CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-21, 05:52 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
My curse with Android unit continues. Joystick does not work in Android menu, it works fine in OEM. I cannot even hold down menu to go to Android system I had to reboot my car to get back to Android. I don't even see cursor but OEM still works. Looks like I'm stuck.
Dude, this sucks, I feel so bad. Can you return it?

Originally Posted by InveredMP
I just ordered the 4x4 unit and will be returning the Lexion unit.

I can’t stand the lack of customer support with Lexion.
I have the 2ng gen 4x4 unit, which has been great, I imagine the current 3rd gen is even better, but the point I wanted to make here was that 4x4's customer service is FANTASTIC, they have gone out of their way to help me with things on so many occasions, way past the warranty period.
Old 08-06-21, 05:58 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked

I have the 2ng gen 4x4 unit, which has been great, I imagine the current 3rd gen is even better, but the point I wanted to make here was that 4x4's customer service is FANTASTIC, they have gone out of their way to help me with things on so many occasions, way past the warranty period.
If I don’t hear from Lexion in 24 hours I’m filing a dispute. They haven’t responded to me in a week. I’m tired of the issues.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (08-07-21)
Old 08-06-21, 06:50 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Im not sure, he can basically ignore me all he wants. This is completely waste of my time and effort. I’m in same boat as InvereMP if he doesn’t reply back would have to open dispute. Man, all these glowing feedbacks I thought this is the one. For some reason my car joystick never works with ANY of Android units I thought Lexion would work. I got so pissed I even took out my old 4x4 unit, going back to oem. Very likely harness for Lexion is fine just my car seems to be special it won’t work with any of Android system. This really sucks!!
Jazzrock (08-07-21)
Old 08-06-21, 06:52 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

If I don’t hear from Lexion in 24 hours I’m filing a dispute. They haven’t responded to me in a week. I’m tired of the issues.
I sent you PM earlier. How did you connect two connectors they are the same type one is called Audio and other called Joystick. I thought I messed up this connection but tried all possible combinations nothing works.

Old 08-06-21, 06:54 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Im not sure, he can basically ignore me all he wants. This is completely waste of my time and effort. I’m in same boat as InvereMP if he doesn’t reply back would have to open dispute. Man, all these glowing feedbacks I thought this is the one. For some reason my car joystick never works with ANY of Android units I thought Lexion would work. I got so pissed I even took out my old 4x4 unit, going back to oem. Very likely harness for Lexion is fine just my car seems to be special it won’t work with any of Android system. This really sucks!!

If you used a payment method that you can dispute with (credit card, paypal, ect), then just get the shipping address and send it back. Once you have the tracking info confirming you sent it back, you will win the dispute and get your $ back.
Old 08-06-21, 06:56 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

If you used a payment method that you can dispute with (credit card, paypal, ect), then just get the shipping address and send it back. Once you have the tracking info confirming you sent it back, you will win the dispute and get your $ back.
Thanks for the tips. This will be last resort if he keeps ignoring our messages.
Old 08-06-21, 07:08 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I sent you PM earlier. How did you connect two connectors they are the same type one is called Audio and other called Joystick. I thought I messed up this connection but tried all possible combinations nothing works.

Audio goes in the back of the radio. Jog mouse is connected and the connection to wheel is left unconnected
Old 08-06-21, 07:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Audio goes in the back of the radio. Jog mouse is connected and the connection to wheel is left unconnected
So you did not connect Joystick connector? This connector is the same as Audio one only one can be connected behind the radio. I wasn’t sure which one to connect or you daisy chained Joystick to Audio then the male con goes to back of radio?
Old 08-06-21, 09:50 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

So you did not connect Joystick connector? This connector is the same as Audio one only one can be connected behind the radio. I wasn’t sure which one to connect or you daisy chained Joystick to Audio then the male con goes to back of radio?
connect audio to the back of the head unit. That’s where it goes. Joystick gets connected to the jog mouse.
whoismiked (08-07-21)
Old 08-06-21, 10:05 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

connect audio to the back of the head unit. That’s where it goes. Joystick gets connected to the jog mouse.
Im the dumbest guy I didn’t think of connecting the harness to back of joystick. So embarrassed. I’ll try out tomorrow hopefully it will work.

Old 08-06-21, 10:08 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Im the dumbest guy I didn’t think of connecting the harness to back of joystick. So embarrassed. I’ll try out tomorrow hopefully it will work.

Bingo. So you plug the harness into that, then the factory jog connector into the harness.
whoismiked (08-07-21)
Old 08-06-21, 10:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Bingo. So you plug the harness into that, then the factory jog connector into the harness.
Thanks man. Cross my fingers it works will find out first thing tomorrow.
Jazzrock (08-07-21)
Old 08-06-21, 10:25 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Thanks man. Cross my fingers it works will find out first thing tomorrow.
I bet it will work.
Old 08-06-21, 11:17 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I bet it will work.
Yes I have a good feeling it will.
Old 08-07-21, 01:53 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 152 Posts

Have you seen this diagram? I was sent this when I got the unit and was waiting for my installation date.Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models-photo595.jpg

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models