Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

Fastest SC 1/4 mile time ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 08:08 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,258 Likes on 999 Posts
Default Fastest SC 1/4 mile time ?

What was the fastest 1/4 time SC run ? Who's car was it.?
Old 07-23-05, 08:28 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

I think the fastest was recorded at 9.71

It's on Intellexual.net.

Originally Posted by www.intellexual.net
In fact Ethan Banks has managed to squeeze an impressive +1000bhp from a built 2JZ-GE NA-T conversion, and David Henry was able to break a 9.71-second quarter mile on a 2JZ-GE NA-T with a completely stock bottom end and a 3mm head gasket w/ studs! Suffice to say the GE motor is just about as strong as the GTE motor.
If anyone has gotten faster, please inform me too!
Old 07-23-05, 10:53 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
I think the fastest was recorded at 9.71

It's on Intellexual.net.

If anyone has gotten faster, please inform me too!
Incorrect, Dave H has a Na-t Supra not SC. Fastest SC to date in the US is SW followed by Chris T. I think there was a another thread not too long ago on this subject.
Old 07-23-05, 11:42 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10.14@143mph im prety sure that takes the cake. thanks to SC, and Clint for getting the ball rolling.
Old 07-24-05, 01:23 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
10.14@143mph im prety sure that takes the cake. thanks to SC, and Clint for getting the ball rolling.
yeah i think it's still SW who holds the title. could be wrong.

.....but then again...doesn't blast motorsports have like a 8second(give or take a second or two) SC?
Old 07-24-05, 08:06 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

I searched and could not find it. It's not on intellexual.net.. Is that StreetKings SC or Clints car ? Anyone have the link about the thread. ? I wanted to know the answer with info like track conditions. Who ever knows for sure or... owns it please let us knowlet us know. Thanks.
Old 07-24-05, 11:30 AM
SC4Million
Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
I searched and could not find it. It's not on intellexual.net.. Is that StreetKings SC or Clints car ? Anyone have the link about the thread. ? I wanted to know the answer with info like track conditions. Who ever knows for sure or... owns it please let us knowlet us know. Thanks.

From what I understand streetking bought clints car as a "rolling chassis". As for whats under the hood now, I think that is streetkings doing.
Old 07-24-05, 12:18 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ill let one of them chime in on this one. as far as track conditions, SW is going to have to answer that one. i have the vids, but dont know the details of the day.
Old 07-24-05, 04:05 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC4Million
From what I understand streetking bought clints car as a "rolling chassis". As for whats under the hood now, I think that is streetkings doing.
Yes I am sure that Streetking had that motor built himself by Chris Johnson I think. Ok who is SW ? What is his CL name here ?
Old 07-24-05, 09:44 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Yes I am sure that Streetking had that motor built himself by Chris Johnson I think. Ok who is SW ? What is his CL name here ?

You answered your own question there. SW is StreetKing.
Old 07-24-05, 09:57 PM
sc300tt
Intermediate

That was my old 97, but I wouldn't say SW bought it as a "rolling chasis". The biggest difference from the specs listed on TurboImports.com from when I had it is that SW (Streetking) bought it without a bottom end/turbo kit, which I kept. Chris Johnson put in a new stock GTE bottom end and Boostlogic Turbo Kit (T71) and used my ported/polished head with oversize valves and cams. It now has a WOTM clutch (6spd) and AEM (for a Supra, plugged into my previous GTE wiring conversion). Chris also modified the rear subframe to prevent it from torquing under stress as the design is a little different than the Supra.

The track was down in San Antonio and it was early spring so the temp/conditions were great.
Old 07-24-05, 09:58 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

no, your wrong... SW is GOD!!! well, maybe not, but if God had a car, it would be SWs
Old 07-24-05, 10:02 PM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
no, your wrong... SW is GOD!!! well, maybe not, but if God had a car, it would be SWs
That's because SW has OCD, Obsessive Carpulsive Disorder. He continuously cleans/details/refinishes his cars like nobody else I know. My 97 was clean when I had it, but SW took it to another level. Sadly, nobody has found a cure.
Old 07-25-05, 02:51 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

So whats the fastest NA-t sc and 1jz SC in the US? I have seen vids of Soarers, running 9s but I want to know about the ones here. (i need to shoot for something)
Old 07-25-05, 03:16 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc300tt
That was my old 97, but I wouldn't say SW bought it as a "rolling chasis". The biggest difference from the specs listed on TurboImports.com from when I had it is that SW (Streetking) bought it without a bottom end/turbo kit, which I kept. Chris Johnson put in a new stock GTE bottom end and Boostlogic Turbo Kit (T71) and used my ported/polished head with oversize valves and cams. It now has a WOTM clutch (6spd) and AEM (for a Supra, plugged into my previous GTE wiring conversion). Chris also modified the rear subframe to prevent it from torquing under stress as the design is a little different than the Supra.

The track was down in San Antonio and it was early spring so the temp/conditions were great.
OK I saw the TBIM web site. That was the car I was thinking about. Some time ago I saw a Vid of that car running the quarter on the track on the Acura Web site. I remember the pic of that huge underbumper Intercooler and Motor and trans hanging on hoist in engine bay.
Do you still have the link to that Vid ?

Quick Reply: Fastest SC 1/4 mile time ?