ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 ES350 A/C problem, where is the low pressure port?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-15, 01:39 AM
Ryo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ES350 A/C problem, where is the low pressure port?

I have a ES350 and it is doing the issue of having warm air (or not cooled air) on the driver side, but has cold air on the passenger side. I looked around and saw it was a common problem. One of the solutions I read was to just refill the system with R134A. Not a problem for me, except I don't know where the low pressure port is located in my car. I was trying to find a online service repair manual on my car to locate where I need to connect to, to recharge the system. Can one of you guys direct me to its location?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-15, 08:24 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

maybe this is useful
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
01.pdf (214.8 KB, 3443 views)
Old 06-30-15, 10:07 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's in front of the exhaust manifold. It's a terrible place.
Old 06-30-15, 01:54 PM
Ryo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it. Do you know if it's marked with a L or has a blue/black cap? Just want to make sure I'm plugging into the right port.
Old 06-30-15, 03:40 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryo
Thanks. I'll see if I can find it. Do you know if it's marked with a L or has a blue/black cap? Just want to make sure I'm plugging into the right port.
The low pressure and the high pressure ports are different sizes. The blue (LP) hose will only go on the low port.
Old 06-30-15, 03:59 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well the low pressure is in front of the manifold and the high is on the passenger side of the bay, plus the port sizes are different, so it's pretty hard to screw up.

I hope you're not just buying one of those refill cans and adding it. You can over pressurize the system and cause all sorts of issues
Old 07-07-15, 09:28 AM
Ryo
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say thanks again and give a follow up.

Definitely it looks like the R-134a was low. I got 18oz of Arctic Freeze R-134aand pumped it in with the A/C on high, with the car running, and it sucked it all in. The gauge on the Arctic Freeze bottle shows it was still low, but now I have some A/C in this rare hot weather that we are having.

Now just debating to fill it up more or just let it go as is. I'm thinking of letting it go as is since it's working.. and if A/C goes out again, then there is definitely a bad leak I need to find and fix.
Old 07-07-15, 07:56 PM
RLwhaler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryo
I have a ES350 and it is doing the issue of having warm air (or not cooled air) on the driver side, but has cold air on the passenger side. I looked around and saw it was a common problem. One of the solutions I read was to just refill the system with R134A. Not a problem for me, except I don't know where the low pressure port is located in my car. I was trying to find a online service repair manual on my car to locate where I need to connect to, to recharge the system. Can one of you guys direct me to its location?

Thanks!
Wow.....I'am having the same problem...Driver's side just blows air,passenger side cold .
Appreciate your post,and everyone else. Cheers!
Old 07-08-15, 12:55 AM
Ryo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RLwhaler
Wow.....I'am having the same problem...Driver's side just blows air,passenger side cold .
Appreciate your post,and everyone else. Cheers!
It's easy to do.. Only thing I hated that it's really really close to the mainfold like NickTee mentioned.. so it's a easy place to get burned. I wore gloves for extra protection.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-15, 10:52 PM
mcook2000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ryo

Thanks!
I used A/C Pro recharge kit and it worked awesome. Only one side, the passenger side was cooling. The hardest part was finding the Low pressure Port. Here is a picture of it. It is right beneath the oil dipstick and right in front of the fan blade so be careful. I actually turned the car off, connected the hose, then turned it back on with the AC full blast to get the pressure reading.

Right below the Dipstick.
Old 07-14-15, 01:21 PM
Ryo
Driver School Candidate

Definitely a bad spot. I pulled out my thicker gloves to attach the hose to the low port. One side get burned, other side get nicked.
Old 07-14-15, 02:56 PM
mcook2000
Driver School Candidate

It is. I turned off the car, attached the hose nozzle then turned the car and AC back on to add the AC Pro. I was afraid my gloves would fly off with the fan.

So glad I found the Low pressure port. I looked for 2 hours plus. Just couldn't believe where it was. If you were using a dual port additive I think it would be impossible.

LOL, after looking at my picture though I am thinking wow my engine needs cleaned. But hopefully this will keep someone else from doing the 2 hour hunt. 136,000 miles and no problems and still looks awesome. I really do love my Lexus.

Last edited by mcook2000; 07-14-15 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-15, 05:52 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

On the basis of being flamed I have to comment. Recharging an AC system is not as simple as buying a can of 134a and shooting it in the system. You also should find out how much freon should be in the system prior to adding. The first issue is what is the problem. On a dual system where one side blows cold (a relative term) and the other side is warm doesn't necessarily mean you are low on freon. What was the air temperature coming out of each duct. Were the zone controls both set to a low setting. What was the pressure in the AC system at rest. What is the high and low pressure gauge reading vs outside temperature. Did you use freon with a leak detector in it to see if/where you have the leak. Now if you overcharge the system you may get away with it but usually you stand the chance of destroying the compressor. Being able to DIY is great and the industry has helped but knowing what you are doing is important. The net is a valuable tool so read up on how to before you damage the car or yourself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=auto...FYaggAod1iUMgg
Old 06-14-17, 06:42 PM
1Colin
Driver School Candidate

Default Same issue resolved

Had the same thing just happened to me with warm air on drivers side and cooler on passenger side. Went and bought A/C pro for $40. After looking at endless threads and forums I did it by myself. God bless you all for the insight and especially the picture for where to find the lower pressure. My A/C works fine right now. Will keep you all updated

thanks again. This was on an 07 ES350
Old 06-16-17, 07:00 PM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've done this on other cars - if your car is low on refrigerant, you have a leak. Ultimately get that sorted for longevity of the Air Conditioning system.