ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Who's got Coilovers installed? How do you like them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 05:09 PM
808mcv20l
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who's got Coilovers installed? How do you like them?

Been thinking of some suspension mods on the pig and trying to learn from other's experiences.

Who's got Coilovers installed and how do you like the ride? This question applies to 2ES, 3ES, and 4ES owners.

I own a 3ES, so the product availability might change depending on the model.

Basically the goal is to get a set of coilovers that will allow me to tweak the height and stiffness of the suspension while keeping a comfortable but road hugging ride.

Don't really care if they can't go super low, I don't plan on slamming the car but would like something more advanced than just drop springs and new shocks.

Being the car is 16 years old, looks like the current options are:
1)BC racing
2)Ksport
3)D2
4)Megan
5)JIC Magic (still checking on avail)
6)Tein SS (I think they are discontinued)

I was leaning towards the JIC FLT-FAS or TAR depends on availability and pricing, but I've heard they are really stiff and more suited for track use.
Not to mention the most expensive option.

Some old posts I've seen that people recommend BC Racing (Taiwan made) w/ swift springs as the most comfortable ride for Street use. But my main concerns with BC Racing and the other cheaper brands are the quality and longevity of Taiwanese made parts.

Other thing I've noticed, is that most of these coilovers don't have the proper mounting hardware to keep everything tidy.
Proper mounting spot for the brake line and ABS lines.

And how do you adjust the rear shocks if the **** is under the rear deck?

Tein from what I've read is a good comfortable ride and also quality from a well known brand. Only problem is availability...

Anyone with experience with coilovers on these cars please post up I've love to hear about it.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-16, 10:37 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey buddy,
D2 Racing or BC Racing. They will give you the best bang for your buck. They have full control over dampening and height and won't break your wallet. We have some pretty great deals on both these brands.
1-855-998-8726
Old 01-28-16, 12:06 PM
808mcv20l
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Hey buddy,
D2 Racing or BC Racing. They will give you the best bang for your buck. They have full control over dampening and height and won't break your wallet. We have some pretty great deals on both these brands.
Do you guys offer the BC Racing coilovers with the Swift springs upgrade?

How about the Adjuster extenders? Might be good if I could leave the **** extenders somewhere in the trunk that's accessible once the rear deck is back in.

How about the hardware to hold down the ABS Sensors and Brake Lines?