CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

Euroteck Motorsports NEW CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER! IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 08:32 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by X20A
Any updates on this? Still waiting for pictures of the diffuser on an IS F before I make the order, and the Dec. 15th deadline is coming up soon. Maybe you guys should extend it to the end of the month.
I believe the first run is in production still. I was told 4 weeks prior to shipment, one week ago. I'd imagine pictures on an IS-F won't surface until 2nd week of January...
Old 12-13-10, 11:41 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, we plan to fit the diffuser we have here (the one on the white IS350 in the pics) on an IS-F possibly tomorrow if all goes well. Not only for pics, just to confirm the fitment etc...
Old 12-13-10, 11:58 AM
carlosg
Driver

Originally Posted by Euroteck
Actually, we plan to fit the diffuser we have here (the one on the white IS350 in the pics) on an IS-F possibly tomorrow if all goes well. Not only for pics, just to confirm the fitment etc...
Could you consider extending the special pricing for club lexus members once you confirm fitment for the IS-F.
Old 12-13-10, 12:05 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by carlosg
Could you consider extending the special pricing for club lexus members once you confirm fitment for the IS-F.
I will see what we can do, and consider that, yes...
Old 12-13-10, 04:23 PM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

Wicked! Can't wait to see those pics!

I will see what we can do, and consider that, yes...
After a particularly cold and ****** Monday, this made my day
Old 12-14-10, 12:39 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello,

Diffusers typically do not create any downforce, our diffuser does NOT create downfore. Wings create downfoce. Most street diffusers that are functional reduce rear end lift and improve stability, such as our part. For a diffuser to create downforce it needs to have a flat wing for air to flow on the top and bottom of it. Similar to a diffuser you see on say an Ferrari F430 or Enzo etc... Diffusers like that have the capability to create downforce. However a flat bottom rear diffuser such as our part with only fins does not have the capability to create downfoce. It does however create a very large forced channel of air to flow threw multiple channels, which has the ability to create noticeably higher stability at speeds over 80mph and much more noticeable at speeds over 140mph. Our image posted is straight from our engineering dept, right off the virtual wing testing. I am not sure if you have ever seen what results look like, however, it is not just a print out that says good, bad, or yes it creates downforce etc...It is pages long of different variables. For it to be easily read and understood to the public, without it looking like a page of HTML, we would need to translate that to a clear graph showing what changes as wing flows. That is very tough to put into witting in a picture or text as we do not have even an actual # say if it was a wing showing different lbs. of downforce at speed. However our software is the same used on any race or Formula development team, since that is a large portion of what we do. Here is an image of an Renault in the same development/test software we use. If you have any questions, or would like me to go into this more in depth, feel free to call me at 1-866-950-7779 ext. 2 and I will be more then happy to explain what i can to you.
Quick question, Euroteck, but let me preface this by stating this is not a criticism b/c I'm highly interested in this piece. Does this diffuser, or any similar diffuser for that matter, improve the drag coefficient, or is it simply for greater stability at high speed? Thanks!
Old 12-14-10, 02:46 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Quick question, Euroteck, but let me preface this by stating this is not a criticism b/c I'm highly interested in this piece. Does this diffuser, or any similar diffuser for that matter, improve the drag coefficient, or is it simply for greater stability at high speed? Thanks!
Hi,

This diffuser most likely will not actually improve drag, in fact, wings and some real crazy racing diffusers actually create a bit of drag depending on the style. But usually the increased drag is taken for the benefit of a wing or functional diffuser.
Old 12-14-10, 03:46 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would like to see pic of this too!!!
Old 12-14-10, 06:45 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Hello everyone, as promised today we got to fit the diffuser on an IS-F. We didn't do this as much for pics, we mainly wanted to confirm the fitment, and thankfully it is just how we expected it, and it fit like a glove! So we are very happy about that. We did not take pictures of the car off the lift, we just borrowed an employees car at a local Lexus dealer who was kind enough to let us use it quickly for a test fit. I cannot stress how quick and easy this thing goes on! You will all appreciate that. It looks great on a regular IS, but let me tell you, on an IS-F it looks amazing in person, with the the exhaust how it is, and rear bumper, it really fills in the middle and makes it look aggressive. (we did not even put the screws or clips in for test fit in case you notice it is not on all the way).

Old 12-14-10, 06:56 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Glad to hear fitment is like a glove. Can't wait to receive mine.
Old 12-14-10, 06:58 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Yep time to order, what day do we have till?
Old 12-14-10, 07:10 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Looks great! Glad to hear fitment is like a glove. Can't wait to receive mine.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing it on your car too!
Old 12-16-10, 02:40 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by X20A
Perfect! Thank you very much, good sir.

Can't wait to receive it now! Would also be pretty sweet if you guys could develop a CF front lip, or maybe some CF splitters, none of the front lips out right now appeal to me, for the icode one. Found some universal CF splitters, but the fit just isn't quite right and it's gappy.
We are considring a front lip, yes. One to be very similar, clean and simple like our Mercedes lips. We were not sure to do it for the regular IS, or IS-F, but we are feeling the F model may be a better option....
Old 12-16-10, 02:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Some of us would be very keen on a functional splitter. It would help with the understeer the car has at the track.
Old 12-16-10, 03:11 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Some of us would be very keen on a functional splitter. It would help with the understeer the car has at the track.

I have a great design in mind for an IS-F, one that I know with slight modifying we can make to be a real functional part. It is just, we are cautious that it will be a selling part, from a business stand point, we are not sure about the return on investment. Before we invest the time, money and testing, which won't be cheap on our end, we would like to know solid interest. How many of you would really be interested in a functional carbon front lip, that is clean and taste full and flows with the car. Priced in the $650-$750 range? and would leaving a deposit of about $200 be of interest to get the project moving? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Neal

Quick Reply: Euroteck Motorsports NEW CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER! IS-F