New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!! - Page 109 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Old 06-11-17, 02:31 AM   #1621
toyer14
Rookie

Default Smog

Anyone have any issues when it came to smogging there car with the rr tune? Considering decatting and getting tune.
toyer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 08:55 PM   #1622
idoke1
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyer14 View Post
Anyone have any issues when it came to smogging there car with the rr tune? Considering decatting and getting tune.
I recently smogged my ISF with gutted cats and rr-racing tune in CA. It pass smog through the obd. I'm not sure how NV smog is like.
idoke1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idoke1 For This Useful Post:
allst4risf (07-26-17), Rossi (06-12-17)
Old 06-12-17, 04:24 AM   #1623
Rickna
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Passed, no problem here in CT.
Rickna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 05:47 AM   #1624
Lets Drive
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Depends if they also do a visual test, but I think you'd be served nicely with hi-flow cats and the tune. No smell, no real power loss, you pass with no hassle.
Lets Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 10:22 AM   #1625
Leander311
Driver

New IS-F owner here... Found a "gently-salvaged" 2011 in Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/66k for under $24k. It needs a new front bumper, lower engine cover, and a couple minor suspension bits, but otherwise she's sound with a flawless dealership maintenance history. If I keep it for 150k miles like I did my IS350, the rebuilt title won't mean beans by then, so long-term the way I see it, it's a smart investment.

News of RR Racing's tune last year basically convinced me this would be my next car, and I've been looking for the right deal ever since. Before the end of this week, the body work will be done, and the Borla cat-back, RR Racing Tune/USRS/OA-Separator, HPS intake elbow, and aFe dry filter will be here. I'll likely gut the stock pre-cats and maybe add GESi/Vibrant high-flow cats down the road. If I can find an affordable installer/tuner, I'd also like to get dyno's for the good of the group.

So here's my question. I'm going to swap the F's original plugs. Is the ~400whp level I'll be at appropriate for one step colder plugs? I'm looking at the Denso IKH22's for $64 shipped via Amazon Prime, as discussed in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-the-isf.html.

The TX heat, aggressive street driving, and occasional track use lead me to believe it's a smart mod, but any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Nick

PS - FWIW, I'm also swapping in some Motul brake fluid, Stoptech braided brake lines to minimize water adsorption into the fluid for maximum life, Royal Purple gear oil for the LSD, and a Shorai LiFePo battery. My next mods within the year will likely be RR Racing's two-piece rotors, brake pads, and lighter forged wheels.
Leander311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 11:44 AM   #1626
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic

^^^^I would stay with the standard heat range. It's hotter here than in Texas, I've lived in both places. Victoria in Texas and Tucson in Arizona. However, When I change plugs I will be installing Denso TT plugs. Quite a bit cheaper and according to Denso a better plug. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...008-isf-4.html

Read pages 4 and 5.

Lou
flowrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 02:04 PM   #1627
Leander311
Driver

Thanks Lou... I'd actually read that thread just days before I started buying my power mods and already bought a set of the recommended TT plugs from AAP.

...but there's no discussion of heat ranges in that thread, and your mention of also simply living in a hot climate (love Victoria btw!) doesn't really lend any new information. Are you running similar power mods? Do you track your car? And if yes to both, can you comment on the condition of the plugs when you've changed them previously?
Old 06-14-17, 04:46 AM   #1628
PDP180180
Lexus Test Driver

Hey,

What about adding the RR-Racing oil cooler?

I'm in the UK, so not struggling with heat like you will in Texas, but still think one of these (there's a secondhand one listed for sale at the moment, nothing to do with me, but thought I'd point it out just in case it's any use for you?) would be a good idea.

Best of luck with it all.

Cheers.

Pete
PDP180180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 09:58 AM   #1629
Leander311
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP180180 View Post
Hey,

What about adding the RR-Racing oil cooler?

