ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 ES350 - Passenger Front Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-16, 02:18 PM
BGElliott
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 ES350 - Passenger Front Window Issue

Yesterday my passenger front window popped out of it's track. Then when we tried to pop it back in and get it to go back up, it completely popped out and up about 3 inches from the frame of the door. Enough to be able to fit a had through no problem. I've read a few posts from people with the same issue and I've replied as well but was hoping someone could tell me if this issue was ever addressed in any detail in recent years by Lexus.

I am taking the car in tomorrow to have it looked at and get a quote to fix. From what I've read, it's a super pricey fix. So bummed because I just bought the car about 6 weeks ago (if that)

Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-10-16, 02:27 PM
12jimmyjam
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I remember reading a post a while ago that a guy took his car to a local glass shop and they fixed the tab (the issue I think) for a lot cheaper.
Old 05-11-16, 11:26 AM
BGElliott
Rookie

yes I have since read that as well but it's a full window replacement, not just the tabs as they are built into the glass.
Old 05-11-16, 05:28 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...b-problem.html

see post 7 in the above thread, he replaced the plastic tab w metal
Old 06-12-16, 06:47 PM
BGElliott
Rookie

I cannot believe it but Lexus covered the cost of parts for me on this. The quote was $850 (discounted to $580 by my dealer) and I ended up only paying labor of $125. I am so pleased with Lexus it not even funny. My car is 10 years old and has 108,000 miles so I was not expecting any help with this. So happy!
Old 06-12-16, 08:51 PM
12jimmyjam
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Holy smokes. Please give me the name and location of your dealer so I can take my car there lol.
Old 08-13-16, 12:45 PM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BGElliott
I cannot believe it but Lexus covered the cost of parts for me on this. The quote was $850 (discounted to $580 by my dealer) and I ended up only paying labor of $125. I am so pleased with Lexus it not even funny. My car is 10 years old and has 108,000 miles so I was not expecting any help with this. So happy!
That's really excellent that they took care of that for you at such a nice price. Our local Lexus dealer wanted $400 to replace the window in my father-in-law's car so I just machined a new clip out of aluminum. I'm making and selling them now for people that can't find a dealer as nice as yours...more info at my website
Old 08-14-16, 12:13 PM
BGElliott
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blue Moose Engineering
That's really excellent that they took care of that for you at such a nice price. Our local Lexus dealer wanted $400 to replace the window in my father-in-law's car so I just machined a new clip out of aluminum. I'm making and selling them now for people that can't find a dealer as nice as yours...more info at my website
Good to know! What is your Weibo address so I can save it just in case.

Funny thing is, I bought this car used this year and did not know about this problem. After it happened to me and Lexus fixed it, I walked around the car one day and noticed that the rear driver side window was not a Lexus brand glass which means this is happened to this car before with the previous owner. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does not happen again to any of the other windows
Old 08-14-16, 12:19 PM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Good to know! What is your Weibo address so I can save it just in case.

Funny thing is, I bought this car used this year and did not know about this problem. After it happened to me and Lexus fixed it, I walked around the car one day and noticed that the rear driver side window was not a Lexus brand glass which means this is happened to this car before with the previous owner. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does not happen again to any of the other windows
I guess signatures don't show up in mobile view so it's http://www.bluemooseengineering.com
Old 08-14-16, 12:20 PM
BGElliott
Rookie

By the way, just to clarify...it was not the dealer that paid for the repair but Lexus corporate as I called customer service directly and explained to them that I am a loyal Lexus customer for over 11 years now and I upgraded my older Lexus for a newer one and to have this happen only a few short weeks after I purchase the car from a Lexus dealer regardless of it being used, was such a disappointment. So they decided to eat the cost of the glass which I'm sure was pennies for them and I only had to pay the labor for the technician at the dealer. :-)

Originally Posted by Blue Moose Engineering
Old 08-14-16, 01:21 PM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

By the way, just to clarify...it was not the dealer that paid for the repair but Lexus corporate as I called customer service directly and explained to them that I am a loyal Lexus customer for over 11 years now and I upgraded my older Lexus for a newer one and to have this happen only a few short weeks after I purchase the car from a Lexus dealer regardless of it being used, was such a disappointment. So they decided to eat the cost of the glass which I'm sure was pennies for them and I only had to pay the labor for the technician at the dealer. :-)
That's good information for anyone who has this problem. You should definitely try to get Lexus, the dealer or corporate, to help you out.