Racer

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
Default pictures after repaire

ok so here are a few pictures from after the repair
also some items damaged i will go back on monday and deal with them about those
they will be buying me a new dash board cover
due to the tear in it
they will have to repaire the damage they did to the door jam
and also replace a driver side inside A Pillar that is tottaly dirty i don't think it can be cleaned they already did a detail on the entire car and if it could come off it would have
Attached Thumbnails pictures after repaire-afte-rrepair-driver-front-door.jpeg   pictures after repaire-craches-door-sill-passanger-door-jam.jpeg   pictures after repaire-dash-borad-passanger-side-damage-from-repaire.jpg   pictures after repaire-front-bumber-grille-hood-after-repaire.jpeg   pictures after repaire-passanger-side-fender-after-repair.jpeg  

Old 09-28-13, 03:57 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

here are some more pictures

also i have a question on the climate controls is the buttong all the way to the right that is the reciculation button is it supposed to be lit up even when the Climate control is turned off that is one i am not sure about i don't remember it being lip up before when climate turned off
thinking perhaps there was something damaged when they removed the HU ?
Attached Thumbnails pictures after repaire-driver-side-dasboard-after-repaire.jpg   pictures after repaire-inside-dash.jpg   pictures after repaire-interior-front-seats-after-detail.jpeg  
Old 09-28-13, 04:17 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Good luck with the car now that you have it back.

With all of that damage still hard to believe it wasn't totaled
Old 09-28-13, 04:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Good luck with the car now that you have it back.

With all of that damage still hard to believe it wasn't totaled

thank you
yeah i was like supprised also
i think the reason it wasn't tottaled was they had already got into the repair about 5k thinking it was just a rail extension and could be pulled for the actual rail but that didn't work so they already had all the body parts and also like 4800 in work so far
so 6000 in parts would be paying a restocking fee and return shipping on those would still have to pay the dealer the 4800 for the work so far then me another 19k for the ACV of the vehicle here right now

they decided it was way cheaper to fix it

it runs great no mechanical issues other then the coolant issue that may just be residual from coolant spilled when removing the engine and topping off the fluid after install

i do hear noise coming from the dash when the radio is off almost sounds like a speaker is blown or something but not sure how that would happen unless it shorted out when they disconnected it or put it back in

and then the light thats on when the climate control is turned off i don't think thats supposed to be on but i don't rememebr
Old 09-29-13, 08:15 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

I am would like if someone could please help me out
and see the picture that has the dash unit climate control above
and tell me is that light thats on for the circulation button all the way to the right
is it supposed to be lit up when the climate control is turned off i don't think i remember seeing that before
but i am not sure so i want to make sure its not normal or if it is normal before i go into the dealer and sound like a total idiot and ask them to fix something that they had nothing to do with

so please can someone with the same vehicle look at there and tell me if the light is on or off when they climate ac is turned off ?
Old 09-29-13, 11:19 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay. Just went out to my 2011 Premium with Navigation. I pressed the off button and either circulate air within or from the outside is lit. Your choice, can't shut both off without the opposite side button lit. The Auto middle button can't be turned on to light. Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-13, 01:44 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

thank you very much yes it does help i also tested this in the GS that i have as a loaner right now i went to the dealer because i was having some issues for them to look at they gave me a 2013 GS350 to use for now

and see the same thing there
thank you for your help
Old 09-30-13, 07:08 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

The Dealer is paying to have the dash board replaced
they called Lexus and asked them to cover it since i guess there are issues wwith these dash boards the dealer called it a stricky dash or something like that not sure but he says seems to be a problem when ever you ever touch these in any way of removing them there are always going to be issues

Lexus is willing to pay 50% due to my lack of service and me not being the first owner of the vechile and how i have not spent alot of money at the dealership on service or on other lexus vehicles

they will pay the other 50% the dealer

The issue with the Coolant smell and the ac is they did charge the ac but it leaked out due to a bad Defective Condenser that they installed and the radiator was bad also
so they are getting it all fixed up

didn't ask how long because it doesn't matter to me how long they take now it just matters they do it right
The Dealer also gave me a Loaner to drive untill mine is repaired properly

they put me in a 2013 GS350 still getting used to all the higher tech stuff in it but omg i am going to hate having to give up this gs for my es when its ready lol

apparently the Director of the Body shop told his people under no circumstances are they to release my car to me untill he has the time to make sure it was 100% perfect and this all started because they released my car to me on Saturday when they where specifically instructed no to

i am just happy this is going to be done with soon and ill be back on the road with my ES in the shape she should be
Old 10-12-13, 09:37 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Ok finnaly she is done fixed and properly Dressed she looks even greater in person then in the photos pictures just don't do here justice
and she run and driver 100% fabulous

i really couldn't be happier
Attached Thumbnails pictures after repaire-after-1.jpeg   pictures after repaire-after-2.jpeg   pictures after repaire-after-3.jpeg   pictures after repaire-after-4.jpeg   pictures after repaire-after-5.jpeg  

Old 10-12-13, 09:40 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

truley awesome and the stains in the floor mats i tried to get out for over 8 months they actualy got it out looking like almost new
new dash looks awesome

the Director of the Body Shop said that recently the old sticky dashes the issues with them have been fixed and i should not damage as easy as the old ones did
Attached Thumbnails pictures after repaire-after-interior-2.jpeg   pictures after repaire-after-interior.jpeg