CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-16, 07:57 AM
Orboro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any discounts to be had on this? I just tried the IAMTUNED code but I'm guessing it expired a good while ago.
Old 10-27-16, 10:15 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Orboro
Are there any discounts to be had on this? I just tried the IAMTUNED code but I'm guessing it expired a good while ago.
no discount anymore it was only when they introduce the tune, the best way to get a discount is purchasing the power package which saves you around $300 compared to buying each item separate
Old 10-29-16, 09:47 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I am intersted in getting the tune but has the KCLV issue been corrected/updated? Will I need to buy additional wires and octane boosters to help the process?
Mikersoft for example, did yours ever go above 17.5?
Old 10-30-16, 05:47 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
I am intersted in getting the tune but has the KCLV issue been corrected/updated? Will I need to buy additional wires and octane boosters to help the process?
Mikersoft for example, did yours ever go above 17.5?
You must read this thread, it gets very interesting! Also, Rafi did revise a tune for the guys at elevation. I think someone linked the thread in the thread below. But I'll recommend you read this first!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-of-e85-8.html
Old 11-07-16, 12:39 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Well done and excellent MPH! Can you please advise how many miles are on your ISF? I am approaching 90k miles and am seriously considering this kit.
Old 11-07-16, 09:25 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

You guys can purchase the tune from us, save some money on shipping costs.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-07-16, 11:29 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Originally Posted by fstpassat
Well done and excellent MPH! Can you please advise how many miles are on your ISF? I am approaching 90k miles and am seriously considering this kit.
not sure about the miles but the car has been pushed to its limits, the fastest NA isf in the usa is running fbo with intake and tune with 140k miles on the car. our cars are extremely reliable and you shouldn't have any issues putting the super charger on yours
Old 11-15-16, 08:23 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just outta curiosity... I may buy the ecu tune today....there's $150.00 difference between having the OBD mod. If I am not planning on getting headers or supercharging it would it make more sense to just send my ecu in and save the $150?
Old 11-15-16, 08:45 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
just outta curiosity... I may buy the ecu tune today....there's $150.00 difference between having the OBD mod. If I am not planning on getting headers or supercharging it would it make more sense to just send my ecu in and save the $150?
spending the extra $150 seems like a no brainer to me. When I sent my ecu in to get the tune prior to the obd being available I paid nearly $60 with insurance for my ecu... Plus if any other revisions or tune upgrade become available why wouldn't you want to be able to update that in 10 minutes rather than pulling your ecu and re-shipping it?? also buying the tuner after the fact is not going to be $150 to my knowledge.
Old 11-15-16, 08:45 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Personal preference I guess...... But having the convenience of just hooking up the MyGenuius handheld in your garage and uploading the tune in about 10 minutes is well worth the extra $150 IMO
Old 11-15-16, 09:19 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Personal preference I guess...... But having the convenience of just hooking up the MyGenuius handheld in your garage and uploading the tune in about 10 minutes is well worth the extra $150 IMO
I have 0 idea on how to do the tune on my own...nor do I know where to go to have them do it?
Old 11-15-16, 10:24 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

I have 0 idea on how to do the tune on my own...nor do I know where to go to have them do it?
Its pretty stupid proof really. Rafi will send you instructions as well but the basics are they send you the handheld. You hook the handheld to your PC. Install the device software and run all the updates. Once the updates are completed Rafi will supply a tune file for your car which you use the application to copy to the Handheld device. You go out to your car, hook it up the handheld to the OBD and follow in the instructions on the handheld to install the tune. It's basically just putting the car in the accessory mode and off and on again a couple times. Done.

If you have a MAC and no access to PC or a windows VM then that would be my only argument to not getting the handheld since the software is Windows only AFAIK.

Last edited by liquidtek; 11-15-16 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-15-16, 10:37 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Its pretty stupid proof really. Rafi will send you instructions as well but the basics are they send you the handheld. You hook the handheld to your PC. Install the device software and run all the updates. Once the updates are completed Rafi will supply a tune file for your car which you use the application to copy to the Handheld device. You go out to your car, hook it up the handheld to the OBD and follow in the instructions on the handheld to install the tune. It's basically just putting the car in the accessory mode and off and on again a couple times. Done.

If you have a MAC and no access to PC or a windows VM then that would be my only argument to not getting the handheld since the software is Windows only AFAIK.
thanks for the info...super informative...I do not have a windows or PC...that was the issue when I had a power commander for my r6 that I wasn't able to do that either bc the software wasn't compatible to mac.

with that being said...since I don't have access to a pc and im not goin to buy one strictly for this than should I just go for the cheaper option and save the money?
Old 11-15-16, 10:54 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

thanks for the info...super informative...I do not have a windows or PC...that was the issue when I had a power commander for my r6 that I wasn't able to do that either bc the software wasn't compatible to mac.

with that being said...since I don't have access to a pc and im not goin to buy one strictly for this than should I just go for the cheaper option and save the money?
it is pretty easy to install Windows on a mac computer with a virtual machine or with bootcamp. like everyone else said the convenience of being able to upload a new tune file on the car without having to remove your ecu is worth the extra money.
Old 11-16-16, 11:16 AM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got the tune and Im VERY Happy with the results..

Thanks so much to Simon and Rafi!!!!

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!