CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Alignment with air lift 3p?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 11:42 PM
andrewwh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment with air lift 3p?

So I bagged my 2gs recently and I really need an alignment as my toe is killing my tires, but the problem is when I air up to my ride height, the numbers are not consistent. For example, my fronts are supposed to be at 70 psi and my rears at 60, but when I air up, the fronts will be at like 72 and the rears at 63 62. So my question is how do you guys with airlift 3p get alignments?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I posted it here cause i'm located in socal.
Old 10-04-17, 06:15 PM
21pirates
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andrewwh
So I bagged my 2gs recently and I really need an alignment as my toe is killing my tires, but the problem is when I air up to my ride height, the numbers are not consistent. For example, my fronts are supposed to be at 70 psi and my rears at 60, but when I air up, the fronts will be at like 72 and the rears at 63 62. So my question is how do you guys with airlift 3p get alignments?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I posted it here cause i'm located in socal.

I recommend so cal suspension
Old 10-04-17, 09:00 PM
lx4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go to manual and air it to 70 and 60 on each bag. I have 3p also but on my Audi, and I went san diego tire wheel and got my car aligned they did a great job.
Old 10-04-17, 09:48 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Your alignment will change every time you air up and down anyways, so a few PSI won't make that much of a difference. If you want it to be the most accurate, then you should have gotten ride height sensors instead of PSI sensors.
Old 04-21-18, 05:52 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo! Looks AWESOME bro. I'm curious as to how happy you are with the ride quality at 70f/60b or whatever psi you ride... How do you like Air Lift's kit? Would you recommend it?
I had Strutbags on my old '96 Grand Am GT about 15 years ago--- they were made by "Automann"- no adjustable dampers back then, or anything. I'm excited to get back on air again!

I'm considering buying adjustable rear upper control arms, in addition to them up too... that way, the alignment is a little easier to fine-tune. You know?
Old 04-21-18, 08:32 PM
RiffRaff35
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending where you are in socal. Corner 3 Garage in Lagun Hills/Lake Forest in OC is a performance shop with an in ground alignment machine. Talk to steve, he's very knowledgeable. I believe some guys on here go to this shop like myself.
Old 09-30-18, 12:56 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Yo, OP! Sorry to resurrect an older post...but curious if you got your alignment all good now. Let me know.
(I'm about to go install the other adjustable rear toe arm, on the Right side of my GS, now...and if time, the adjustable front UCA's)

How's your Air Lift kit holding up?
Old 10-01-18, 09:53 AM
timmy0tool
Forum Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

general rule is that it's very difficult to get a perfect alignment with air suspension, especially with pressure based systems since pressure depends on atmospheric conditions such as air temp.
in other words 90 psi on a 90 deg day will vary in height versus a 60 deg day!
best is height based leveling systems like accuair but even then it's not 100% accurate you'll get a consistent alignment as you air up and down.

also the IS/GS need adjustable rear toe arms to get a better alignment especially when riding very low.
Old 10-03-18, 09:27 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
general rule is that it's very difficult to get a perfect alignment with air suspension, especially with pressure based systems since pressure depends on atmospheric conditions such as air temp.
in other words 90 psi on a 90 deg day will vary in height versus a 60 deg day!
best is height based leveling systems like accuair but even then it's not 100% accurate you'll get a consistent alignment as you air up and down.

also the IS/GS need adjustable rear toe arms to get a better alignment especially when riding very low.

Yeah, true true. I never thought I'd even SAY this, let alone want to do it--- but I'm def thinking about going with Air Lift 3H kit since our cars have double-wishbone suspension... my old setup was fully manual (and wired "hot"- which I LOVED- although, I didn't ever run the compressors with the engine off, but I COULD if I needed to). Reg old McPherson struts up front with a solid rear axle is a totally different story than the 2GS setup.

Having the 3H kit might help to minimize the tire wear, at least... ya know?

Anyway- OP--- please tell us more about your setup and posts more pics!