Help! Lexus won't turn off, Steering wheel locked

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-17, 07:57 PM
Evanatl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Lexus won't turn off, Steering wheel locked

2008 ES 350 Lexus

Car has been working great but not today. Really hoping someone can give me some insight.
I got my bag for work and closed trunk, apparently didn't close all the way. I did hit the lock button on remote keys as I walked away (doubt that matters). Anyways came back a few hours or so later and lights were dim when I opened my door, windows went up much slower than normal. Car did turn and started. I turned it off near immediately because figured Id need a jump soon and best not to drive (generator/jumper at work with security). I came back down a hour later and car was nearly completely dead, and wouldn't turn/start- but lights came on barely. I had Security come down to jump, and they did. All lights etc came on fully, but car wouldn't turn, made clicking sound, similar to what I have heard in the past to similar cars Ive had in the past, raising immediate flag that alternator or starter was not working. The car wouldn't not turn off again, but was so low on energy I figured it would go out. The light on the push start button was red. I came back down another hour later and care was basically fully dead, I pressed the button and the light went out on push start button, seemed like it was off. Had AAA come to replace the battery, and run a test. Said battery was old enough to get replaced and test said I needed new starter. I had the battery replaced. The car now held the electricity without any assistance, the big problem now though was car would not shut off. Car obviously had full juice, but when I press the key it does nothing. Does not click or anything-nothing. We disconnected the battery so the car would not run. While he disconnected battery I noticed that the steering wheel was locked- which could have been locked for some time. I have not dealt with a locked steering wheel on this car, and not sure how to deal with this since it is a push start. In the past I have jiggled key while turning the wheel with force back and forth and has worked, but I cannot jiggle a key with a push start obviously. My car is underground 5 levels at my workplace downtown and I am desperate for any help. Please if anyone can give me any insight I would really appreciate it. Not sure I can even get it towed at this point since steering wheel is locked. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-01-17, 03:28 PM
tterb2564
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the solution? It sounds like it is happening to my 2011 ES350