I'm in the UK, so not struggling with heat like you will in Texas, but still think one of these (there's a secondhand one listed for sale at the moment, nothing to do with me, but thought I'd point it out just in case it's any use for you?) would be a good idea.

Best of luck with it all.

Cheers.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I have faith in Lexus' factory HX's up to 400whp if RR Racing does... but plug heat ranges are a bit more sensitive. Simon @ RR Racing recommended one step colder plugs for my application, claiming better performance, I'm guessing because a colder plug won't be as prone to hot spots that will result in pulled timing by the ECU's response to knock, so ultimately that's what I'm going with.
Old 06-28-17, 01:21 PM   #1630
toyer14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoke1 View Post
I recently smogged my ISF with gutted cats and rr-racing tune in CA. It pass smog through the obd. I'm not sure how NV smog is like.
thanks Idoke1,whats you views of the tune,gonna gut my primarys and get the tune,what are your views of the tune?
toyer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 08:09 PM   #1631
USB_F
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander311 View Post
New IS-F owner here... Found a "gently-salvaged" 2011 in Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/66k for under $24k. It needs a new front bumper, lower engine cover, and a couple minor suspension bits, but otherwise she's sound with a flawless dealership maintenance history. If I keep it for 150k miles like I did my IS350, the rebuilt title won't mean beans by then, so long-term the way I see it, it's a smart investment.

News of RR Racing's tune last year basically convinced me this would be my next car, and I've been looking for the right deal ever since. Before the end of this week, the body work will be done, and the Borla cat-back, RR Racing Tune/USRS/OA-Separator, HPS intake elbow, and aFe dry filter will be here. I'll likely gut the stock pre-cats and maybe add GESi/Vibrant high-flow cats down the road. If I can find an affordable installer/tuner, I'd also like to get dyno's for the good of the group.

So here's my question. I'm going to swap the F's original plugs. Is the ~400whp level I'll be at appropriate for one step colder plugs? I'm looking at the Denso IKH22's for $64 shipped via Amazon Prime, as discussed in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-the-isf.html.

The TX heat, aggressive street driving, and occasional track use lead me to believe it's a smart mod, but any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Nick

PS - FWIW, I'm also swapping in some Motul brake fluid, Stoptech braided brake lines to minimize water adsorption into the fluid for maximum life, Royal Purple gear oil for the LSD, and a Shorai LiFePo battery. My next mods within the year will likely be RR Racing's two-piece rotors, brake pads, and lighter forged wheels.
Welcome and congrats on purchase
USB_F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to USB_F For This Useful Post:
Leander311 (06-28-17)
Old 07-12-17, 01:47 PM   #1632
Leander311
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB_F View Post
Welcome and congrats on purchase
Thanks again, and I just noticed you're in Austin... What part? I'm up near Parmer/MoPac and work near downtown. Would enjoy meeting up sometime and talking shop - PM me with your number if you're interested.
Old 09-02-17, 10:40 PM   #1633
GBO
Driver School Candidate

Just want to give a shout to Simon and Rafi and crew - i was apprehensive about ordering the kit from the other side of the world (Aus) but everything happened smoothly, freight, service, follow up, quality - ive done some cool things to cars over the years, and dealt with a lot of work shops, RR Racing has given me an awesome experience so far - thanks chaps!
GBO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GBO For This Useful Post:
RRRacing (09-14-17)
Old 09-13-17, 04:24 PM   #1634
BCHLER
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBO View Post
Just want to give a shout to Simon and Rafi and crew - i was apprehensive about ordering the kit from the other side of the world (Aus) but everything happened smoothly, freight, service, follow up, quality - ive done some cool things to cars over the years, and dealt with a lot of work shops, RR Racing has given me an awesome experience so far - thanks chaps!
After speaking with you Greg I am going to pull the trigger on this set up. Cant wait!!
BCHLER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BCHLER For This Useful Post:
RRRacing (09-14-17)