ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 09:22 PM
charleswat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lfaspeed
heyy

im new here , im thinking of purchasing a 2001 es300
Tut
there 2 problems with it , one is theres a misfire and the car always struggles to start

and 2 the is running lean , and when i drove the car had to pull or accelaration it was lacking serious performance

what can be the issue of this ?
Get a new ECT senior and check the EGR air temperature senior
Old 10-04-13, 11:46 AM
optimusA4
Driver School Candidate

Post 2005 es 330

Hello, new to Lexus ownership. Just bought a 2005 ES 330. I've been driving since 1984, a road course track junkie and senior instructor for the local Audi club.

I needed a car to replace a highly modified Stage 3 1999.5 Audi A4 1.8TQMS. My Audi made it 13 years and 190K miles before it was time to pass it on to another enthusiast. A Lexus was no where near my radar on the short list of replacement vehicles.

A local dealer that we've purchased from before found the car and called me to check it out. I looked at the details and photos online, it was listed as beige on beige and appeared that way as well. I was worried that I would be looking at something my Grandmother would want to drive.

Seeing the car in person was quite a mind changer. The color was actually Alabaster Silver, and the interior was the Lexus grey leather. No where near the Liberace slipper or a car that I feared. After the test drive and checking out the condition, the car really sold itself as the price was well below my budget. Again a mind changer to even consider a Lexus over my preferences.

This car will most likely last me 100K miles, get my three kids to daycare/elementary school, get me to the train station, and not be much of a burden on gas or service. However, I do see this purchase as stable, reliable, transportation. I am already missing quattro (all-wheel drive). As comfortable as the Lexus is to drive, I am having to adjust to the limitations of a softer front-drive vehicle.

The picture I found that looks exactly like my car. Overall, it is a car that would blend in with the traffic and not really stand out. Which is good in avoiding any bored police officers.
Old 10-05-13, 04:39 AM
deanhavie
Driver School Candidate

Hey stranger.

Originally Posted by optimusA4
Hello, new to Lexus ownership. Just bought a 2005 ES 330. I've been driving since 1984, a road course track junkie and senior instructor for the local Audi club.

I needed a car to replace a highly modified Stage 3 1999.5 Audi A4 1.8TQMS. My Audi made it 13 years and 190K miles before it was time to pass it on to another enthusiast. A Lexus was no where near my radar on the short list of replacement vehicles.

A local dealer that we've purchased from before found the car and called me to check it out. I looked at the details and photos online, it was listed as beige on beige and appeared that way as well. I was worried that I would be looking at something my Grandmother would want to drive.

Seeing the car in person was quite a mind changer. The color was actually Alabaster Silver, and the interior was the Lexus grey leather. No where near the Liberace slipper or a car that I feared. After the test drive and checking out the condition, the car really sold itself as the price was well below my budget. Again a mind changer to even consider a Lexus over my preferences.

This car will most likely last me 100K miles, get my three kids to daycare/elementary school, get me to the train station, and not be much of a burden on gas or service. However, I do see this purchase as stable, reliable, transportation. I am already missing quattro (all-wheel drive). As comfortable as the Lexus is to drive, I am having to adjust to the limitations of a softer front-drive vehicle.

The picture I found that looks exactly like my car. Overall, it is a car that would blend in with the traffic and not really stand out. Which is good in avoiding any bored police officers.
Old 10-05-13, 08:19 AM
ben1970
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear window glass will not stay closed

Hi, I am new on this forum.
I have ES 300 and IS 300.

With ES300 I had a problem with the rear glass. It was not going up even motor was running. It was off the track I think.

Mechanic fixed the problem but now it will not close window. it goes all the way up, do maximum upward travel and automatically start coming back. It do not stay closed. Mechanic says I have problem with switch. Before repair this problem was not there.

