ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Goodbye ES300 :( This Suck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-13, 04:19 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Goodbye ES300 :( This Suck!

So I don't know if any of you guys remember a drunk driver hit my mom's ES300

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ers-es300.html

But today I was getting off from work driving home on M6 the speed limits is 50mph and I was stopped by a red light. I decided to turn my radio on a little louder as I was doing it I was looking at my side mirrors and I saw a flash of burgundy and next thing I know it I was hit, my glasses flew off, my head hurt. The woman that hit me was checking her phone for a missed call and just rammed me, funny thing is she is my CO WORKER.

Old 08-28-13, 06:01 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a horrible sight.. sorry about your ES.
I'm glad you're okay though.
Old 08-28-13, 06:28 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Oh man, that's a bad sight. Get some medical attention and make sure you don't have any long term damage. The car can always be replaced.
Old 08-28-13, 06:47 PM
Mythotical
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was rear ended once at a red light. Speed limit was 40 and the lady who hit me was reading the label on her prescription medication. I always joked about her reading "may inhibit ability to operate heavy machinery and or automobile". She never hit the brakes at all, and I was driving my 93 Paseo a 2,000 lb car. She was driving an F350. All jokes aside I went to the E.R. in an ambulance with minor neck pain but was discharged however two days later I could not stand up straight my back hurt so bad. No blown discs but really bad whiplash. It put me out for 6 months with P.T. So please even if you don't feel pain, you should get some medical attention.

Sorry about your car, but at least you will be ok.
Old 08-28-13, 08:11 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Thanks guys,

I didn't go to a ER but I am scheduling a appointment with my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be fine right now my neck is stiff and little headache.
Old 08-29-13, 10:17 AM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Also, is anybody knowledgeable about insurance? As a college student I could only afford a 1-Way coverage so it doesn't cover collision which really sucks for me. I can't afford both college and a car at the moment. Is there anyway I can get more money out of this? I heard her insurance have to pay the value of my car is that true?
Old 08-29-13, 11:48 AM
msekanha
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, that sucks dude! At least you're not injured...

Anyway, I believe you can refuse the third parties insurance settlement if their offer does not meet your expectations... However, it will take you much longer to receive the final settlement...

You should probably get a lawyer involved.. Or at least consult one, they would be able to point you in a better direction.

Once the settlement is finalized, you do have the option to buy your car back... That would make a beautiful parts vehicle, extra change in your pocket, and some very happy clublexus members
Old 08-29-13, 02:33 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Insurance just called and they say since I don't have collision coverage I'm only getting 1K
Old 08-29-13, 02:57 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by IamLexus
Insurance just called and they say since I don't have collision coverage I'm only getting 1K
I always thought that Collision Coverage only mattered if the accident was caused by the policy holder, not if you get hit by somebody else, such as in your case. Shouldn't your coworkers insurance pay for your car if it was completely her fault? I also don't have collision coverage, which is making me worry.
Old 08-29-13, 04:23 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Sorry to hear, i actually got into a minor fender bender today getting onto the highway. Hopefully you recover with as little pain as possible
Old 08-29-13, 04:55 PM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Her insurance is the one that should be paying. Get a lawyer.
Old 08-29-13, 06:28 PM
ErikTheRed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collision is intended for covering your car if YOU hit something. The basic coverage is for covering the people you hit., both property and bodily injury. I you get hit by someone else, their insurance has to cover you. you need to get that sorted out ASAP because there are frequently laws that have to do with the amount of time to make a complaint. You need their adjuster out to do a valid assessment of the damage, and if they want to total it, come up with fair market value for replacement.
Old 08-29-13, 07:15 PM
millenman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost any Lexus that runs is worth more than $1000.00!! Could you replace your car for $1000.00? Probably not!! Do not accept that settlement untill you get some professional advice!! The Insurance companies always try to settle for as little as possible. My daughters '94 sentra with 187000 miles and only in "fair" condition got an $800 dollar settlement after it was hit. I'm Sure your lexus was worth at least twice as much! Definitely look up the fair market value and accept nothing less!! Don't let them jerk you around. They are supposed to restore your life to the way it was before the accident!
Old 08-29-13, 07:37 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Thanks guy I will call my Insurance tomorrow ASAP.
Old 08-29-13, 08:03 PM
Mythotical
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am insured to the nines but only because I live in a town full of uninsured morons who drive like idiots. When I was hit they tried the same crap and asked me for medical records prior to the accident. I told them where to go and what to do when they got there and as soon as the phone went click I called a lawyer I got high fair market value and payment for lost wages, medical fees and a nice settlement. Don't let them screw you, get a lawyer, have them set up a trust and then see a doctor. A good lawyer will work on contingency and front the money to cover you until her insurance company starts sending checks.

Quick Reply: Goodbye ES300 :( This Suck!