ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Remote Start Sytem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 07:44 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Remote Start Sytem

Just got a 2011 ES350. Is there a remote starting system from anywhere that will work in conjunction with the push button start system? Dealer told me that it is not available from Lexus.
Old 10-06-11, 11:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

The answer is no. Look here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...key-start.html

Lou
Old 10-06-11, 04:44 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Was hoping for a modification on the 2011 models from the 2007. Nothing was more frustrating than being to remote start my 2007 Impala SS, 2007 Grand Cherokee and the most expensive car not being able to. Up here in PA, nice to remote start in the winter.
Old 10-07-11, 09:02 AM
Jeff76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I am misunderstanding this thread but are you saying you can't remote start your ES's??? Odd, because I have being remote starting mine for years. Please clarify.
Old 10-07-11, 11:46 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

How / where did you get the remote system? Wad told: pushbutton start = no remote start due to incompatability.
Old 10-07-11, 07:34 PM
Jeff76
Driver School Candidate

I got it done at a place here on Long Island that has since closed. The owner told me that indeed it was troublesome because of the push button start - but he did it. Works great, only minor inconvenience is that I have to open the car with the remote for the starter and put the car in gear within about 10 seconds after getting in. If I wait much longer than that it will stall right after I put it in gear. But again, thats not even an issue. I can't be the only one who's gotten it done.
Old 10-08-11, 05:27 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

WOW. Still researching to see if it can be done up here in Northeast PA.
Old 10-08-11, 06:36 PM
Jeff76
Driver School Candidate

I know I have the receipt somewhere. When I find it I will let you know what I paid for it.
Anyone else care to chime in with their experience?
Old 10-08-11, 11:19 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it is possible snce it was on my car when i bought it used , installed by Lexus. BUT, aside all it conviniences, the remote starter makes it impossible to reprogram the fob. The master tech from lexus could'nt bypass the remote starter to make the computer understand the new code. I had to uninstall the remote starter completely at the end.

Wierd story is lexus advice not to install any remote starter on their cars, but i had mine install by them ???!
Old 10-09-11, 02:04 PM
PaulA
Driver School Candidate

Default I have Remote Start- ES350-2010

Originally Posted by garsarno
Just got a 2011 ES350. Is there a remote starting system from anywhere that will work in conjunction with the push button start system? Dealer told me that it is not available from Lexus.
I have a 2010 ES350 with remote start,that was installed by my Lexus dealer here in Des Moines, Ia. It works very well.

When you remotely start the car and then get in, you must push the Lexus starter button twice to tell the Remote start processor that it is to disengage and that it can turn off its security system. Thats all there is to it. All of the Lexus functions work as normal. However, I should mention that when the car is started remotely, the car door locks are controlled by the remote starter FOB until you get in and press the cars starter button.

The brand of remote starter on my ES is a Python.

I don't know why other dealers tell people it can't be done, and I have an invoice that warranties the work and protects the new car warranty.
Old 10-10-11, 03:59 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Thanks. Will print your e-mail info and go to the dealer.
Old 01-21-12, 08:41 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulA
I have a 2010 ES350 with remote start,that was installed by my Lexus dealer here in Des Moines, Ia. It works very well.

When you remotely start the car and then get in, you must push the Lexus starter button twice to tell the Remote start processor that it is to disengage and that it can turn off its security system. Thats all there is to it. All of the Lexus functions work as normal. However, I should mention that when the car is started remotely, the car door locks are controlled by the remote starter FOB until you get in and press the cars starter button.

The brand of remote starter on my ES is a Python.

I don't know why other dealers tell people it can't be done, and I have an invoice that warranties the work and protects the new car warranty.
How much was it? Thanks
Old 01-21-12, 02:43 PM
PaulA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dotbowels
How much was it? Thanks
Right at $695. It's 14' degrees outside today.....sure love my remote starter. LOL
Old 02-10-12, 11:42 AM
vlad04
Driver School Candidate

I have a remote starter too. It came installed with my CPO 2008 ES350. its called Cool Start and model num: CS34-II TX. But sometimes it gives me problems. I would start the vehicle with remote but when i get inside the vehicle and press on the brake the vehicle would automatically shut off. then i would have to restart it. Kind of annoying. Does anyone else have similar issue?
Old 02-10-12, 02:12 PM
PaulA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vlad04
I have a remote starter too. It came installed with my CPO 2008 ES350. its called Cool Start and model num: CS34-II TX. But sometimes it gives me problems. I would start the vehicle with remote but when i get inside the vehicle and press on the brake the vehicle would automatically shut off. then i would have to restart it. Kind of annoying. Does anyone else have similar issue?
Happens on my 2010 ES350 as well. It is part of the security interlock. However, with mine, when you get in, I push the "Start" button twice, and that overrides the security feature and allows you to put the car in gear, or put your foot on the break, etc. My guess is that the bypass for the interlock is different for every make of remote starter. My starter is a Python.

Quick Reply: Remote Start Sytem