ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bridgestone Serenity Plus Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-16, 10:53 AM
08Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Serenity Plus Tires

I bought 4 new Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires first of year and have had nothing but problems. Bought them at Firestone and have dealt there for years. Had a slight shake in steering so I took car back in. They checked balance and said it was fine. They said to take car to Lexus and check for a steering problem. Car was still under extended warranty. Lexus checked it out and found small amount of play in steering shafts and replaced both of them. Took car on test drive and shimmy was still there. Lexus said to take it back to Firestone and have them do a road balance. Took it back and Firestone found front 2 tires out of round for specs from Bridgestone. The rear 2 tires were out of round but with in Bridgestone specs. Tires were now 6 months old. The more I drove the car the worse it got. They ordered 2 new Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires at no cost. Had them put on and put back on front of car. Drove it home and all was well with front but could still feel a little vibration in car, not in front steering. Took it back to Firestone and said I was not satisfied with the rear tires. Manager said that they tested with in Bridgestone specs. I said that might be so but they are not with in my specs and no one should pay that much for tires and have a vibration. Then came a big shock. Manager said he would order 2 new tires at no cost. New tires arrived, mounted on car and vibration gone. I some times leave car in garage at home for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Then when I drive the car, it seems like it has flat spots on tires and it is that way for 5 or so miles. Any one else have these problems? My old Bridgestone potensa's were original eq. and they did not have flat spots when left in garage and were not out of round. Sorry for this long post. Have a great day.
Bob
Old 09-29-16, 01:34 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Since you are having so many issues I would look for someone that does road force balancing. 9.9 out of 10 times a standard tire balancer will take care of most issues but it sounds like you need something more. Problems with suspension and/or rims can also lead to issues that get blamed on tires. I suggest you get another opinion from someone who can physically trouble shoot on the vehicle. Also, make sure depending what your rims allow they are using wheel weights as close to the inner and outer lips of the wheels. If they are just using one set of wheel weights on the inside of your wheels (static balance) that may also be your problem. They need to be in balance both static and dynamic.
Old 09-29-16, 01:51 PM
jkayca
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a set Michelin Primacys on my Lexus. I have had them for about two years now and have had no problems. I did run into a flat spot issue after the car sat for 3 weeks while I was on vacation but a few days of driving solved that.
Old 10-02-16, 08:07 AM
08Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Lex098, Thanks for replying. Firestone did do a road balance and found my tires to be out of round. 4 new tires took care of the problem. My 08 Lexus runs and drives great. I just posted to see if any one else had experienced out of round Serenity plus tires. Have a great day.
Bob
Old 06-11-17, 01:18 PM
08Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Well a new problem has developed with the new Bridgestone Serenity plus tires. I do not drive the Lexus every day and when I do drive it, there is a very bad vibration for about the first 10 to 15 miles. I guess the tires develop flat spots. I never had this problem with the original Bridgestone tires that were on the car when I bought it. The vibration does go away after 10 or 15 miles but one should not have this vibration to contend with. Any one else running this tire have this problem? This is my second set and I am not satisfied with these tires. Going back to Firestone and try to get my money back. Long shot at best. If I do get my money back, going to try the Michelin Primacy tires. Had a set on my Wife's Nissan Sentra and they did real well. All input will be appreciated.
Bob
Old 06-12-17, 01:16 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Lexus
Well a new problem has developed with the new Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires. I do not drive the Lexus every day and when I do drive it, there is a very bad vibration for about the first 10 to 15 miles. I guess the tires develop flat spots. I never had this problem with the original Bridgestone tires that were on the car when I bought it. The vibration does go away after 10 or 15 miles, but one should not have this vibration to contend with. Any one else running this tire have this problem? This is my second set, and I am not satisfied with these tires. Going back to Firestone and try to get my money back. Long shot at best. If I do get my money back, going to try the Michelin Primacy tires. Had a set on my Wife's Nissan Sentra and they did really well. All input will be appreciated.
Bob
sorry to hear you have issues with the tires like that its annoying I understand.

I always get Michelin I always recommend them I have friends and family who are two cheap to spend more than 70 bucks or 80 bucks on a tire and they alway shave issues or there tires are always wearing down after like 20k I tell them spend double the money get a tire that is better quality and will last 3 times longer they never listen.
I had the Micheline Primacy in an H rated on my ES350 for a bit and loved the way those drove
then Micheline discontinue the Primacy in an H rating in our size and I went with the V rated and I didn't like it it was a big noisy, and i ended up going with the Micheline Premier i have had both H and V rated in the Premier tires and I like it much better than the V rated Primacy also they are cheaper than the primacy
Old 06-15-17, 06:12 PM
08Lexus
Driver School Candidate

ThumperPup,
If your car sits for a couple days, do your tires develop flat spots? The old Serenity tires did not, but the new Serenity Plus do develop a flat spot.
These were not cheap tires and should not do this in my opinion I had Michelin Primacy on my wife's Nissan Sentra and they did not develop flat spots.
I am going to try and get my money back. Have a great day.
Bob
Old 06-15-17, 09:02 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

i haven't noticed any flat spots on my tires when it sits for a few days