ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Fitting Windom Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-18, 01:08 PM
Mddepasqua
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fitting Windom Headlights

I'm here and would like to know if anyone has a guide or knows how to wire the Windom headlights to a 3ES. I have a 1998 ES 300. Will I have to purchase any harnesses? Do I need to solder?
I want to be sure with what I am doing before I start anything. I have included pictures. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Left

Right
Old 08-28-18, 06:41 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No guide or how-to but you can see my thread about swapping in the OEM HIDs I'll assume you have a car with the halogen headlights.

If you have any electrical experience its a cinch to do. The plugs are different on the HID lights, but the wiring and wire colors are the same on the car. Good you got your lights with the plugs attached and wiring clipped, you will take the clipped plugs from the HIDs, and clip the stock halogen headlight plugs off, and connect/solder/whatever the same color wires to the plugs for the HIDs. Those 4 wire plugs going to the leveling motors you can just toss those, the car will not have any of the wiring or equipment for auto-leveling.

The Windom HIDs are going to be for a RHD car so the headlight reflector pattern is set up for driving on the wrong side of the road. I personally wouldn't use them, I would want proper LHD headlights from a junked US ES300 with that option, but I hear the RHD ones can be adjusted well enough to work on a LHD car.
Old 08-31-18, 06:04 AM
Mddepasqua
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much. Everything worked out fine! I just need to adjust the headlights, as you said.