ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2003 ES300 premium sound with pioneer no sound to speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-19, 06:25 AM
Ali12978
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2003 ES300 premium sound with pioneer no sound to speakers

premium sound w/pioneer head unit.

so story is:nt in
we wanted the NAV unit in car, so my husband orders the OEM Nav head unit that was the alternate option to my car and sound system, Thought it would kinda be plug and play, ha! he hooks it up, or as wekk as he can considering plugs do not match. so no power to nav unit. he reinstalls the original to car pioneer head unit fxx-mg8517-92/uc and we have power to unit but no sound to speakers.

unit was working correctly before removal. im thinking some sort of theft deterrent has been activated or the amp just decided to crap out at this time. I went into diagnosis mode and get:

P190
chec
P440
chec
n008

when i press channel 5 to clear codes it says CLR and very loudly it BEEPS over speakers so now I am really thrown off!

Does anyone have a list of the diagnostic codes for this unit or a service manual or any IDEA of how to fix this issue?

we arent amateurs to wiring, diagnosing etc. We have owned our own motorcycle shop for several years. but thisihas us both stumped

thanks in advance
Old 01-18-19, 02:53 PM
Nad1370
Lexus Test Driver

Received 122 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali12978
premium sound w/pioneer head unit.

so story is:nt in
we wanted the NAV unit in car, so my husband orders the OEM Nav head unit that was the alternate option to my car and sound system, Thought it would kinda be plug and play, ha! he hooks it up, or as wekk as he can considering plugs do not match. so no power to nav unit. he reinstalls the original to car pioneer head unit fxx-mg8517-92/uc and we have power to unit but no sound to speakers.

unit was working correctly before removal. im thinking some sort of theft deterrent has been activated or the amp just decided to crap out at this time. I went into diagnosis mode and get:

P190
chec
P440
chec
n008

when i press channel 5 to clear codes it says CLR and very loudly it BEEPS over speakers so now I am really thrown off!

Does anyone have a list of the diagnostic codes for this unit or a service manual or any IDEA of how to fix this issue?

we arent amateurs to wiring, diagnosing etc. We have owned our own motorcycle shop for several years. but thisihas us both stumped

thanks in advance

I dont know if this will help.
My sound also went out on my RX (2000)
It ended up being the amp since sound to speakers come from the amp.

As long as your radio has power.
My checks were power/ground to the amp which i had was good
Power wire -- Blue / yellow tracer. <--yours could be the same. Key ON/ACC.
Ground -- White w/ black tracer. (some could be just a Brown)
The rest of the wires were going to the speakers.