CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Considering a 2012 CT200H

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 10:26 AM
sprocket
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sjw91
I spoke too soon. I looked it up. If it has Nav, it has upgraded stereo. Most obvious sign of premium package is Homelink buttons on the rearview mirror.
Curious where you looked it up? Just searching this site?

My original budget was lower, but I'm thinking long term a 2015+ may make sense. This one is at a Hyundai dealer in Stuart.
Old 07-15-19, 10:35 AM
sjw91
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sprocket
Curious where you looked it up? Just searching this site?

My original budget was lower, but I'm thinking long term a 2015+ may make sense. This one is at a Hyundai dealer in Stuart.
I just Googled 2015 CT200h brochure. Found this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus-CTh-Brochure.pdf (4.98 MB, 180 views)
Old 07-15-19, 11:01 AM
sprocket
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sjw91
I just Googled 2015 CT200h brochure. Found this.
That was super helpful. The one in Stuart seems a decent deal for a 2015. Especially with the NAV/Premium Sound.
Old 07-16-19, 06:41 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought a bunch of Prius in January of 2012 -- they were delayed because of the earthquake. The next were a few 14's and then I bought just two of the CT's in 15. I don't remember any major changes in the engine. They changed the spark plugs ... The EGR system is the same. We had zero issue .. did need to clean EGR around 200k

When I went looking in 15 -- my dealer had a huge delivery of the CT's. All the ... base with few options. Black w/ two tone interior (black tan) ..... They gave me a lease I could not pass up vs buying two more Prius. I also liked the CT as I was going to be driving the city more. I recently bought them after extending the lease -- 18k with around 40k.

To the OP ... it always pays to buy the better car. Find a perfect one. I always have a lest one MB wagon in the fleet -- my trusty W210 was just getting too old. I went hunting -- it took a few months .. but I found a perfect ... and I do mean perfect ... 2014 loaded sport example. 30k miles for 28k CPO from a dealer. Best bang for the buck. I'm only going to drive it 5-8 k a year -- I may have it 15 years. If you are going to put a lot of miles on your CT -- finding a low mile older example will be cheaper. But -- you will know when you see it.

All of our Prius have the LED headlights -- including the 12's. I always buy the highest trim level. I would have liked to get the LEDS on the CT's -- but I had one choice of options. Actually the base lights are decent -- I did upgrade the fog lights with examples that would take full 50w bulbs. Our cars also don't have intermittent wipers. They have heated seats -- you don't need in FL.

No Nav -- I guess the base radio -- frankly it's very nice. We do have the seat comfort -- our cars have the dimming mirror with the rear camera in the mirror. Make sure to sit in the F sport -- I can;t remember the seats ... I don't love some of the Lexus F seats.

The key is to get an accident free one ...good luck
Old 07-16-19, 07:05 AM
sprocket
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yeldogt
I bought a bunch of Prius in January of 2012 -- they were delayed because of the earthquake. The next were a few 14's and then I bought just two of the CT's in 15. I don't remember any major changes in the engine. They changed the spark plugs ... The EGR system is the same. We had zero issue .. did need to clean EGR around 200k

When I went looking in 15 -- my dealer had a huge delivery of the CT's. All the ... base with few options. Black w/ two tone interior (black tan) ..... They gave me a lease I could not pass up vs buying two more Prius. I also liked the CT as I was going to be driving the city more. I recently bought them after extending the lease -- 18k with around 40k.

To the OP ... it always pays to buy the better car. Find a perfect one. I always have a lest one MB wagon in the fleet -- my trusty W210 was just getting too old. I went hunting -- it took a few months .. but I found a perfect ... and I do mean perfect ... 2014 loaded sport example. 30k miles for 28k CPO from a dealer. Best bang for the buck. I'm only going to drive it 5-8 k a year -- I may have it 15 years. If you are going to put a lot of miles on your CT -- finding a low mile older example will be cheaper. But -- you will know when you see it.

All of our Prius have the LED headlights -- including the 12's. I always buy the highest trim level. I would have liked to get the LEDS on the CT's -- but I had one choice of options. Actually the base lights are decent -- I did upgrade the fog lights with examples that would take full 50w bulbs. Our cars also don't have intermittent wipers. They have heated seats -- you don't need in FL.

No Nav -- I guess the base radio -- frankly it's very nice. We do have the seat comfort -- our cars have the dimming mirror with the rear camera in the mirror. Make sure to sit in the F sport -- I can;t remember the seats ... I don't love some of the Lexus F seats.

The key is to get an accident free one ...good luck
Thanks for adding that. My wife drove a Prius, I believe it was a 2012 or 2013. She passed away in 2014, and I drove it around for about 6 months before I decided to sell it. I also had a GX470 at the time.
Old 07-16-19, 02:16 PM
phillymac
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For whats it worth I purchased a 2016 and they are equipped with Lexus Enform System if they have upgraded radio with or without nav. It allows you to monitor vehicle and remote start from app on your phone. There is a monthly/yearly fee, but still pretty cool.