New Lexus 2016 CT200H

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 09:40 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
Better tell that to Lincoln then.
That's probably the same car that the driver mixed up R and D and drove straight through a building and killed a former coworker of mine.

Edit: Nvm, it was a Buick...still dangerous and I'm sure many would prefer a shift **** rather than huge buttons in face.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...ng-club-crash/

Last edited by RonSwanson; 01-06-16 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-07-16, 03:58 AM
Infected
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bassamp
Interesting, but why did Lexus revert back to a technology from the 50's for its parking brake.
How should I know?

But that's the style Toyota has used for at least the Prius since 04.
And it's also the style that they use in the IS line as well.

Also, at least for the 2nd gen Prius (so I'd imagine it would be the same on the CT and 2010+ Prius) you can't shift into reverse or park after a certain speed.
You also can't turn the car off while driving by simply pushing the power button. You have to hold it.

I don't know that this is a sure thing on the CT, and now that I've mentioned it, I'm going to look it up. But, I do know this is how it was on the 04-09 Prius, and I'd imagine they'd keep it the same.

Last edited by Infected; 01-07-16 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-07-16, 04:41 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by BillitZky
There are numerous situation when you need to press the "P" (park) and let the engine running while at stop mode. In this condition, after pressing the "P", the driver door and passenger doors should not open for safety reason, I think.
I didn't say you wouldn't need to use the park button. Just saying you don't always have to use it, therefore, minimizing the accidental push of the ev button.

I really don't see the need for the doors to lock and unlock. What kind of safety reason would there be?
Someone jumping in the car with you?

Either way, this is changeable.
Old 01-07-16, 04:45 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by BillitZky
That is basically the issue that I brought up while driving at night, the lights below the shift **** indicates a "R" (reverse) while dashboard shows "D" (drive). If it has no bearing at all, then the Lexus engineer should highlighted all these positions the same.
It's just showing you the pattern, and simply highlighting the R for reverse, vs D, N, and B modes.

You're reading too much into it.
Old 01-07-16, 04:52 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
That's probably the same car that the driver mixed up R and D and drove straight through a building and killed a former coworker of mine.

Edit: Nvm, it was a Buick...still dangerous and I'm sure many would prefer a shift **** rather than huge buttons in face.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...ng-club-crash/

Sorry to hear about your coworker.

But, the Lacrosse also uses a shift **** style, so, based on that, the same thing can happen.

This is why the CT beeps at you (even if you program it for only one beep) when put into reverse, and the R is surrounded by a orange light, instead of green like drive.
The 2nd generation Prius beeps at you, and the square around the R on the dash flashes at you as well.
Old 01-19-16, 02:16 PM
mk6joe
Driver School Candidate

I think he's referring to the display under the **** (as you can see in the picture), but as far as I know it's just a pattern display, nothing more.
Perhaps OP is seeing the R being highlighted when his headlights are on, and thinking that that is showing what gear he's in.
What is the "b" gear for?
Old 01-19-16, 02:39 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by mk6joe
What is the "b" gear for?
This will explain it for you:
http://prius.ecrostech.com/QandA/BMode.htm
Old 01-21-16, 05:36 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The "b" gear is for engine breaking. It uses the electric motor to slow the car down.
You can compare it to be like down shifting in a gas engine transmission.
Old 01-21-16, 05:39 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by r81984
The "b" gear is for engine breaking. It uses the electric motor to slow the car down.
You can compare it to be like down shifting in a gas engine transmission.
Incorrect.
It uses the engine, not the motor.
Old 01-21-16, 08:07 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Incorrect.
It uses the engine, not the motor.
False.
Do you just like to troll with incorrect information?? Seriously, grow up.

It uses the regenerative braking system which is just using the electric motor as a generator to slow it down. Turning off the fuel to engine is not the main part of the slow down. It is basically keeping the engine coupled to not over rev the electric motor when it is acting as a generator for the slow down. The main stopping power is the generator.

When in D mode coasting can make maybe 10 amps. When in B mode the generation goes up to about 40 amps.

You just need to stop your uniformed posting.

Last edited by Trexus; 01-23-16 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-22-16, 10:53 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 01-28-16, 04:57 PM
BillitZky
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't say you wouldn't need to use the park button. Just saying you don't always have to use it, therefore, minimizing the accidental push of the ev button.

I really don't see the need for the doors to lock and unlock. What kind of safety reason would there be?
Someone jumping in the car with you?

Either way, this is changeable.
The manual for the 2016 CT200h says that the sequence of operation to stop the car is: Step foot break, press P-park button and press ignition button. I think the sequence is not that relevant to ALL since there are multiple ways to skin a cat.

I reprogrammed the P-park button in such a way that no doors will open when I press it when I stop to park the CT. I am used to my GX470 and would like to maintain the same feature.

When you live in the Bay Area, you never compromise safety, better than sorry.

The gear shift indicator is just a paint on the console, thanks to the person who posted the picture, and does not show any actual position of the gear while driving.

I love the Bluetooth feature which I can pair my iphone at an instant and the incoming call button, also the 3 months freebees of XM satellite radio is fine, the scotch guard is OK, the lojack can help, the weather sealant makes it a stand up and the 5 year extended warranty is a peace of mind...no navs by the way since I have the garmin