Any info on this system will be helpful.
Old 10-06-13, 12:05 PM
purplelex
Driver School Candidate

Default New Mbr, Sup Guyz/Galz

Just got a 93 ES on Friday. Pics will be posted soon, after a detail & new wheels. New to a Lexus, because i'm more of a Euro Guy, but hopefully will learn alot here
Old 10-06-13, 05:46 PM
Steves330
Driver School Candidate

Smile Father son project

Just purchased a 96 ES300 Coach.
Opal Pearl White. In descent condition for 216,000+.
Purchased as a daily driver for my youngest and gives us a project to work on.
Already fixed the cup holder using the Forum... Awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-phone-imports-108.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-phone-imports-109.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-phone-imports-110.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-phone-imports-107.jpg  

Last edited by Steves330; 10-06-13 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 10-09-13, 05:53 AM
djmcslick
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,
I purchased my ES300 in Nov 2002. It now has 217k miles on it and continues to run great. I've used this forum in the past to determine if I needed to recharge my a/c. Instead found out that I only needed to replace a $20 relay switch. I'm curious as to the need to replace shocks/struts on the vehicle, as I plan to let my son drive it at the end of this year and early next.
Old 10-10-13, 11:00 AM
rome6809
Driver School Candidate

New to the forum Ive had my 01 es300 for a few years and still love it silver two tone 180k now bought it with 82k.
Old 10-13-13, 09:08 PM
Zander416
Driver School Candidate

Hello all!

I am the proud owner of a 2004 ES 330 that had 79,000 miles and is in just amazing condition - like new! Whoever owned it took really really great care of it.
White Pearl - unsure of the official color name. It's beautiful.

A few of my previous vehicles
modified 2003 Acura RSX-S
heavily modified 2008 Chevy Cobalt SS (too fast for my own good so it had to go! Spun the tires up to 70mph)
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - nice car but I think mine had the snot beat out of it.

I'm new to Lexus but I'm in love already.

Being a newbie, can anyone direct me to a list of things just to be aware of? Or give me a short sum-up of important information?

I do have one question already.
The fog lights. Is there any way to aim them? I doubt it but thought I would ask. The passenger side one points more to the ground. The drivers side looks more natural. (hits the ground about 4 feet out or so)
It's not a huge deal though. Standing and squatting at a distance and looking at the car it was completely unnoticeable. (one not looking brighter than the other.)
Old 10-14-13, 08:24 AM
dexta540
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello Lexus owners!!!

Hey guys/gals just joined this forum today wanted to introduce myself and my ride My name is SIlas live in Richmond VA an i have a 1998 Lexus Es300 with 349,000 miles original motor and transmission second owner bought the car from my neighbor who has lived beside me of over 20 years and owns 2 other identical es300's!!!
Old 10-16-13, 06:14 PM
Ravencrave
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile Hello to all!

I am new to the forum but have checked it out now and then for 5 years. I am a 2001 ES300 owner...second owner and have driven this car everyday for the past 6 years. I bought it at 97,000 miles and at a good price! This is or was the best car I have ever had and has taken me to many places from Canada to Florida several times without an issue all until recently. I think my ES300 is going to RIP @ over 233,000 miles. I'm still going to try like hell to save it. Wish me luck!
Old 10-18-13, 12:01 AM
01ES300fan
Driver School Candidate

I am a new member to this forum. I just bought a 2991 Lexus ES300 that is grey in color. beautiful well taken care of care. Very happy with it. I am thinking of adding a weapon-R air intake to increase power and provide some more growk when i take off. Has anyone added a weapon-r intake system to this particular make and model? Let me know! Thanks!
Old 10-18-13, 12:49 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ES300fan
I am a new member to this forum. I just bought a 2991 Lexus ES300 that is grey in color. beautiful well taken care of care. Very happy with it. I am thinking of adding a weapon-R air intake to increase power and provide some more growk when i take off. Has anyone added a weapon-r intake system to this particular make and model? Let me know! Thanks!
Welcome!

Good to know the ES300 will still be around in 2991

But regardless, you should do a search of the threads, I know for sure a few people have posted about wanting to get the same intake.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=2573349
Old 10-21-13, 05:33 AM
01ES300fan
Driver School Candidate

Default 2nd attempt

Seems my first post was full of spelling error(s). I just bought my first 2001 Lexus ES300. I used to have a 2008 Lexus IS350 which i miss dramatically. But the economy isn't what it used to be, and i don't make what i used to make. I am thinking of modding my ES alittle, like headers and cat-back. I did a turtle wax headlight restore kit on my headlights and it cleared them slightly. I want to buy new headlight lenses. where is a good place to buy them i wonder...
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-myes300.jpg  
Old 10-21-13, 10:43 AM
Zander416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01ES300fan
I did a turtle wax headlight restore kit on my headlights and it cleared them slightly. I want to buy new headlight lenses. where is a good place to buy them i wonder...
Try this.

I did it and if you follow the directions as given, it DOES work and work extremely well.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!