 140K miles for sale with asking price around 5-7K, at least you don't have to pay tax on it.
Old 08-31-17, 01:54 PM
kodavis
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not quite sure why you think the price of this vehicle is too high. According to Car Gurus it's already $1,687 below market value so I can see why the dealership isn't budging! I think that it's a very fair price. You have to remember that this is a Lexus which has a reputation of quality and reliability. Therefore, the resale value is high and that's a good thing. Wouldn't you want to get a fair price if you were on the selling end?

As for the airbag, it will definitely be covered by Lexus free of charge. I don't know about your dealership but mine fills up the gas tank for you when you have recalls completed so make sure to bring it in on an empty tank.... hehe! You also get a free loaner to drive while the work is being completed.

But seriously, if you like the car and can afford it, go for it. The Carfax shows that it has had regular oil changes but that still doesn't mean you won't have anything else go wrong as it is a 10 year old car. Even if you do, you're getting the car for way less than market value so it's not that big of a deal. I just purchased a 2008 ES350 with 90k miles and I'm loving it so far. Hope this helps man!