951/909 slammed friendly smog shop - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

951/909 slammed friendly smog shop

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-03-16, 08:25 AM
  #1  
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
1sWt2GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: soCAL
Posts: 6,434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default 951/909 slammed friendly smog shop

It's about that time of the year again and I'm looking for a new smog shop. Not too happy with the service of my old one.

Looking for a slammed friendly shop around 951/909 Inland empire area
1sWt2GS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 12:58 AM
  #2  
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
1sWt2GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: soCAL
Posts: 6,434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

BUMP anyone have a shop in the LA or OC area? Willing to drive a little!
1sWt2GS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 08:58 AM
  #3  
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS View Post
BUMP anyone have a shop in the LA or OC area? Willing to drive a little!
I've been taking MY 08 IS F to "Arcadia Smog Test Only Center" for a few years now...
Honest & car friendly.

401 N 1st Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006

Entrance is on La Porte St.

Ask for John.. Feel free to mention Joe Z from ClubLexus referred you..

Just make sure your can actually PASS the SMOG TEST.

Joe Z
Joe Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 10:02 AM
  #4  
trippy
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fountain Valley Ca
Posts: 524
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

if you need a shady place to pass smog with mods hit me up =P
trippy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 10:28 AM
  #5  
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
1sWt2GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: soCAL
Posts: 6,434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
I've been taking MY 08 IS F to "Arcadia Smog Test Only Center" for a few years now...
Honest & car friendly.

401 N 1st Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006

Entrance is on La Porte St.

Ask for John.. Feel free to mention Joe Z from ClubLexus referred you..

Just make sure your can actually PASS the SMOG TEST.

Joe Z
i might need to head out to LA if no one can recommend a good shop in the IE area

Originally Posted by trippy View Post
if you need a shady place to pass smog with mods hit me up =P
car is passable just need to put back on stock intake and remove chip from ECU.
1sWt2GS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 09:44 AM
  #6  
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Superjatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: @TheScCrew
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Dm, I can do it we out the car lol
Superjatt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:41 PM
  #7  
whitebeast
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
whitebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,705
Thanks: 0
Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts
Default

My cousin has Smog shop down here in OC. Lowed car friendly!
T&H AUTO REPAIR
10692 Stanford Ave
(714) 867-6225
whitebeast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 12:51 PM
  #8  
chris07is
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
chris07is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 818/323/562
Posts: 2,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

what about in 562? anyone can recommend one?
chris07is is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 09:34 PM
  #9  
Marn
Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

you guys should know that for 2000 and newer cars they dont use rollers anymore so i dont know why you need a low car friendly shop. its just an obd plug in and a sniffer.you concerned with the driveway?
Marn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 10:27 PM
  #10  
FiveSeven
Pole Position
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 264
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marn View Post
you guys should know that for 2000 and newer cars they dont use rollers anymore so i dont know why you need a low car friendly shop. its just an obd plug in and a sniffer.you concerned with the driveway?
I was thinking the same thing hahah
FiveSeven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 10:01 AM
  #11  
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
1sWt2GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: soCAL
Posts: 6,434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chris07is View Post
what about in 562? anyone can recommend one?
Just an update. I was so confused when I went to smog and realized they didn't drive it on the machine anymore. Plus it was a lot cheaper because of this. Ended up getting it done at a local mom and pop smog shop for pretty cheap.
1sWt2GS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 08:17 AM
  #12  
davidcausa
Driver
 
davidcausa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS View Post
Just an update. I was so confused when I went to smog and realized they didn't drive it on the machine anymore. Plus it was a lot cheaper because of this. Ended up getting it done at a local mom and pop smog shop for pretty cheap.
what exactly do they do now?
a guy at the exhaust shop was telling me something like they only do the OBDII check now?
davidcausa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 09:35 AM
  #13  
FiveSeven
Pole Position
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 264
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by davidcausa View Post
what exactly do they do now?
a guy at the exhaust shop was telling me something like they only do the OBDII check now?
basically they do 2 things:

1. quick visual check.

2. plug in the obdii reader and run your car at idle for a few minutes..

as long as your car doesn't throw any codes your good to go.
FiveSeven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 09:39 AM
  #14  
davidcausa
Driver
 
davidcausa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
basically they do 2 things:

1. quick visual check.

2. plug in the obdii reader and run your car at idle for a few minutes..

as long as your car doesn't throw any codes your good to go.
splendid
davidcausa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 10:17 AM
  #15  
dorkacho
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

any place anyone would recommend around 562?

bumping this thread.. thanks guys!
dorkacho is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 951/909 slammed friendly smog shop


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: