CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

Euroteck Motorsports NEW CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER! IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-10, 10:40 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euroteck Motorsports NEW CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER! IS-F

Hello everyone, as a brand new sponsor here, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Neal and I am the President and Chief R&D coordinator of the Euroteck Motorsports Corporation. Some of you may know me mostly from some other Mercedes-Benz forums. For those who are not familiar with Euroteck Motorsports, to sum up a little of what we do is design and manufacture carbon fiber exterior aero parts for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We also have our own line of big brake kits, and 3pc. forged wheels. (more wheels coming soon). We as well manufacture private label carbon fiber aero parts for other companies and private race teams.

We have never done anything for any Lexus model as of yet. But this is our first item we made for one, and we are quite excited about it. It is our Carbon Fiber rear performance diffuser for all IS models except the convertible. We wanted to create something for the rear end to make it look a bit more aggressive while adding function at the same time but still keeping a classy look. We are pleased with the result producing an extremely high quality part.

Regarding pricing, our retail price is $725, but we currently have it priced at our introductory rate of $629 HOWEVER! for all Club Lexus members, we would like to offer an additional $30 off so for all you reading this, your price is $599. We will only offer the $599 price until December 15th, and the regular $629 introductory price will go away back up to $725 on January 1st 2011. We encourage you to take advantage of this special deal now. All parts need to be made, and once you order your diffuser they will take approximately 4 weeks to make. Again, for the $599 price you need to order before December 15th, upon check out to get that price, just put "CLUB LEXUS" in the special comment area box and you will be resent an invoice reflecting the new amount.

Here is a link to it on our website
http://www.etkms.com/index.cfm?fusea...t=41&pageid=52

You can order via the website and when your item is completed and ships, you will receive an email from up with a UPS tracking #. REMEMBER to enter "CLUBLEXUS" in the special comment box for the $599 discount price.

Or you can call us at 1-866-950-7770 or email me at neal@etkms.com

Here is the item description from our webiste below.

"
Introducing our newest edition to our line up. Euroteck Motorsports Corporation Lexus IS series carbon fiber rear performance diffuser. With over 6 months in the making, we are pleased to announce the worlds first true bolt on replacement carbon fiber diffuser for the Lexus IS series.

This beautifully finished pre-preg carbon fiber part replaces the stock plastic rear under tray, and re uses all plastic mounting hardware. This part can be installed in as little as 10 minutes with only a socket set and flat head screw driver, simplicity was key when designing this part, as absolutely NO modification is made to a stock vehicle for installation.

Our original intentions for designing this part were strictly for cosmetic improvement. However, down the road in R&D we decided to use our state of the art advanced CSWT (Computer Simulated Wing Testing) software that we have previously used only for only our private label race team aero parts that we manufacture and test or 3rd party testing that we provide for other companies. With only a few tweaks to our original design we were able to create a forced channel of air to flow smoothly threw the 4 strategically placed fins. The result equates to improved high speed stability and reduced rear end lift. Make no mistake, this is not a true race only diffuser, this was designed for street or track use for improved looks as well as the 2nd benefit as an aero improvement, perfect for the HPDE driver!

Comes with full installation instructions with pictures, and as with all our new autoclave finished parts, fitment is just like OEM or better.

Note: Fits ONLY 2006-2011 Lexus IS250 Sedan, IS350 Sedan and IS-F Sedan"

Now I will let the pictures speak for them self. We do not believe in fancy photo editing, or photpshop. What you see is what you get, these pictures are straight from our regular point and shoot camera.

Last edited by Euroteck; 12-05-10 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-05-10, 10:52 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loooks really goood. Can you guys make one out of a different material? Say the oem plastic material?
Old 12-05-10, 10:55 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting product, does 06-08 and 09+ share with the same tray while rear bumper is different? wonder how would it look like on 06 - 08 rear, also with the GFX rear...

Last edited by quang; 12-05-10 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-05-10, 11:01 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Loooks really goood. Can you guys make one out of a different material? Say the oem plastic material?
Thank you. Unfortunately we do not even have the capability to make it out of plastic. We can probably do one in fiberglass, but it wont be that much cheaper...
Old 12-05-10, 11:03 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by quang
interesting product, does 06-08 and 09+ share with the same tray while rear bumper is different? wonder how would it look like on 06 - 08 rear, also with the GFX rear...
The difference in the rear tray on the 06-08 is only that it is all flat, while the newer models have small fins in them already. The mouting points are all the same. Same situation with the IS-F, different stock under tray then other models, but same mouting as all other IS.
Old 12-06-10, 12:20 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that's an impressive bit of construction!
Old 12-06-10, 05:40 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any information on the weight of this piece compared to the stock plastic? Particularly for the IS-F but any IS would suffice.

Neal - BTW, I think I was the one who purchased those HRE's off your orange viper a little while back... I had the red vert. Hope your doing well.
Old 12-06-10, 10:34 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Any information on the weight of this piece compared to the stock plastic? Particularly for the IS-F but any IS would suffice.

Neal - BTW, I think I was the one who purchased those HRE's off your orange viper a little while back... I had the red vert. Hope your doing well.
Hey! great to see you here! Yes, we re-stripped my wheels red for you right? what a small world!

About the weight, not a bad question....Both parts are light weight, the stock part is about 3lbs. Our part is lighter at just about 1lb. Both being so light weight, there really is no difference. But at least we did not add any weight!
Old 12-06-10, 03:20 PM
GarrettISF
Driver School Candidate

Great job on the diffuser. Quality looks really good as well. For the people that have aftermarket exhausts...do we have to worry about this hitting the carbon fiber? Do you have any shots of it on an F?
Old 12-06-10, 03:28 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Boy, that does look good. Can you PM me the price for ISF? Thanks.
Old 12-06-10, 03:36 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Euroteck
Hey! great to see you here! Yes, we re-stripped my wheels red for you right? what a small world!

About the weight, not a bad question....Both parts are light weight, the stock part is about 3lbs. Our part is lighter at just about 1lb. Both being so light weight, there really is no difference. But at least we did not add any weight!
Yup, that was me!

That's good to hear about the weight. I really like the piece. I just wish the deal wasn't only offered at a time when I'm stretched as it is w/ Christmas. Kinda hard to tell the wife we're going light this year and UPS shows up w/ a carbon fiber diffuser. She knows carbon fiber ain't cheap

I'm glad you guys have the IS-F on your radar. I'll get in contact with you after the holidays if I decide to pick up the diffuser.
Old 12-06-10, 06:26 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Boy, that does look good. Can you PM me the price for ISF? Thanks.
The price is at the top of the thread, read.

Can we get some supported documentation besides a colorful image that proves it improves rear down force? No offense but just putting in arrows where the wind will blow (kind of obvious) doesnt do it for me. Dont want to sound like negative Nancy as im 90% sold on this piece.
Old 12-06-10, 06:49 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GarrettISF
Great job on the diffuser. Quality looks really good as well. For the people that have aftermarket exhausts...do we have to worry about this hitting the carbon fiber? Do you have any shots of it on an F?
Thank you! and to answer your question, with the way it was designed, aftermarket exhaust will not be an issue. It is technically the same size as the stock part, so if you have no issues stock, you wont with this. That was a good question though! At the moment I do not have pictues of it on an IS-F I wish I did, because I think it would look even better.
Old 12-06-10, 06:51 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Yup, that was me!

That's good to hear about the weight. I really like the piece. I just wish the deal wasn't only offered at a time when I'm stretched as it is w/ Christmas. Kinda hard to tell the wife we're going light this year and UPS shows up w/ a carbon fiber diffuser. She knows carbon fiber ain't cheap

I'm glad you guys have the IS-F on your radar. I'll get in contact with you after the holidays if I decide to pick up the diffuser.
Haha! I totally understand! Have a great Holiday! Talk to you soon!
Old 12-06-10, 07:14 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Splat
The price is at the top of the thread, read.

Can we get some supported documentation besides a colorful image that proves it improves rear down force? No offense but just putting in arrows where the wind will blow (kind of obvious) doesnt do it for me. Dont want to sound like negative Nancy as im 90% sold on this piece.
Hello,

Diffusers typically do not create any downforce, our diffuser does NOT create downfore. Wings create downfoce. Most street diffusers that are functional reduce rear end lift and improve stability, such as our part. For a diffuser to create downforce it needs to have a flat wing for air to flow on the top and bottom of it. Similar to a diffuser you see on say an Ferrari F430 or Enzo etc... Diffusers like that have the capability to create downforce. However a flat bottom rear diffuser such as our part with only fins does not have the capability to create downfoce. It does however create a very large forced channel of air to flow threw multiple channels, which has the ability to create noticeably higher stability at speeds over 80mph and much more noticeable at speeds over 140mph. Our image posted is straight from our engineering dept, right off the virtual wing testing. I am not sure if you have ever seen what results look like, however, it is not just a print out that says good, bad, or yes it creates downforce etc...It is pages long of different variables. For it to be easily read and understood to the public, without it looking like a page of HTML, we would need to translate that to a clear graph showing what changes as wing flows. That is very tough to put into witting in a picture or text as we do not have even an actual # say if it was a wing showing different lbs. of downforce at speed. However our software is the same used on any race or Formula development team, since that is a large portion of what we do. Here is an image of an Renault in the same development/test software we use. If you have any questions, or would like me to go into this more in depth, feel free to call me at 1-866-950-7779 ext. 2 and I will be more then happy to explain what i can to you.

Quick Reply: Euroteck Motorsports NEW CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER! IS-F