CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Considering a 2012 CT200H

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-19, 08:26 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 253 Likes on 200 Posts

Looking at the photos on the dealer website, it looks like a base, minimally equipped CT that someone bizarrely pimped up: https://www.fieldsbmworlando.com/use...4bda323526.htm

Be aware that the IIHS gave the CT200h standard halogen headlights their lowest rating - Poor. That might not be a problem if you are driving it in only daylight hours or if you are young. It's a problem for old folks like us whose night vision has declined.

When I considered a CT200h in early 2014 (my wife wanted me to get a hybrid), I considered only ones with the optional LED headlights although they were never evaluated by the IIHS. The optional quad LED headlights on the CT seemed to perform as well as the optional quad LED headlights on my wife's 2012 Prius v which are very good.

It's pretty easy to identify CT's with the optional LED headlights if you know what you are looking for or just look for the headlight washers that come with them. In my area, all the 2014 CT200h the Lexus dealer had or found with LED headlights were highly optioned and had Pre-Collision System and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
Old 06-12-19, 01:25 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kansas
Looking at the photos on the dealer website, it looks like a base, minimally equipped CT that someone bizarrely pimped up: https://www.fieldsbmworlando.com/use...4bda323526.htm

Be aware that the IIHS gave the CT200h standard halogen headlights their lowest rating - Poor. That might not be a problem if you are driving it in only daylight hours or if you are young. It's a problem for old folks like us whose night vision has declined.

When I considered a CT200h in early 2014 (my wife wanted me to get a hybrid), I considered only ones with the optional LED headlights although they were never evaluated by the IIHS. The optional quad LED headlights on the CT seemed to perform as well as the optional quad LED headlights on my wife's 2012 Prius v which are very good.

It's pretty easy to identify CT's with the optional LED headlights if you know what you are looking for or just look for the headlight washers that come with them. In my area, all the 2014 CT200h the Lexus dealer had or found with LED headlights were highly optioned and had Pre-Collision System and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
Thanks Kansas. I'm 58 so I get what you're saying. Luckily my vision is still OK, hearing is another issue!

Based on the Carfax, it appears all of the oil changes were done which is a plus. I'm hoping the funky "upgrades" can lead to a better deal on an otherwise reliable vehicle.

Did you check out the shift ****!
Old 06-12-19, 03:13 PM
sjw91
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sprocket
Thanks Kansas. I'm 58 so I get what you're saying. Luckily my vision is still OK, hearing is another issue!

Based on the Carfax, it appears all of the oil changes were done which is a plus. I'm hoping the funky "upgrades" can lead to a better deal on an otherwise reliable vehicle.

Did you check out the shift ****!
If that doesn't work out, there's a good looking 2015 with 47k miles for sale at a dealer in Leesburg. Besides the engine upgrades, the later cars also got some good small improvements inside - armrest pad in the center console and sliding sun visors.
https://www.jenkinsnissanofleesburg....d27d1c174d.htm
Old 06-12-19, 07:23 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sjw91
If that doesn't work out, there's a good looking 2015 with 47k miles for sale at a dealer in Leesburg. Besides the engine upgrades, the later cars also got some good small improvements inside - armrest pad in the center console and sliding sun visors.
https://www.jenkinsnissanofleesburg....d27d1c174d.htm
I saw that listing. That dealership has $1,000 in add on fees. I'm also not a fan of one of the owners of the place.
Old 06-12-19, 08:12 PM
sjw91
Driver

I saw that listing. That dealership has $1,000 in add on fees. I'm also not a fan of one of the owners of the place.
Yeah, I assumed you had already searched. But it wasn't a bad looking car.
Old 06-13-19, 05:51 AM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Yeah, I assumed you had already searched. But it wasn't a bad looking car.
I also don't want a dark interior. Too hot in FL.
Old 06-13-19, 06:29 AM
sjw91
Driver

I also don't want a dark interior. Too hot in FL.
Understand. Though my seats are black, and I was surprised they aren't bad in the FL sun. Definitely not 70s vinyl.
Old 06-14-19, 01:19 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,586 Posts

The CT w/ the optional LEDs used first gen hardware. Still pretty much candlelight. Small, low heat capacity, low output. Probably marginally better than halogen.

The best way to go is do a BI-XENON retrofit... but that's the enthusiast's enthusiast choice. Not for the faint of heart... but also not terrible if you can DIY.

As far as the Prius V, the 2015+ got the second-gen design which is Koito BI-LED.
Old 06-18-19, 05:20 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

Quick update.

I went by the dealership that had the red 2012 above. Did I mention I absolutely hate car dealerships? I drove around the lot and spotted the vehicle. It wasn't as clean as the pictures, and I didn't even get out of my Sequoia. I just didn't get a good vibe with all the bling.

I'm going to look around, but I'm probably going to contact a broker a client used and try to find a 2015+ at an auction.

In the meantime, what is the easiest way to tell if a CT has the F-Sport package? The one linked below is a 2012 Premium and the description says it is F-Sport. I can't tell from any of the pictures.

https://www.mercedesoffortmyers.com/...ource=cars.com
Old 06-18-19, 06:04 PM
sjw91
Driver

Quick update.

I went by the dealership that had the red 2012 above. Did I mention I absolutely hate car dealerships? I drove around the lot and spotted the vehicle. It wasn't as clean as the pictures, and I didn't even get out of my Sequoia. I just didn't get a good vibe with all the bling.

I'm going to look around, but I'm probably going to contact a broker a client used and try to find a 2015+ at an auction.

In the meantime, what is the easiest way to tell if a CT has the F-Sport package? The one linked below is a 2012 Premium and the description says it is F-Sport. I can't tell from any of the pictures.

https://www.mercedesoffortmyers.com/...ource=cars.com
It's a nice looking car, but it's not an F Sport. The easiest way to tell is F Sport badges on the fenders and steering wheel. F Sports only come with black seats, and they're the only cars with black headliners.
Old 06-18-19, 06:08 PM
sprocket
Pit Crew

It's a nice looking car, but it's not an F Sport. The easiest way to tell is F Sport badges on the fenders and steering wheel. F Sports only come with black seats, and they're the only cars with black headliners.
Thanks for clearing that up. I had found a post outlining the technical differences and I've seen the badging. Just wanted to be sure the description is incorrect.

It does look clean.
Old 07-15-19, 03:59 AM
sprocket
Pit Crew

After a nice vacation road trip, putting 4,000 miles on a rental car, I'm back in the hunt.

The pics below are from a 2015, silver with parchment. It has 47K miles and it's priced at $14,997. Good Carfax with all service done. While it is obvious that the car has navigation, does this mean it also has the Premium Package? Is the stereo base? Only other question is whether you can tell if the headlights are the upgraded LED's.

Old 07-15-19, 05:26 AM
sjw91
Driver

I don't remember what Premium includes. But I don't see the seat heat controls on the dash. Can't tell on the stereo. The obvious sign is the subwoofer in the back. It would be on the left side.
Old 07-15-19, 05:57 AM
sjw91
Driver

I don't remember what Premium includes. But I don't see the seat heat controls on the dash. Can't tell on the stereo. The obvious sign is the subwoofer in the back. It would be on the left side.
I spoke too soon. I looked it up. If it has Nav, it has upgraded stereo. Most obvious sign of premium package is Homelink buttons on the rearview mirror.
Old 07-15-19, 09:50 AM
sjw91
Driver

Also, that car doesn't have LED headlights. They would have headlight washers on the bumper in front of the lenses. I'm going by pictures on that; I've never seen a CT with them.

Quick Reply: Considering a 2012 CT200H