ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Hello! New (to me) 2009 ES350 here

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-12, 09:58 AM
350FSport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! New (to me) 2009 ES350 here

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2009 (instead of 2010) with 30,000 miles. I traded my 2011 IS350 F-Sport, and could not be happier! I am 32 and originally thought the IS was more of a "younger" car and ES more of an "older" car, but now that I have owned both, I much prefer the quiet, powerful (enough) luxury of the ES.

I had commented in some earlier threads on 2009 vs 2010. I thought I had made up my mind on 2010, but when I drove both back to back, I really liked the 2009 better for a few reasons. Styling: I found the chrome additions and new tail lights on the 2010 to be a bit much. Comfort: I felt like the seats in the 2009 were more comfortable. Hard to explain but they just felt "softer". I really like the subtle style of the 2009's, the tail lights, the leg-extender on the driver seat, and the memory seat for the passenger. What a beautiful car!

So, although my name is still 350FSport, I am now a member of the ES350 club!
Specs: Nav, park assist, rear sun shade, HIDs, memory seats driver and passenger, auto wipers, tan interior. Again, not enough great things to say about this car, absolutely love it!

Last edited by 350FSport; 08-12-12 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-12-12, 10:18 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on new car. Its a very comfortable car and when you hit the gas pedal, it does move out! I traded my 2007 for a leftover 2011 and like the extra bling everywhere. We had the same color interior on the '07 as we do on the '11. The little interior differences took away my initial comment of: did we really get a new car? Good luck with the new purchase.
Old 08-12-12, 02:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Funny, to me, how people try to equate cars to a particular age group of drivers, Yes, there probably is a demographic that fits a profile, but at least in my case that demographic simply doesn't work.

You can see by my signature what vehicles we own. This summer I was having some work done on my F, and we used my wife's ES for a trip to Las Vegas. I absolutely hated that trip, I guess it's my driving style, IMHO, our truck handles better than the ES. But, my wife absolutely loves her ES, and my modified ISF is the perfect vehicle for me. Oh, and BTW, I'm 73 years old

Lou
Old 08-12-12, 02:27 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Funny, to me, how people try to equate cars to a particular age group of drivers, Yes, there probably is a demographic that fits a profile, but at least in my case that demographic simply doesn't work.

You can see by my signature what vehicles we own. This summer I was having some work done on my F, and we used my wife's ES for a trip to Las Vegas. I absolutely hated that trip, I guess it's my driving style, IMHO, our truck handles better than the ES. But, my wife absolutely loves her ES, and my modified ISF is the perfect vehicle for me. Oh, and BTW, I'm 73 years old

Lou
Yes, if you are used to a car that handles well and has sharp steering the ES will disappoint. If you don't have the comparison the car is easier to get used to.

No doubt the ES appeals to, and is bought new, by an older demographic - Last I saw the LS is the same if not a bit higher. I'm sure Lexus would like to lower that average age if they can.
Old 08-12-12, 02:32 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

350FSport, Congratulations on your selection. I think I have the exact same car. Love it. Do you have tint on the windows? If so, what did they do to tint in way of the rear window brake light? I'm scheduled to have tint applied in a week and wasn't sure if they just leave it off in way of the brake light. Would love to see a rear picture.
Old 08-13-12, 11:45 AM
350FSport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poqman
350FSport, Congratulations on your selection. I think I have the exact same car. Love it. Do you have tint on the windows? If so, what did they do to tint in way of the rear window brake light? I'm scheduled to have tint applied in a week and wasn't sure if they just leave it off in way of the brake light. Would love to see a rear picture.
The tint covers the back window including the break light, but does not make the break light noticeably dimmer. I would not have them cut out a hole in the tint for it (it looks bad), but that is your choice. One thing I have noticed though is the XM reception on this car is much worse than in my IS350, which had the shark fin antenna. My XM receiver antenna is next to the break light, under the tint, so I don't know if that is the issue. I have to get that relocated though, the reception makes the XM useless, unless you don't mind 5 second pauses every 10 seconds

As for the age issue: 73 years old in a modded ISF?
I like the numb ride, that's why I bought it. I decided "go fast and hug curves" is only fun for a bit. I think of the ES as a cruiser and the IS a bruiser (at least the F-Sport was). Fun to drive if you are always by yourself and have no family, but passengers almost always hated it All I hear from passengers in the ES is "OMG this car is awesome, smooth, luxurious" etc.
Old 08-13-12, 03:41 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 350FSport
The tint covers the back window including the break light, but does not make the break light noticeably dimmer. I would not have them cut out a hole in the tint for it (it looks bad), but that is your choice. One thing I have noticed though is the XM reception on this car is much worse than in my IS350, which had the shark fin antenna. My XM receiver antenna is next to the break light, under the tint, so I don't know if that is the issue. I have to get that relocated though, the reception makes the XM useless, unless you don't mind 5 second pauses every 10 seconds

As for the age issue: 73 years old in a modded ISF?
I like the numb ride, that's why I bought it. I decided "go fast and hug curves" is only fun for a bit. I think of the ES as a cruiser and the IS a bruiser (at least the F-Sport was). Fun to drive if you are always by yourself and have no family, but passengers almost always hated it All I hear from passengers in the ES is "OMG this car is awesome, smooth, luxurious" etc.
Yup, kind of like a 73 year old guy with a super model "go fast and hug curves" is only fun for a bit.
Old 08-13-12, 06:49 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
Yup, kind of like a 73 year old guy with a super model "go fast and hug curves" is only fun for a bit.
Only fun for a bit Not on your life

My first car was a 1950 Mercury Coupe (in 1957). I've never owned a car that I didn't modify - it's in my blood

Lou